IGNORED

Brighton 17th August

memmaclub2

12 minutes ago, patto said:

I said this earlier we have bought squad players I said from day 1 a striker was priority we will struggle again this season. 

I didn’t see that, but going on squad players then. 
CB- O’Brien- squad player that has come in but behind Holgate/ Keane in the pecking order. Both mentioned were a liability last season, being from down south my mate ( saints fan) text me “ who is this cunt you palmed off on us”. Holgate I replied with a smug face. So a player not good enough for championship is still at our club.

The comments on here regarding Keane last season when he was in starting team! I was one of them. Again, O’Brien still not good enough to start in front of him. 

If 3 from our 4 signings aren’t good enough to start before the current crop of shite currently  playing, we are in some trouble. 

Even though we went in at half time 1 down I thought we'd played really well and I wasn't concerned. We played some decent stuff going forward and created openings but, as has been our issue in recent years, didn't manage to put anything in the back of the net.

Second we come out and think we've won a penalty, there's a delay to the game while VAR takes a look and it's overturned, then they pretty much made it 2-0 straight after play resumed and that was the end of us completely. It was a complete capitulation from the players and management.

I can't say much of the performance was even a surprise if I'm honest though because we knew exactly what we'd get from that team as it's the same players apart from Iroegbunam.

We still had two wingers that are absolutely shite at being wingers. Neither one can beat a man and neither one can fucking cross. McNeil was a non-entity as usual and Harrison gets the ball in good positions but then loses the ball constantly. Too slow. No skill. Too weak. I was sick to fucking death with that long ball out to him on the right. Most times the ball did get to him but he's fucking useless so nothing ever came from it. We still had the liability that is Ashley fucking Young playing. We still had Doucoure playing a role that he really does not have the skillset to play. He gives his all, no question about it, but we need a technical player to play there. We still had no pace to speak of. And our CF was isolated for the most part. I thought Dom did what he could mostly but there's fuck all going on around him and even if Doucoure did get around him he's absolutely no help.

Every goal we conceded was our own fucking fault. The first one came about because Harrison gave the ball away too easily, then Myko was absolutely destroyed, and then Ashley fucking Young was daydreaming about how he could get an early bath later on and let Mitoma get himself free. The second one was fucking diabolical from Gueye - a player of his experience should not give the ball away like that. It's like he didn't even see the Brighton player in front of him. Then the defence just backed off and let the shot happen. The third one Tarkowski thought it was really fucking clever to go to the half way line to win a ball he was never winning, and then Brighton had a free run at goal. Again.

I'm sure Keane will be taking the brunt of the criticism today but he was not the worst of our CB's today. That honour goes to Tarkowski. I don't know where his head was at today but he was fucking awful.

Dyche deserves a hell of a lot of criticism too. I hated that Moyes was always cautious about starting new signings and Dyche is exactly the same, and I hate it from him as well. He compounded it with his substitutions after that as well. NDiaye should have been on at half time but failing that when he did bring him on he should have had Lindstrom on at the time for McNeil. Where's the sense of being cautious when we're fucking losing 2-0? Then bringing Beto on for DCL was utterly pointless because it wasn't changing anything. Nothing at all!

1 hour ago, milesey05 said:

I didn’t see that, but going on squad players then. 
CB- O’Brien- squad player that has come in but behind Holgate/ Keane in the pecking order. Both mentioned were a liability last season, being from down south my mate ( saints fan) text me “ who is this cunt you palmed off on us”. Holgate I replied with a smug face. So a player not good enough for championship is still at our club.

The comments on here regarding Keane last season when he was in starting team! I was one of them. Again, O’Brien still not good enough to start in front of him. 

If 3 from our 4 signings aren’t good enough to start before the current crop of shite currently  playing, we are in some trouble. 

Isn’t that what I said the players we brought in can’t be much better than we have or he would play them. 
I look at Lindstrom and Iliman and think they don’t look strong enough I haven’t seen Lindstrom play but I’m glad he’s only on loan. 

One match doesn’t mean that signings are squad players… that’s just soft talk guys. Come on.

It’s a matter of matches before Ndiaye is starting, maybe next match.

Lindstrøm needs a few weeks to get up to the speed of the league, then he will be replacing an ineffective Harrison or McNeil.

O’Brien is rightly behind our starting two. But he isn’t behind Keane and Holgate at all. 

The manager was just showing a little faith in the players that finished the season strongly that’s all.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You’re glad he is only on loan, but you haven’t seen him play yet. 
err ok.

Yeah from what I have seen so far Tim is our best signing and that was sheer luck he and dobbin was a swop to cook the books nobody realised Tim would do what he has on the other side Dobbs has already been sent on loan  

Wasn’t hard to call this at the start of the game. All the optimism of a new season undone an hour before kick off when the team sheet is published. Yes we have a couple of injuries but whenever you have Keane and Young in defence and the ineffective front line we have we all should k ow what would unfold. Guess what? It played out exactly as expected. It’s so depressing. We’ve regressed so much after last 5-6 years that a 39 year old having his contract being extended is seen as a good move.

Oh and our best player today Tim wouldn’t have played had Garner been fit. 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

Wasn’t hard to call this at the start of the game. All the optimism of a new season undone an hour before kick off when the team sheet is published. Yes we have a couple of injuries but whenever you have Keane and Young in defence and the ineffective front line we have we all should k ow what would unfold. Guess what? It played out exactly as expected. It’s so depressing. We’ve regressed so much after last 5-6 years that a 39 year old having his contract being extended is seen as a good move.

Oh and our best player today Tim wouldn’t have played had Garner been fit. 

I think he would but Garner would be right back….without a striker we will struggle all season as we have done for the past 3 seasons. 

30 minutes ago, patto said:

I think he would but Garner would be right back….without a striker we will struggle all season as we have done for the past 3 seasons. 

It’s all guess work but I’d put money on him still having Young at RB and Garner in the middle if he were fit today. 

We’ll struggle as the players in that starting lineup aren’t clinical in front of goal and create very little. With those we’ll get what we have for the last two seasons. Compare that to Brighton today who took their chances well and didn’t look for one min that they would capitalise on Ganas error. 

6 hours ago, patto said:

Yeah from what I have seen so far Tim is our best signing and that was sheer luck he and dobbin was a swop to cook the books nobody realised Tim would do what he has on the other side Dobbs has already been sent on loan  

Tim being a good signing isn’t a reason to sign ant to get rid of Lindsteom for me, or Ndiaye.

Both of them WILL be given game time and could end up being great signings. 
Today should be screaming at you to give them time.

We had a forward playing against three defenders with absolutely no back up. We need players on the pitch who can add something up front.

Funnily enough the best cross of the game came from DCL. 

I do think Ndiaye will become our new No10 and take Doucs place. Everything just fizzled out when it got to Douc or Harrison. Once we got to 0-2 we all have up as we knew we couldn’t create enough chances to score one let alone 2.

Apparently, after one of our numerous offsides Pickford turned to the Street End and pretended to blow his brains out :lol:.

I didn't see it though because I was too busy wanting to blow my own brain out. My money would be on when DCL was quite clearly offside and should have left the ball for Doucoure to go for because I could see he was miles offside from where I was in the Street End and was screaming for him to leave it.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently, after one of our numerous offsides Pickford turned to the Street End and pretended to blow his brains out :lol:.

I didn't see it though because I was too busy wanting to blow my own brain out. My money would be on when DCL was quite clearly offside and should have left the ball for Doucoure to go for because I could see he was miles offside from where I was in the Street End and was screaming for him to leave it.

Was that the one right at the start (like 8th minute) when Doucoure was miles offside & squared it to McNeil who hit the post? McNeil could have run on to it easily & been onside, no doubt he would have fucked it up still.

9 hours ago, Shukes said:

Tim being a good signing isn’t a reason to sign ant to get rid of Lindsteom for me, or Ndiaye.

Both of them WILL be given game time and could end up being great signings. 
Today should be screaming at you to give them time.

We had a forward playing against three defenders with absolutely no back up. We need players on the pitch who can add something up front.

Funnily enough the best cross of the game came from DCL. 

I do think Ndiaye will become our new No10 and take Doucs place. Everything just fizzled out when it got to Douc or Harrison. Once we got to 0-2 we all have up as we knew we couldn’t create enough chances to score one let alone 2.

I haven’t said get rid of anyone I hope they work out I just have my doubts both are very lightweight. 
what worries me both players done absolutely nothing last season that is a big red flag for me. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Was that the one right at the start (like 8th minute) when Doucoure was miles offside & squared it to McNeil who hit the post? McNeil could have run on to it easily & been onside, no doubt he would have fucked it up still.

If you read my post I mention DCL so I'm not sure how you then mention an occasion that doesn't even DCL :lol:.

I don't know when it was in the first half but the ball was played over the top and Doucs was onside and goes to go towards the ball and the clearly offside DCL should just leave it but then decides he'll go after the ball himself.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you read my post I mention DCL so I'm not sure how you then mention an occasion that doesn't even DCL :lol:.

I don't know when it was in the first half but the ball was played over the top and Doucs was onside and goes to go towards the ball and the clearly offside DCL should just leave it but then decides he'll go after the ball himself.

I read your post mate I just remember that moment as a stand out - I need to watch the game back as it was midnight here so I drifted in & out a bit.

1 hour ago, patto said:

I haven’t said get rid of anyone I hope they work out I just have my doubts both are very lightweight. 
what worries me both players done absolutely nothing last season that is a big red flag for me. 

Sorry misunderstood. Thought you wanted him gone.

I see what you mean, but I think it’s way too early to make a judgement on them. They need a little time, but I’m sure they will be first team players.

But I do see your worries and they are valid. They do seem a bit lightweight.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Sorry misunderstood. Thought you wanted him gone.

I see what you mean, but I think it’s way too early to make a judgement on them. They need a little time, but I’m sure they will be first team players.

But I do see your worries and they are valid. They do seem a bit lightweight.

Fingers crossed 👍

Slept on the humiliation then went out this afternoon with friends on their boat on the river - relaxing. We have lightweights who shouldn't be seen as taking us forward. Keane,Doucs, Holgate, McNeil, Young - squad players at best. Think back about the interiews with our new signings who couldn't wait to get out at Goodison. Siren. Z Cars, Spirit of the Blues, if that isn't going to motivate them, what is? And B&H started new signings Minteh and Wieffe. Just get the new boys in, you can sub later in the game.

I was away for this one and will be away for the Spurs game, but I’ll be honest I wasn’t shocked at the result when I saw the line up. 
For me the team reflected the man who picked it bewildering! 
Your at home first game of the season with an opportunity to set your stall out and be progressive in your approach, and you play Keane who is a liability in front of O’Brien who stood out in pre-season. 
And Ndiaye can’t believe he never started him over McNeil, if he isn’t a better player than McNeil then we shouldn’t have bought him but if he is fucking play him. 
I know people are going to be thinking Palfy is off again on his favourite subject bashing Dyche which is fair enough we are all entitled to our own opinions, but in my defence Dyche is constantly supplying me with the ammunition to throw at him with his poor and uninspired approach. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

I was away for this one and will be away for the Spurs game, but I’ll be honest I wasn’t shocked at the result when I saw the line up. 
Your at home first game of the season with an opportunity to set your stall out and be progressive in your approach, and you play Keane who is a liability in front of O’Brien who stood out in pre-season. 
And Ndiaye can’t believe he never started him over McNeil, if he isn’t a better player than McNeil then we shouldn’t have bought him but if he is fucking play him. 
I know people are going to be thinking Palfy is off again on his favourite subject bashing Dyche which is fair enough we are all entitled to our own opinions, but in my defence Dyche is constantly supplying me with the ammunition to throw at him with his poor and uninspired approach. 

Keane did a decent job overall, he's continuing to prove to be solid cover that can step up short term to fill a gap. Ndaiye didn't touch the ball more than twice I don't think?

So don't really get your point. You'd rather Dyche throw a kid into the CB position with no experience against a technical team and a winger who is going to annoy the hell out of people much more than he will excite to replace a winger who already annoys the hell out of people because he rarely turns up. 

Fucked if he does, fucked if he doesn't :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I am not a Dyche basher, but I do agree that Saturday's team selection and the following result does supply yourself and others with ammunition for calling Dyche out. 

He had the chance to do something a bit different, with new players on the opening day of the season but causiousely choose otherwise, so when the result is as bad as 0-3 to middle of the table of the table Brighton - he has to take that one firmly on the chin.

I do beleive you need at least 10 games or so at the beginning of the season to get a proper gauge,but he has chalked up both bad decisions and very bad result against himself in game 1. So not a great start and already gives fans the oppertinity to sharpen knifes. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Keane did a decent job overall, he's continuing to prove to be solid cover that can step up short term to fill a gap. Ndaiye didn't touch the ball more than twice I don't think?

So don't really get your point. You'd rather Dyche throw a kid into the CB position with no experience against a technical team and a winger who is going to annoy the hell out of people much more than he will excite to replace a winger who already annoys the hell out of people because he rarely turns up. 

Why did he not even bring O'Brien on when young got walked and go to a back 3?  Absolutely crazy.  Ndiaye came on after doucs had a stinker for far too long and at 10 men what good is that? 

many fans think Dyche is making a point to thelwell.... I don't. He's just being typical dyche 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Who’s a kid?

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Why did he not even bring O'Brien on when young got walked and go to a back 3?  Absolutely crazy.  Ndiaye came on after doucs had a stinker for far too long and at 10 men what good is that? 

many fans think Dyche is making a point to thelwell.... I don't. He's just being typical dyche 

Like I've said elsewhere, he fucked this one right up. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Who’s a kid?

JOB is a "kid" coming from the French league. He's gonna be a beast but I assume the hesitation was his inexperience in this league.