IGNORED

F1 Chat

7 hours ago, Btay said:

What a great drive that from Lando. McLaren look dominant right now.

Wonderful to see, been waiting a long time for McLaren to get back where they belong....the fact that they have two very likable drivers is a bonus.

Just now, MikeO said:

Wonderful to see, been waiting a long time for McLaren to get back where they belong....the fact that they have two very likable drivers is a bonus.

Not to mention Max suffering behind now is thoroughly enjoyable. It’s really great to see & I hope they can muster a strong challenge for the constructors!

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I struggle with Lando at times. The majority of the time he's great but every now and then you can tell he's mates with the man child and he's a dick.

Great drive from him yesterday though. After a poor start to then win the race so comfortably, it takes some doing.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Newey to Aston, the open secret confirmed. Poor soul has Stroll, turd polishing, Adrian?

It's fucking painful watching Lance Stroll, absolutely fucking painful. Newey will be explaining the new car to him with a pack of crayons.

Gutted too as I'd absolutely love to follow Aston Martin as "my" F1 team but I just can't while that bellend is behind the wheel and his Daddy is in charge.

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Piastri is very impressive. He stays so cool no mater what.

While Lando is just that bit quicker, give him Piastri's temperament and you have quite a driver!

Both still only kids though, so can work on their weaker areas...two future World Champs I think, though one of them (probably Piastri) will likely have to leave McLaren to do it.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

While Lando is just that bit quicker, give him Piastri's temperament and you have quite a driver!

Both still only kids though, so can work on their weaker areas...two future World Champs I think, though one of them (probably Piastri) will likely have to leave McLaren to do it.

I think that is what makes this McLaren revival all the more exciting. It's not as though they've gone out and spent a fortune on an "established" driver like a Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso etc. They're doing it with two drivers that are yet to hit their prime, especially in Piastri's case. 

Agreed that it's likely Oscar will probably need to depart McLaren to fulfill his potential, though with the start he's made to F1 he'll have plenty of options.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Personally I'd love Lando and Verstappen to end up at the same team. I think it would make for great entertainment for fans, but probably not for the two of them.

It'd be Rosberg/Hamilton on steroids I reckon.