IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Think I get 3 months with one book a month. Not sure if it's good value after that - unless there are some worthwhile free classics 

Think every month you get a free credit too so you effectively get 12 books a year to keep.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2024 at 10:17, MikeO said:

I think, as Matt said, 1984 might be a bit much for a ten year old...I'd leave it a couple of years and maybe go for Animal Farm first.

I just signed up for Audible myself, two months free trial, not tried it yet but will certainly be giving it a go.

Animal farm it is.... rather than using a credit - it's on YouTube.  💪

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

1984 the film is on Amazon if you want to check. 

Animal Farm is still quite heavy though. I just hope he doesn't love horses. I'd really start with Discworld.

On 29/07/2024 at 22:50, Hafnia said:

Just remembered a memory from school, one of 2 times I was pulled aside by my teachers to ask if everything was alright. This time it was because we were asked in year 9 to write an alternative ending to Animal Farm and mine involved Boxer breaking free and leading a bloody, graphic revolution and trampling the pigs in detail. The other time was for another ending rewrite for a story I can't remember the name of. I was such a rebel :lol:

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just remembered a memory from school, one of 2 times I was pulled aside by my teachers to ask if everything was alright. This time it was because we were asked in year 9 to write an alternative ending to Animal Farm and mine involved Boxer breaking free and leading a bloody, graphic revolution and trampling the pigs in detail. The other time was for another ending rewrite for a story I can't remember the name of. I was such a rebel :lol:

He's on to hitchhikers guide to the galaxy..... enjoying it from what I can gather.

He absolutely loves Stephen Fry narrated books. 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's on to hitchhikers guide to the galaxy..... enjoying it from what I can gather.

He absolutely loves Stephen Fry narrated books. 

One of my all time favourites. The series does wear on a bit but it's a brilliant read. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

One of my all time favourites. The series does wear on a bit but it's a brilliant read. 

All audiobook. ADHD like his dad - needs something to concentrate on to sleep.  His vocab is superb - I thought you'd need written books but no, really come on very well. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's got the song into the top 10 on Spotify :lol:.

I’m on a long drive home from the south coast with the family (wife’s turn to drive) and we’ve got the soundtrack on. It’s so good. Cheese!!!