IGNORED

Brighton 17th August

memmaclub2

I have seen signings, reasonably happy, but not seen friendlies. My main questions are what the main system we see SD playing this season? And who is the first team for that formation. 

if we stick with the normal formation 451 then starting on Saturday I assume it’s 

Pickford 

coleman tarks O’Brien myko

gana Tim (from AV)

Jack Doucs Dwight 

DCL

baring in mind Jesper and Ndiaye pedigree are they going on the wing or challenging Doucs for ACM

16 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I have seen signings, reasonably happy, but not seen friendlies. My main questions are what the main system we see SD playing this season? And who is the first team for that formation. 

if we stick with the normal formation 451 then starting on Saturday I assume it’s 

Pickford 

gana Tim (from AV)

Jack Doucs Dwight 

DCL

baring in mind Jesper and Ndiaye pedigree are they going on the wing or challenging Doucs for ACM

Coleman came off injured early on against Roma so expect Young there. I also expect (hope) to see Ndiaye playing instead of Harrison at some point although Jack's work rate to start with will definitely help against Brighton.

Can't wait to go :)

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Tim (from AV)

Great way to get round the spelling challenge...might well stick😂

Took a year out last season, barely saw a kick, but will be back to torture myself again this time around👍

Membership packs arriving tomorrow, hopefully will get to several games...bringing grandson at least once so he can see Goodison before it goes.

Bring it on.

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

I am surprised we haven’t got in a RB as priority 4 wingers is lovely but feels other positions need more maintenance. Going to be nervous if we don’t get in decent Onana replacement 

Timi has looked like an upgrade on Onana in preseason, he's gonna be a beast. Full backs do worry me though.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Took a year out last season, barely saw a kick, but will be back to torture myself again this time around👍

Membership packs arriving tomorrow, hopefully will get to several games...bringing grandson at least once so he can see Goodison before it goes.

Bring it on.

I was wondering if there was another Tim

13 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Pickford 

gana Tim (from AV)

Jack Doucs Dwight 

DCL

I would prefer N’Daiye over Doucs, even if it means Harrison playing that #10 role.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Bring it on.

Will you reinstate MOM rankings? Please!!

given Brighton have a brand new young manager. Dyche is going to have nothing to go on setting up to 'counter' the way the opposition  play. So a game to really focus on how Everton are going to set up and play to try and win the game by imposing our game on to them. 

we have got to be reasonably positive and give them things to worry about.  I think a more tricky Ndaiye starting would be a good shout, because let's be honest we don't really know what to expect, so a new Brighton team finding their feet might find him difficult to deal with.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seeing as we know Dyche doesn't really seem to like putting new signings straight in (reminds me of Moyes in that regard) I'm only expecting to see O'Brien start on Saturday, and that's out of necessity.

Possibly we see Iroegbunam too.

Think it took about 6 months for him to stop playing centre halves at left back and put Baines in there.... in fairness Lescott did the role well but the point stands 

If I had to guess, it'll be 

Pick

Young    Tarks    Keane    Myko

Gana    Doucoure

Harrison    Ndiaye     Dwight

DCL

I'd prefer to see O'Brien, but I think Dyche will prefer a known quantity who's more familiar with the system and Tarks for the first few matches. I would be fairly surprised if Tim gets the nod over Doucs. He looks much further along than we expected but is still raw and we know Dyche takes his time getting new arrivals into the side. And I think if Doucs sits deeper next to Gana then Ndiaye will be the 10. 

16 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

If I had to guess, it'll be 

Pick

Young    Tarks    Keane    Myko

Gana    Doucoure

Harrison    Ndiaye     Dwight

DCL

I'd prefer to see O'Brien, but I think Dyche will prefer a known quantity who's more familiar with the system and Tarks for the first few matches. I would be fairly surprised if Tim gets the nod over Doucs. He looks much further along than we expected but is still raw and we know Dyche takes his time getting new arrivals into the side. And I think if Doucs sits deeper next to Gana then Ndiaye will be the 10. 

Doesn’t look good does it 

19 minutes ago, patto said:

Doesn’t look good does it 

Young and Keane sure don't inspire confidence. Outside of that I think it's a decent side though.

We knew we were thin at fullback and didn't buy anyone and are starting the campaign with coleman and Garner unavailable. I'm pretty confident that O'Brien will be ready for consistent minutes in the next few weeks and that makes me feel a lot better about cb.

15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Been told Keane, Young and Beto starting . DCL, O’Brien and Ndiaye all on the bench 

I've stopped predicting whether Keane will play well or not. Would not surprise me in the least if he goes out there and plays a faultless game

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I've stopped predicting whether Keane will play well or not. Would not surprise me in the least if he goes out there and plays a faultless game

He'll probably show why he's a solid cover player. Some important moments, some daft. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He'll probably show why he's a solid cover player. Some important moments, some daft. 

I’m not one who slags Keane so it’s looking like we couldn’t sell him if someone came in so I’m happy for him to see his contract out. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm far beyond the age of believing in Father Christmas but I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to get to Goodison today.

Come on you fucking blues!

Think I'm in the middle of the lower Gwladys, not gonna see a thing but can't wait for it all the same. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Think I'm in the middle of the lower Gwladys, not gonna see a thing but can't wait for it all the same. 

Should be ok in the middle should be a good speck unless it’s in the very front row