IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) 5th Oct 2024

Btay

Chance to build some momentum with another home game here.

I didn’t think Newcastle were great this morning (Aus time) against Wimbledon however they rotated a few players. Isaak hopefully injured still. If Gordon plays on Young it could be a mismatch.

As for us, I think it will be the same line up as palace with Harrison in for Lindstøm. I’ll understand the decision if that’s the case however I wouldn’t be upset to see Lindstrøm start & hopefully have a better game. Sadly Doucs will start & most likely chase the shadows of Tonali / Bruno G.

Pickford

Young          Tarks            JB            Myko

Mangala               Doucs**
Harrison               McNeil               Ndiaye 

DCL

** Anyone else preferred - Tim, Gana or garner.

I think we will see Gana in for Doucs in this one. 

I agree, Harrison second half display over Lindstoms first half means that change is warrented. In marginal picks like this - then good displays should be rewarded. Being a strong influence for a second half turn around from a goal down to being a goal up is notible. Win the shirt, and then perform to a level to ensure you keep it.

27 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Isak and Wilson out so Gordon continues as CF...could do with brnathwaite to keep him quiet. Can't do with him scoring at goodison . 

If Dyche wants to win people over, he'll have someone go in hard early on. I don't mean nasty, but I can see Tarkowski getting in trouble early on.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've been wanting someone to clean him out since he left and I'm still waiting.

I'd love it..... maybe he will tell Gary Neville about it when he talks about his love for psychology books and Japanese food - cos he's not your typical scouser.  

Todays starting XI

Pickford

Keane, Tarks, Young, Garner

Doucs, Mangala, McNeil, Ndiaya, Harrison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Virginia, Beto, Begovic, O'Brien, Gana, Lindstrøm, Tim, Armstrong, Dixon

So, once again Dyche choose Keane over O'Brien. And no Tim from start. And I think Young will be shit in this. Good choice, Dyche. Keep it up ...

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I wasn't able to watch last weekend, but wasn't that the same two man midfield as today?

Yep - and we were absolutely passed off the park in the first 45 and for large parts of second half. Doucoure literally passed the ball to palace all game 

Said at the time that the win against Palace didn't change my opinion on Dyche and whether he should still be in charge (plot twist - he shouldn't). The fact that you've got O'Brian sitting there to basically do the same job as the ballboys whilst the likes of Keane and Young get golden tickets to start whenever possible is infuriating. I don't think we'll get absolutely spanked, but I'll be stunned if we get anything from this game.

Captained Claire Balding in the Fantasy Football too, just know he'll have a blinder considering it's at Goodison. Would love nothing more than for him to stand on a piece of Lego in the changing rooms - the little bell.