IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I've not even seen clips from ASiP, literally nothing. I know there's a lot of seasons and i'm guessing it's something that can be watched on an ADHOC basis? If so, which series am I worth starting from (best ones) as I won't have time to even consider watching it in its entirety.

Like Aaron said, watch from season 1. So funny and only gets better as you go.

And yes, you can watch on an ad-hoc basis. There are only a couple of episodes that are linked.

I watched the whole of series six of Game of Thrones back over the last three days.

When does series seven start :crying:?

Summer time this time round, and its less episodes (but longer in length). then season 8 (the last season) will be even shorter!

My daughter saw it last night and said it's the best thing she's ever seen.

I enjoyed every second of it. This is how all the Wolverine movies should've been made, he's not a PG character. I mean how could he be when his weapons are claws?! It's a shame it's taken until Jackman's last one but better late than never. Probably my favourite comic book movie and the blu-ray is getting pre-ordered.

I'm not a marvel or comic fan, do I have to know all the backstories or have watched all 15 x men movies to understand it?

Not at all. It's a standalone movie really.

Watched moonlight. Was ok. Film was more interesting than enjoyable. Worth a watch I thought.

La La Land? 20 minutes I managed. Pretentious overhyped shite. Apologies to anyone who enjoyed it but to me it seems that it's one of those films that the likes of Jonathan Ross said he really enjoyed just to try and prove he's intelligent.

A great watch is whiplash to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Watched the new episode of Top Gear last night. To give you some background, I went off Top Gear (6/7) YEARS ago, it got stale and samey and the hosts became too far up their own starfishes for me to care.

I tried the new format last year with Chris Evans, it was painful.

This one however, THANK GOD, is actually amusing and watchable. Yes the new lads will take time to build chemistry and improve their delivery of lines but it was SOO much better. I laughed out loud a couple of times, it was great.

High hopes for this season now.

Watched the new episode of Top Gear last night. To give you some background, I went off Top Gear (6/7) YEARS ago, it got stale and samey and the hosts became too far up their own starfishes for me to care.

I tried the new format last year with Chris Evans, it was painful.

This one however, THANK GOD, is actually amusing and watchable. Yes the new lads will take time to build chemistry and improve their delivery of lines but it was SOO much better. I laughed out loud a couple of times, it was great.

High hopes for this season now.

I watched most of it and like you not really a fan of the old one in recent years; I agree it was promising and a lot better than last years effort.

For someone who is a fan of Clarkson, Hammond and May, is it worth watching? I managed 5 minutes of the last season, as soo as Chris Evans was shouting and trying to force laughs I had it turned off.

I think so, be interested in your opinion.

For someone who is a fan of Clarkson, Hammond and May, is it worth watching? I managed 5 minutes of the last season, as soo as Chris Evans was shouting and trying to force laughs I had it turned off.

I couldn't stand Clarkson and co.; they are the reason I haven't watched in years: arrogant and borderline stupid. I'm looking forward to seeing the new presenters.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Just watched Papillon (again), saw it in the cinema when it was first released (I was thirteen, underage because it was then rated AA so you had to be fourteen) and sat through the whole thing twice, you could do it back in those days; buy you ticket and it was yours for the day! Read the book many times also.

Thing that surprises me is that French Guiana is still part of France, bloody big country in South America that is part of the EU and has the € as currency. I know the UK still has "dependent territories" around the world (Falklands/Gibraltar/Virgin/Caymen for example) but I thought the days of full on colonialism were dead. Strange one that.

Just watched Papillon (again), saw it in the cinema when it was first released (I was thirteen, underage because it was then rated AA so you had to be fourteen) and sat through the whole thing twice, you could do it back in those days; buy you ticket and it was yours for the day! Read the book many times also.

Thing that surprises me is that French Guiana is still part of France, bloody big country in South America that is part of the EU and has the € as currency. I know the UK still has "dependent territories" around the world (Falklands/Gibraltar/Virgin/Caymen for example) but I thought the days of full on colonialism were dead. Strange one that.

Strange to us but they are French, so have certain differences. Vive la difference as they say.

The new presenters (IMO) are more genuine and likable. They remind me of actual mates, taking the piss and having a good crack. They're still a bit 'wooden' but they'll loosen up for sure. Think it was just nerves.

Second one was an improvement imo, I'll be watching the third next week despite not being a fan of the recent stuff and giving The Grand Tour a swerve after after a very average first attempt.

Was watching earlier when my wife (who is a Clarkson loyalist) said they were just ripping off the format. I just said that Blue Peter has had countless presenters over the years with the same format, no need to change it. Although they have in subtle ways.

Ultimately, if I had a choice between a new episode of TG or TGT I'd watch Top Gear.