IGNORED

Jesper Lindstrøm

Just now, Matt Tiger said:

I understand that wingers are different than outside mids, but we're almost certainly going to line up the same way with two slots available for all three. In terms of the signings we need to bring in I don;t think the distinction has any bearing.

Then we don't have as many wingers as you said and signing Gnonto absolutely makes sense.

You get him and then we have 4 players with different qualities, that can be used in different ways, and give us different dimensions.

Signing Gnonto (or someone else) doesn't mean we won't sign a RB. We definitely want at least one full-back this summer, probably 2.

But attack and creativity was our problem last season so it makes absolute sense to direct our funds there.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Then we don't have as many wingers as you said and signing Gnonto absolutely makes sense.

You get him and then we have 4 players with different qualities, that can be used in different ways, and give us different dimensions.

Signing Gnonto (or someone else) doesn't mean we won't sign a RB. We definitely want at least one full-back this summer, probably 2.

But attack and creativity was our problem last season so it makes absolute sense to direct our funds there.

Agreed on having options with different qualities, I'm just not nearly as confident as you seem to be that we'll be bringing in multiple additions after where we are now. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Agreed on having options with different qualities, I'm just not nearly as confident as you seem to be that we'll be bringing in multiple additions after where we are now. 

Why not? Lindstrom (sorry Sev, no idea how to have the o properly) is on loan, so the money from Onana is still there.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why not? Lindstrom (sorry Sev, no idea how to have the o properly) is on loan, so the money from Onana is still there.

Because we haven't sold yet and under our current financial conditions (and yes I understand that we should be in a better place from a FFP perspective but who knows) we've spent considerably less than we've taken in on transfers each of hte past two seasons. We're ~$51m net profit so far, so I was assuming we'd spend an additional $30m or so. 

Just now, Matt Tiger said:

Because we haven't sold yet and under our current financial conditions (and yes I understand that we should be in a better place from a FFP perspective but who knows) we've spent considerably less than we've taken in on transfers each of hte past two seasons. We're ~$51m net profit so far, so I was assuming we'd spend an additional $30m or so. 

So why couldn't we sign Gnonto and a RB with that?

We'll be looking to shift Holgate and Keane on as well, and they'll be wanting out too, so that should bring in some money. Maupay is probably looking for a club in the background as well. Those ones will probably happen later in the window.

I'll be surprised if more don't go out, so I don't see it as being an either/or situation.

So why couldn't we sign Gnonto and a RB with that?

We'll be looking to shift Holgate and Keane on as well, and they'll be wanting out too, so that should bring in some money. Maupay is probably looking for a club in the background as well. Those ones will probably happen later in the window.

I'll be surprised if more don't go out, so I don't see it as being an either/or situation.

Our only CB cover is Keane and Holgate, so if we sell them (and frankly I think it'll be hard to sell Holgate, maybe we can get something for keane) we would need to get cb cover as well. If Gnoto deal is 20m (best case) that would leave 10m to get a first team rb (not sure we can find a suitable option for that) and then any money from holgate and keane (I think there will be little if any) to get cb cover.

I'll admit these are pretty pessimistic assumptions but given how we've operated the past couple years and the lack of ownership resolution I don't think they're unreasonable.  

1 minute ago, Matt Tiger said:

Our only CB cover is Keane and Holgate, so if we sell them (and frankly I think it'll be hard to sell Holgate, maybe we can get something for keane) we would need to get cb cover as well. If Gnoto deal is 20m (best case) that would leave 10m to get a first team rb (not sure we can find a suitable option for that) and then any money from holgate and keane (I think there will be little if any) to get cb cover.

I'll admit these are pretty pessimistic assumptions but given how we've operated the past couple years and the lack of ownership resolution I don't think they're unreasonable.  

You said you wanted us to bring in a CB earlier, so we'd have to get rid of at least one of Holgate and Keane anyway. So why is that now a problem?

It wouldn't leave £10m for a RB anyway because of how it all works, but we have been linked with one for under £10m.

Please get Big Willy's name right or my head might explode :lol:.

You said you wanted us to bring in a CB earlier, so we'd have to get rid of at least one of Holgate and Keane anyway. So why is that now a problem?

It wouldn't leave £10m for a RB anyway because of how it all works, but we have been linked with one for under £10m.

Please get Big Willy's name right or my head might explode :lol:.

Been staring at his name for multiple transfer windows and just now saw the second n. I'm gonna go hibernate for a bit.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Copy/paste from @Sev,s posts = ø. No problem.

If that still challenges you I'd suggest going to @Palfy for advice:D

Just if it ever should happen, here's both, ø and Ø. What the hell, let me throw in the rest: æ Æ, å Å for eventually copy/paste.

Ah yes, should we sign or be rumoured with any from Sweden or Germany: ö Ö, ä Ä and the famous german ß ...

Pleased with the signing of Lindstrøm and hope Dyche dare to use him.

22 minutes ago, patto said:

It takes so long to sign a player these days it's so frustrating agents have caused all this pure greed.

Clubs now use agents. So we if the agent is the problem the clubs are just as much to blame.