IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "The Bucket List" yesterday. Entertaining rubbish (though I kind of expect more from Freeman and Nicholson).

Thought about making my own list and including, "Watch Everton win the League Cup" but decided I won't live that long :( .

I don't think the point of a Bucket List is to watch -other- people accomplish something :D.

I don't think the point of a Bucket List is to watch -other- people accomplish something :D.

Ah but if you're there you're contributing aren't you, so therefore a small part of the accomplishment.

Matches are often won when players are inspired by the crowd; it's much easier to run the London marathon than 26.2 miles on your own because the crowd "carries you."

At the relatively low level that I participated in sport I always performed better when a few (sometimes more than a few B) ) people were watching.

I take your point but I just played my "get out of jail free" card :P .

PS Anyone seen the Ridley Scott Robin Hood? Is it worth a watch?

Ah but if you're there you're contributing aren't you, so therefore a small part of the accomplishment.

Matches are often won when players are inspired by the crowd; it's much easier to run the London marathon than 26.2 miles on your own because the crowd "carries you."

At the relatively low level that I participated in sport I always performed better when a few (sometimes more than a few B) ) people were watching.

I take your point but I just played my "get out of jail free" card :P .

PS Anyone seen the Ridley Scott Robin Hood? Is it worth a watch?

I was really disapointing with it. I don't think they knew exactly what to do with it, in parts they seem to want to look at the political side of things, but only in a half hearted way, but these sections still take up so much of the film that any action, similar to other Ridley Scott films, is sparce. Don't listen to any comparisons with Gladiator as the films are almost polar opposites in quality.

I was really disapointing with it. I don't think they knew exactly what to do with it, in parts they seem to want to look at the political side of things, but only in a half hearted way, but these sections still take up so much of the film that any action, similar to other Ridley Scott films, is sparce. Don't listen to any comparisons with Gladiator as the films are almost polar opposites in quality.

Watched it tonight....very disappointing.

Ridiculous "Saving Private Ryan" moments in the climax. Absurd.

Watched it tonight....very disappointing.

Ridiculous "Saving Private Ryan" moments in the climax. Absurd.

The whole film was a mess really.

I've just finished watching the end of Season Two of Breaking Bad. It was fantastic. I highly recommend this show to anyone. It's a drama about a high school chemistry teacher (Played by Bryan Cranston, who was the dad from Malcom in The Middle) who learns that he's got inoperable lung cancer. He wants to leave his family enough money for after he dies, so he starts making and selling crystal meth. It sounds random but really is a fantastic show.

Climbing documentary, The Asgard Project.

Sat in a "tent" hanging from half way up a 6,500 ft sheer wall in Baffin Island they get a message from the dude at base camp passing on the fact that Everton have lost 1-0 to Burnley :unsure: .

I'm surprised they didn't decide to jump off the cliff after hearing that news! :P

I'm surprised they didn't decide to jump off the cliff after hearing that news! :P

Funny enough they did :lol: .

Well, two of them anyway, when they got to the top they base-jumped back off it.

But here's a thing, the lead climber (one of the two that jumped) was a guy called Leo Houlding (v famous mountaineer).

I don't know that he's the Evertonian that base-camp were winding up but he may well be because he was the only Brit among the climbers (could conceivably have been a crew member).

And (if you know your history) Houlding is a pretty significant name for the Blues :) . Wonder if there's a connection.

also anyone a fan of lost here? ive downloaded the first 5 series' to see what they're like..if they're any good i'll buy um but just wondered what others thought of it? i seem to remember it bein mentioned but too lazy to trawl through :lol:

I enjoyed Lost, worth a look I think (but I wouldn't go so far as to buy it).

Don't watch House.....Hugh Laurie's accent annoys me, as do most hospital dramas.

Saw the first episode of the second series of Stargate Universe last night which I like.....apart from their insistance on keeping it so dark all the time. We get the picture, it's not a Star Trek shiny spaceship, point taken; now can we actually see what's happening please?

catching up on house..anyone a fan??

also anyone a fan of lost here? ive downloaded the first 5 series' to see what they're like..if they're any good i'll buy um but just wondered what others thought of it? i seem to remember it bein mentioned but too lazy to trawl through :lol:

I love House although I wasnt a fan of the 1st episode of the new series the other day. I could literally watch it all day even though you can pretty much predict how its going to end!

I was half and half with Lost. I watched every episode but I cant say I was overly impressed, especially as the series went on as it just gets stupider and stranger. Its worth a watch if youve got nothing else to do but you will be like 'WTF?!' quite often!

the wife and I started a season 6 marathon and got to the last disk before we ran out of time. Shes gone for 4 weeks and told im not allowed to watch the rest without her. Serious contender to rival 24 for greatest show ever, if not most addictive!

Mike - his accent is a little irritating but the writing completely makes up for it. Many of the americans i know thought he was american you know!