IGNORED

Jesper Lindstrøm

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

3 million plus wages?  So he's costing us in the range of 6+ million for one season??

Think of it like this, Beto was a £30m transfer. If he has a five year contract that costs us £6m per year plus wages, if he was on £60k per year that would be another £3m, so he’s costing us £9m per year and isn’t even first choice. 

Buy a player for £20m and give them a four year contract they cost us £5m per year plus wages. 
Maybe £6m for a years loan isn’t so bad in the current market. 

think he will be a good addition. Don't think he was give much of a run of games at Napoli.

Apparently a grafter, in that he's very good at pressing when out of possession, and at his best in the transition when winning the ball and breaking forward.

At times we missed the direct attacking theat of Damari Grey last season (when he was on it). I think this lad will be a significant up grade on Grey. Just better offensively, but also works much harder out of possession. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He can play both wings but he’s more of a 10. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think his best role is as a 10. I think he's best using his pace from the wings (he can play either RW or LW) but he can play as a 10 as well. I'd imagine the plan is for Ndiaye to take the bulk of the minutes at cam ad then have Lindstrom Harrison and McNeil as the wing rotation depending on matchup.  

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Think of it like this, Beto was a £30m transfer. If he has a five year contract that costs us £6m per year plus wages, if he was on £60k per year that would be another £3m, so he’s costing us £9m per year and isn’t even first choice. 

Buy a player for £20m and give them a four year contract they cost us £5m per year plus wages. 
Maybe £6m for a years loan isn’t so bad in the current market. 

Plus, what's been one of our major problems in recent years? Paying high wages to players on a long-term contract who simply don't work out. A loan can be viewed as a trial period, with the option to buy the opportunity to convert into a long-term signing. We win all ways.

29 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Plus, what's been one of our major problems in recent years? Paying high wages to players on a long-term contract who simply don't work out. A loan can be viewed as a trial period, with the option to buy the opportunity to convert into a long-term signing. We win all ways.

Especially for a younger promising player coming off of a down year. Worst case the damage is limited, best case you have a talented young player regain his form. 

9 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think his best role is as a 10. I think he's best using his pace from the wings (he can play either RW or LW) but he can play as a 10 as well. I'd imagine the plan is for Ndiaye to take the bulk of the minutes at cam ad then have Lindstrom Harrison and McNeil as the wing rotation depending on matchup.  

he will definately give us more options in the attacking 1/3 of the pitch - the area in which we where very much lacking last season. I think him and Ndiaye will be very good sigins. Both players will work hard off the ball, which is a must in Dyche team (and to be honest I would love this to be the Everton MO - Dyche or not, we all love a grafter), but both players have something in there locker that can produce special moments and make can make something out of nothing, and get a crowd going - a bit of flair, that to be honest, we have been very much lacking for a few years.  

We aslo have to rememeber that Harrison is only currently here on another years load, so its good great to have another player ( or maybe two if Gnonto signs) that can do a job on the right wing, and give them time to bed in to a club.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

he will definately give us more options in the attacking 1/3 of the pitch - the area in which we where very much lacking last season. I think him and Ndiaye will be very good sigins. Both players will work hard off the ball, which is a must in Dyche team (and to be honest I would love this to be the Everton MO - Dyche or not, we all love a grafter), but both players have something in there locker that can produce special moments and make can make something out of nothing, and get a crowd going - a bit of flair, that to be honest, we have been very much lacking for a few years.  

We aslo have to rememeber that Harrison is only currently here on another years load, so its good great to have another player ( or maybe two if Gnonto signs) that can do a job on the right wing, and give them time to bed in to a club.

I’m hoping Gnoto deal is off now and we’ll focus on a rb / cb but otherwise I agree. Not even sure I remember what flair and creativity in the attack look like. 

45 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I’m hoping Gnoto deal is off now and we’ll focus on a rb / cb but otherwise I agree. Not even sure I remember what flair and creativity in the attack look like. 

Trevor Steven and Kanchelskis were the last ones I remember. Oh well hat was the Scot’s name who did backflips…. Forgot his name haha but he gave me a few good moments.

Beagrie!!!

47 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

We want two wingers so I don't see why the Gnonto deal would be off.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We want two wingers so I don't see why the Gnonto deal would be off.

I don't understand why we would want two wingers at this point. We need a starting quality rb and really cb cover as well and both are more pressing than winger now that we have Harrison Dwight and Jesper (assuming this gets done)

Sure you would ideally like all of the above but can't see that happening even with the Onana sale

This is what a Danish football expert has to say on him:

Danish football expert Toke Møller Theilade, as an individual who has worked with The New Yorker, ESPN, BBC and TalkSport on numerous football stories.

Toke Møller Theilade: Until he came to Napoli, it had a nice and positive growth. He broke through at his childhood club Brøndby as a youngster, and left as a club icon. He played a crucial role in the club winning its first Danish championship since 2005 in 2021 with 10 goals and 10 assists. He then became our second biggest sale ever after Daniel Agger (whom I’m sure you don’t look at as fondly as we do). At Brøndby, he started out as a winger but was then moved to a central role in the midfield, which suited him a lot. 

At Frankfurt, he also played centrally, and he continued his growth. He was a regular starter from pretty much day one, and contributed with both goals and assists. They won the Europa League in his first season there, and then the following year he scored their first-ever Champions League goal in the group stage. 

Unfortunately, his next club choice was a bad one. He clearly needed to take a step toward a bigger club than Frankfurt, but Napoli was a mess when he joined them after they won the league. The coach that bought him, Luciano Spalletti, left before the season had begun, and Lindstrøm never really got a chance. When he finally played, he was always out of position and struggled to leave his mark. 

Is Jesper Lindstrom a good signing for Sean Dyche’s Everton, a side that demands hard work?

I believe he would be a good signing for most teams.

He is a hard-working player despite him being offensively focused. He came through at Brøndby under a German head coach and learned gegenpress and aggressiveness at an early age. In Germany, he also played for an aggressive team and contributed eagerly in the pressing game. He is not the biggest guy, but his endurance and stamina are at a high level so he should adjust fine to the English game.

At Brøndby, he excelled as the offensive playmaker on a counter-based team that sat deep and then pressed aggressively. He was the guy all attacks went through in the championship season.

What are Jesper Lindstrom’s best qualities, and what can Everton fans expect from him?

He is a real team player in my opinion. He has a great eye for goal with a fantastic shot from distance, but also is really good at setting up his teammates. At both Frankfurt and Brøndby, he was involved in creating plenty of chances, yet is also great at finding space in the final third and coming into the penalty area to finish attacks at the right time to avoid coverage by defenders. 

Obviously, he is also technically great, the kind of player who can easily fit into both a possession-based style but also a more counter-based based. He is a dynamic player who is fast when he has the ball at his feet, and he can take on opponents 1v1. He can move the ball forward quickly while still keeping an overview. The speed on the ball and the dynamic playstyle are some of his biggest strengths.

He is the kind of player that is easy to root for as a fan because he always gives 100% for the team and you can both see and feel his passion. He is a hard worker and there is no ego or drama with him.

He is also a versatile player. Although he is best centrally, he can be moved around and fit into different kinds of systems and styles. He can even play as a second striker if needed, but also as a number 10 and 8.

He can be a little unorthodox though as he is not a classic number ten. He likes to go deep to get the ball and move it forward, and he can also take wide positions to exploit open space. I would say he is best in a team that moves the ball at a high pace and wants to get forward quickly like at Brøndby and Frankfurt.

Does Jesper Lindstrom bear similarities to any past/present players?

He is a tough one to compare because of his versatile style, but I think one can draw some comparisons to Jack Grealish; perhaps more the Aston Villa version of Grealish when he played more centrally, than the winger version at Manchester City. Both of them are, although not fast off the ball, fast on the ball, and can both score and set up teammates. Both are also versatile and can be moved around too. 

Are there any weaknesses fans should know about?

He is not the biggest guy, so he can be pushed away by big defenders and midfielders. For the same reason, he doesn’t offer much in the air either. When signing him, I think expectations are also important.

Napoli bought him to play wide, which is just not his position. He isn’t fast enough or a good enough dribbler to play effectively as a winger. He needs to play centrally in order to utilize his strengths and come into areas where he can help the team the most. 

Why did things not work out for Jesper Lindstrom at Napoli? Could the same happen at Everton?

I think the circumstances at Napoli were almost unique. An early coaching dismissal, chaos off the pitch and then them playing a system where he never fit in

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

This is what a Danish football expert has to say on him:

Danish football expert Toke Møller Theilade, as an individual who has worked with The New Yorker, ESPN, BBC and TalkSport on numerous football stories.

Toke Møller Theilade: Until he came to Napoli, it had a nice and positive growth. He broke through at his childhood club Brøndby as a youngster, and left as a club icon. He played a crucial role in the club winning its first Danish championship since 2005 in 2021 with 10 goals and 10 assists. He then became our second biggest sale ever after Daniel Agger (whom I’m sure you don’t look at as fondly as we do). At Brøndby, he started out as a winger but was then moved to a central role in the midfield, which suited him a lot. 

At Frankfurt, he also played centrally, and he continued his growth. He was a regular starter from pretty much day one, and contributed with both goals and assists. They won the Europa League in his first season there, and then the following year he scored their first-ever Champions League goal in the group stage. 

Unfortunately, his next club choice was a bad one. He clearly needed to take a step toward a bigger club than Frankfurt, but Napoli was a mess when he joined them after they won the league. The coach that bought him, Luciano Spalletti, left before the season had begun, and Lindstrøm never really got a chance. When he finally played, he was always out of position and struggled to leave his mark. 

Is Jesper Lindstrom a good signing for Sean Dyche’s Everton, a side that demands hard work?

I believe he would be a good signing for most teams.

He is a hard-working player despite him being offensively focused. He came through at Brøndby under a German head coach and learned gegenpress and aggressiveness at an early age. In Germany, he also played for an aggressive team and contributed eagerly in the pressing game. He is not the biggest guy, but his endurance and stamina are at a high level so he should adjust fine to the English game.

At Brøndby, he excelled as the offensive playmaker on a counter-based team that sat deep and then pressed aggressively. He was the guy all attacks went through in the championship season.

What are Jesper Lindstrom’s best qualities, and what can Everton fans expect from him?

He is a real team player in my opinion. He has a great eye for goal with a fantastic shot from distance, but also is really good at setting up his teammates. At both Frankfurt and Brøndby, he was involved in creating plenty of chances, yet is also great at finding space in the final third and coming into the penalty area to finish attacks at the right time to avoid coverage by defenders. 

Obviously, he is also technically great, the kind of player who can easily fit into both a possession-based style but also a more counter-based based. He is a dynamic player who is fast when he has the ball at his feet, and he can take on opponents 1v1. He can move the ball forward quickly while still keeping an overview. The speed on the ball and the dynamic playstyle are some of his biggest strengths.

He is the kind of player that is easy to root for as a fan because he always gives 100% for the team and you can both see and feel his passion. He is a hard worker and there is no ego or drama with him.

He is also a versatile player. Although he is best centrally, he can be moved around and fit into different kinds of systems and styles. He can even play as a second striker if needed, but also as a number 10 and 8.

He can be a little unorthodox though as he is not a classic number ten. He likes to go deep to get the ball and move it forward, and he can also take wide positions to exploit open space. I would say he is best in a team that moves the ball at a high pace and wants to get forward quickly like at Brøndby and Frankfurt.

Does Jesper Lindstrom bear similarities to any past/present players?

He is a tough one to compare because of his versatile style, but I think one can draw some comparisons to Jack Grealish; perhaps more the Aston Villa version of Grealish when he played more centrally, than the winger version at Manchester City. Both of them are, although not fast off the ball, fast on the ball, and can both score and set up teammates. Both are also versatile and can be moved around too. 

Are there any weaknesses fans should know about?

He is not the biggest guy, so he can be pushed away by big defenders and midfielders. For the same reason, he doesn’t offer much in the air either. When signing him, I think expectations are also important.

Napoli bought him to play wide, which is just not his position. He isn’t fast enough or a good enough dribbler to play effectively as a winger. He needs to play centrally in order to utilize his strengths and come into areas where he can help the team the most. 

Why did things not work out for Jesper Lindstrom at Napoli? Could the same happen at Everton?

I think the circumstances at Napoli were almost unique. An early coaching dismissal, chaos off the pitch and then them playing a system where he never fit in

This is super helpful. I was under the impression he was much more pacey than this and not quite as adept at distribution. between him and NDiaye we should have a real spark available in the center of the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

I don't understand why we would want two wingers at this point. We need a starting quality rb and really cb cover as well and both are more pressing than winger now that we have Harrison Dwight and Jesper (assuming this gets done)

Sure you would ideally like all of the above but can't see that happening even with the Onana sale

Probably because Harrison and McNeil aren't wingers.

This is super helpful. I was under the impression he was much more pacey than this and not quite as adept at distribution. between him and NDiaye we should have a real spark available in the center of the pitch. 

Very pacey compared to Ruffrob...

Right now we have two wingers, for two positions. If we get two more then we have starters and cover. Right now we don’t have cover. 

We already have two right backs and four centre backs. Some of them will have to leave before better options are brought in. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Wide midfielders, like Pienaar. They aren't wingers.

I mean, the difference is pedantic given how we're going to line up. 

We have three wingers for two slots assuming this transfer goes through. We don't have a single first team quality rb in my opinion. We don't have one cb that I feel comfortable playing if Tarks or JB miss time or need a spell. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's really not, they're very different, but hey ho.

I understand that wingers are different than outside mids, but we're almost certainly going to line up the same way with two slots available for all three. In terms of the signings we need to bring in I don;t think the distinction has any bearing.