IGNORED

Vs Palace (home) 28th Sept

Matt

Great start of the second half. Luckily we were up against a not-all-that-great team. Subs we're definitely better from the sideline than we've seen earlier ... was also much needed.

Much needed league win and much needed three points. But there will be issues when we meet better teams and Dyche has got to realize that.

Only got the chance to see the first half - Palace looked the most dangerous from what I could tell. When I got back and saw we'd gone on to win, I thought someone had slipped something in my herbal tea 🤣

TBH - wasn't expecting that from what I'd seen first half. 

OK, first win, coming back from behind - great! I'll take it. Now keep it up.

Not the best performance by any means, particularly in the first half, but we showed fight to come from behind to win and a win is exactly what we needed to do today. No matter how we got it done.

Hopefully that will relieve some of the pressure now because we know they can play some very good football.

We weren't great in the first half but looked a different team in the second. Ndiaye is just pure class. Disappointed in Lindstøm today, after the Leicester game I thought himself and Ndiaye were striking up a good partnership and just needed a goal to settle,  but today he was awful. I thought Young had a decent game. Took Branthwaite a bit to get into the game but in the second half he seemed to be back to his reliable best. McNeils first goal was a cracker. Had a great view and was going in the second it left his foot. Never really felt nervous about conceding in the second half which is a first this season. Pickford played a lot of long balls, but I suppose if the ball's in their half they're not going to score. Delighted and great to see Goodison rocking at the end.

this game will be a massive boost to confidence. First time the team have come back from a goal down at Goodison it a long long time.

Thiis week it's us coming back from being down. 

Hopefully we can build a bit of a run of results now.

Despite all the negativity about McNeil being a one-footed player, that one foot has contributed a lot already this season. Then there's Young, who's been picked on by fans all season. That's two games in a row where he's assisted a goal. Indeed, his interception led to McNeil's cracker of a goal. If we pick on players when they perform poorly, let's be fair and praise them when they do well.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Despite all the negativity about McNeil being a one-footed player, that one foot has contributed a lot already this season. Then there's Young, who's been picked on by fans all season. That's two games in a row where he's assisted a goal. Indeed, his interception led to McNeil's cracker of a goal. If we pick on players when they perform poorly, let's be fair and praise them when they do well.

I've never had an issue with McNeil - tries his best all the time and his goals have saved dyche basically.

lets not get carried away with young - he's not picked on, he has cost us so many times with rash behaviour.  Yeah he's had a couple of good games but seriously - he's been very poor on the whole. 

Great to get a win on the board...don't care the manner in which it happens....needed to get a win...and we did.

We've still a long way to go and hopefully better times ahead when the ownership situation is resolved.

I can't believe some not giving Dyche credit. When he fucks up (which he has done a lot this season) it is his fault...when we do something right...it is inspite of him.

I don't like the man one bit...I've taken the piss about his interview style (resembling a politician) and his limited vocabulary (he uses "on the grass" way too often), but at least let's give him credit for something here. He is usually shite with subs - this time, he made them earlier and didn't take off attackers for defenders when we were leading, and the team kept going until the end. 

We've got a decent run of fixtures coming up, and the squad looked much better today - the bench had some options on it, and we still have a handful of players to return (Patterson, coleman, chermiti, broja)

1 minute ago, Goodison Glory said:

Great to get a win on the board...don't care the manner in which it happens....needed to get a win...and we did.

We've still a long way to go and hopefully better times ahead when the ownership situation is resolved.

I can't believe some not giving Dyche credit. When he fucks up (which he has done a lot this season) it is his fault...when we do something right...it is inspite of him.

I don't like the man one bit...I've taken the piss about his interview style (resembling a politician) and his limited vocabulary (he uses "on the grass" way too often), but at least let's give him credit for something here. He is usually shite with subs - this time, he made them earlier and didn't take off attackers for defenders when we were leading, and the team kept going until the end. 

We've got a decent run of fixtures coming up, and the squad looked much better today - the bench had some options on it, and we still have a handful of players to return (Patterson, coleman, chermiti, broja)

I'm struggling to find a way to give Dyche credit.  McNeil scored a 25 yarder and another pearler but aside a 15 minute rally palace were the better side. 

unfit and uncoached. Against a half decent side we would have been hammered yesterday - palace like Leicester last week are poor. 

The BBC have given us a good one today.

Everton have lost just one of their last 20 Premier League matches against Crystal Palace (W10 D9), a 3-1 loss at Selhurst Park in December 2021. It is the first time that the Toffees have won a match after conceding the opening goal for the first time since October 2022, ending a 35-match streak in the process.

48 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I had this conversation with someone after the game yesterday in the pub. They blamed Dyche for the first half, quite rightly, so I asked if he was also responsible for us playing better in the second half and they weren't having it :lol:.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Unfortunately I can believe it. 

The second half was a huge change for us, obviously the goals made a big difference. But we did look like scoring again. Substitutions were correct. 
What did make me happy was that the players looked like they could carry on for another ten minutes after the match, dispelling the unfit calls .Players aren’t unfit one week and fit the next. 

What it doesn’t show is the massive difference confidence makes. I’ve said it for weeks, players look dejected and lacking confidence. A few goals go in and we suddenly manage to start making passes, taking a touch, having shots, making those blocks and tackles. They are human and suffer from exactly the same emotional trauma that we do. In fact, their careers rely on it.