IGNORED

40 Years Ago Today

Zed

Did anyone see that programme last night about the band re-doing beatles songs from Sgt pepper in the abbey road studio with a 4 track recording

I was pretty good, thought the Steriophonics were boss

Any plans to release an album

Blime oriley, 40 years though, and it would still sound fresh today

The bloek out of the Kaiser Chief said it right "Its like having a big brother, after the beatles, everything is like a hand me down"

Watched it and just showing the wife and Josh on interactive....brilliant stuff (Kaiser Chiefs my fave I think...unsure about Magic Numbers :unsure: ). Actually saw the studio reconstructed on the twenty-fifth anniversary at a trade show, it was antique then! Love to get the album (if there is one).

Edited by MikeO

The Beatles really were musical genius's, you changed not only the direction of music, but its style and the way it was recorded.

Sgt Peppers is a fantastic album, but in my humble opinion Abbey Road is better to listen too and has nore musical content.

The only problem with other group reworking their classics is that it is tantamount to Citroen releasing an E-type Jag! It can be good, but its not the original and it never will be better! It is a nice mark of respect though.

:)