IGNORED

Discord

All through my life I’ve advocated why fix something if it isn’t broken, whether that be at home or work, that’s not to say I debunk new ideas if they fix a problem or improve the experience and quality of life. 
I don’t really know much about Discord so it may be a very good place for a community, but selfishly possibly I’m very happy with the community we have on TT, small is beautiful in my opinion, and we all get a better chance of getting noticed and an appreciation of who we are debating with and understanding them better as we hope they understand us. 
Yes of course we have falling out's but they are usually forgotten and we move on without holding grudges.

If the powers to be think a change of that magnitude would be better for the progression of TT then I may not like but would have to except it, but personally I’m more than happy with the format as it is. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

All through my life I’ve advocated why fix something if it isn’t broken, whether that be at home or work, that’s not to say I debunk new ideas if they fix a problem or improve the experience and quality of life. 
I don’t really know much about Discord so it may be a very good place for a community, but selfishly possibly I’m very happy with the community we have on TT, small is beautiful in my opinion, and we all get a better chance of getting noticed and an appreciation of who we are debating with and understanding them better as we hope they understand us. 
Yes of course we have falling out's but they are usually forgotten and we move on without holding grudges.

If the powers to be think a change of that magnitude would be better for the progression of TT then I may not like but would have to except it, but personally I’m more than happy with the format as it is. 

Discord is a great tool for realtime interaction but a nightmare if you want to keep up with things unless you're online 24/7 like me. Part of what I love about TT is that I can take my time (or, at least, the opportunity is there).

I'm a clan lead for an online game and keeping up with the latest news etc on Discord is so much more time consuming. Whereas here you can, in theory, sit back and go at your own pace. It's also put older users off who can't type as quickly so they get lost in the conversation and stop engaging. 

I don't see it happening personally.