IGNORED

England Are Crap Because Of The Xbox - Redknapp

UK, October 11, 2007 - If you've been wondering why so many English football teams resort to drafting in foreign players, then Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has got the answer - it's all down to the Xbox.

Speaking in his newspaper column, the former footballer said that the working classes are turning their back on the beautiful game because "football cannot compete with an Xbox". He added: "Now I rarely see a kickabout in the park. All I see are the dazzling lights of bedroom windows from the glare of TVs and computers." Very poetic.

Redknapp went on to note that poorer countries still have the passion for football because they can't afford consoles, "Maybe they have the hunger and drive that working class boys of England had 30 years ago but now is replaced by videogame passion."

On a related note, Football Manager 2008 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 are out later this month, which will both no doubt add to the problem. Oh dear

It's true though, my sisters 2 kids are at prime age for moulding into footie fans/players but their more interested in fighting over who's go it is on the xbox, the only football they'll play is pro evo, lets face it when you go to the match it's mostly adults there, kids just arn't interested in football anymore.

I had a dreamcast aswell.....ah virtua tennis. still it was a piece of shit though.

Anyone remember the Atari Lynx?

Edited by The Prisoner

Harrys got a point!

I can remember being a kid, playing wars on old building sites and in fields, the rich kids had plastic helmets and toys guns....the rest had nothing on the head and sticks for guns!!

NOW!!.....You put a disc in.....and your a fuc%ing tank commander, or a stormtrooper with every weapon ever invented.You can be on the normandy beaches or dropped behind enemy lines...ALL THIS and you don't rip the arse out of your trouses and get wrong for hitting your brother(because he was a German)......

And we used to play football....using jumpers for goalposts <_< .

Throw all the electronic crap away!!!!........Create good footballers....and invade Germany B)