IGNORED

Gibson: Yak Has Switched Himself Off

Louis

Jay, I think you'll find thats a bit of sarcasm by Craccer, he's certainly not a Nugent fan, maybe Smith. :D

The more i read about Yakubo tho, i think Either of the aforementioned players at half the price could be a better deal.

Even Freddie Eastwood who went to Wolves could have been a better Deal for £1.5 million. :)

Jay, I think you'll find thats a bit of sarcasm by Craccer, he's certainly not a Nugent fan, maybe Smith. :D

The more i read about Yakubo tho, i think Either of the aforementioned players at half the price could be a better deal.

Even Freddie Eastwood who went to Wolves could have been a better Deal for £1.5 million. :)

yer i knew that, note the smiley at the end :)

hey pompey fan here hope im ok to post here!!!

yak is indeed a very lazy player and when he wants to move club he does stop trying and becomes a bit of a burden on the team however when hes switched on he is a quality striker and penaltys well he never misses he will be a great signing for you and will at the very least get 12 premiership goals for you but expect more.

With the nugent topic he dont look that great to be honest in fact he dont even look good he runs his nuts of all game but pompey have a striker that does that in benjani looks a bad bad buy to me and im just praying we manage to get a goalscorer in before the transfer window closes as the yak as opted for you rather then us which im actually gutted about but hey what can you do,i know everton are a bigger club then us and he will have a chance on getting champions league football with you rather then the uefa cup which is what we could most hope for!

hey pompey fan here hope im ok to post here!!!

yak is indeed a very lazy player and when he wants to move club he does stop trying and becomes a bit of a burden on the team however when hes switched on he is a quality striker and penaltys well he never misses he will be a great signing for you and will at the very least get 12 premiership goals for you but expect more.

Well when the YAK gets here.....lets hope he doesn't pick up the vibes from half of the

fans!The pessimism around this place at the moment...and the poor sod will wonder

why he ever came to us!

Maybe the idea of pulling on the famous Everton number 9 shirt,a fresh start and 35,000

shouting his name could really switch him on!But to be honest he's coming at a bad time..

.....Yakubu I wish you luck!

Still not sure about Yakubu although it can only help already having Yobo in the team. Maybe he switched off because boro weren't playing good football and well from what ive seen from televised matches they never seem to reach capacity crowds either so was more than likely disillusion their.

Licker is probably right though Eastwood might have been just as good as a goalscorer and went for cheap as well, although whether he could score in the premiership is debatable.

WHATEVER you think about the amount of money Everton are paying for Yakubu, one this is for certain.

You know what you are going to get for it. David Moyes knows he isn’t buying a forward who will run into all four corners of the ground chasing people down.

Believe it or not, I never saw Dixie Dean play but I can’t imagine he was the type of player who did that either.

His team-mates knew where he would be and that was in the area – put it there and he will put it in the net.

With Yakubu it’s a similar thing, you’re buying goals and if his record at Portsmouth and Middlesbrough is anything to go by, you’re buying guaranteed goals.

Leave the running and the stretching of defenders to Andrew Johnson. He has the pace and now it’s up to Yakubu to provide the power.

It seems clear that the Nigerian hasn’t been brought in to provide competition for Johnson – I think it will help him.

would u rather we got Nugent of pompey or Smith than Yakubu because I wouldnt. Yak is a great player but we need service to him.

hehehe...I would rather Nugent here than Yakubu :P

I even had an email conversation with Ian Ross about Nugent, he has not hit the ground running with Pompey but then again, if you wanted to work for one company but didn't get the job so had to go and work for another company would you really be satisified and give your all?

Anyway...Yakubu is lazy from what I have seen but hey he scores goals, something that might rub off on Johnson...