IGNORED

Doncaster (Home - EFL Cup) 27/8/2024

Btay

Real banana skin this one. Will be a crushing blow to the already suspect morale if we lose this at home. They have had a decent start to their season, 6th in league 2.

I hope this is where we start the likes of O’Brien, Ndiaye & Lindstrøm. I hope even more than it’s a win & good performance which acts as the catalyst for them to start.

I feel like Tarks has a niggle, wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested with Keane & O’Brien starting at the back.

Dixon to continue at RB & maybe some a start for young Harrison Armstrong due to Gana being 70.

I can’t believe the difficulty between selecting Harrison, McNeil or Doucoure. Not in a good way either, I’m not even sure Harrison is the least shit option either. 

Virginia

Dixon       Keane           O’Brien        Myko

Tim I                    Armstrong

Lindstrøm         Harrison                Ndiaye 

Beto

I feel like we've played Doncaster about 472,000 times recently, I'm sure I'd be right in thinking that Beto managed to get his first goal against these last season and we managed to scrape past them while Ancelotti was at the helm. It'll be a difficult game, as no game is easy in football we are shit, but fingers crossed whoever steps onto that field in blue can give a good account of themselves. 

We shouldn't need to rotate as Dyche made the lads do thirteen Gaffer Days which seems to have won the hearts and minds of some supporters, perhaps we'll take them into extra time just for a laugh to show how fit we are. Dixon keeping his place would be nice, as his name doesn't start with ''Y'' and end in ''oung''.

I'm going 0-1 Everton, exciting fucking times - onto the next round.

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bloody hope not, that would suggest we're playing away and I spent eight fucking hours on the motorway today driving to the wrong city:mad:

Hope your grandson sees a great win. How old is he? Mine is 8 and a soccer nut, such fun discussions.

11 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Hope your grandson sees a great win. How old is he? Mine is 8 and a soccer nut, such fun discussions.

He's ten, loving it so far, and that was really just a loop of Goodison in the car...all set for a walk around it (then BMD), once his bloody uncle Josh emerges from his pit:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's ten, loving it so far, and that was really just a loop of Goodison in the car...all set for a walk around it (then BMD), once his bloody uncle Josh emerges from his pit:rolleyes:

He and E should get on well when we catch up later :)

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

He and E should get on well when we catch up later :)

Told us on the way up  that he's had sixty girlfriends so tell her to watch out😂

He also told us that, "What happens in Liverpool stays in Liverpool":D...but that was more to do with not telling his mum what Youtube videos he was watching.

20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I feel like we've played Doncaster about 472,000 times recently, I'm sure I'd be right in thinking that Beto managed to get his first goal against these last season and we managed to scrape past them while Ancelotti was at the helm. It'll be a difficult game, as no game is easy in football we are shit, but fingers crossed whoever steps onto that field in blue can give a good account of themselves. 

Prior to last season we last placed them in 1985!

That match last season was terrible, I'm not confident we'll be much better this time to be honest.

Would go similar to that team Btay has said.  

Is Garner "back on the grass" yet?

I fancy one of Lindstrøm or Ndiaye will score.  Hopefully stake a good claim to start at the weekend.

55 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

☹️ It’s only the second home game of the season and I’m already feeling extremely lethargic about going tonight

I'm looking out of the window and almost willing my blood sugars to crash into a hypo. That's how much I'm looking forward to this :lol:

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I don't think we look good at all 

Gone off the boil a bit. Some of the passing earlier was good though. It’s the final ball still.

Looks like Dixon is coming on.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Gone off the boil a bit. Some of the passing earlier was good though. It’s the final ball still.

Looks like Dixon is coming on.

Trying to look like a possession team. - McNeil is all over the place. What position is he tonight?

Just now, Hafnia said:

Trying to look like a possession team. - McNeil is all over the place. What position is he tonight?

Meant to be wide left but he is wandering a fair bit.

False alarm that on Dixon