IGNORED

Jesper Lindstrøm

That's Lindstrøm. Get it right for fucks sake. But also called Jobbe which will be easier for most of you. His present contract runs to 2028.

Played quite well for Eintracht Franfurt but has struggled a lot in Napoli the last season. Definitely an offensive player.

As usual, if the price is right. Napoi wants to off-load him to get some of their investment back.

• MikeO changed the title to Jesper Lindstrøm
1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

current talk/story is some sort of potential swap deal involving Mykolenko. Not to sure about letting our starting left back go without a very solid replacement being in the building. 

I would be very surprised by that prior to our current dealings, but now?

8 hours ago, lacedupshoes said:

I suppose that means we won’t be seeing Doucouré in that advanced role any more with Ndiaye and Lindstrøm?

I suppose we won't see too much from Doucs then. He is not very good defensively and not a good passer at all. He has a lot of energy and good physique, which has helped him disrupt the opposition defense and score some nice goals in that advanced role. If he's playing further back, I fear he will be completely useless.

I think Lindstrom will be an excellent addition to our squad. A player some big clubs where looking at last year, only to miss out to Napoli.

I had a good look at his stats last year at Napoli, and he got less than 500min playing time in the league, with 20 of his 22 games predominantly 10-15min at the end of a game. Not a great way to try and settle in. His two best ratings coming in the 2 games he started. Doesn't sound like he's had a fair crack at the whip in Italy.

think language, culture and climate in England will suit him far better than southern Italy. I think he will settle on Merseyside far better than he did in Naples. 

playing wise, it sound like he shines as a pressing player, being most effective in transition for a counter attacking team. attacking midfeilder who works hard pressing off the ball and can also cover both wings. 

so really hoping this comes off. loan with 'option' to buy would be a fantastic deal if it comes of. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think Lindstrom will be an excellent addition to our squad. A player some big clubs where looking at last year, only to miss out to Napoli.

I had a good look at his stats last year at Napoli, and he got less than 500min playing time in the league, with 20 of his 22 games predominantly 10-15min at the end of a game. Not a great way to try and settle in. His two best ratings coming in the 2 games he started. Doesn't sound like he's had a fair crack at the whip in Italy.

think language, culture and climate in England will suit him far better than southern Italy. I think he will settle on Merseyside far better than he did in Naples. 

playing wise, it sound like he shines as a pressing player, being most effective in transition for a counter attacking team. attacking midfeilder who works hard pressing off the ball and can also cover both wings. 

so really hoping this comes off. loan with 'option' to buy would be a fantastic deal if it comes of. 

I'm excited by this as well. Seems like a player who will work his socks off but also has a bit of quality about him. If we get him, I'm really hoping to see Lindstrom & Ndiaye play together.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

most websites indicate he is on around £50,000 a week. Given he's on the back of a poor season, then you wouldn't think they would be looking for more. Average salary in the PL being about £60k a week, so £50k probably about right and shouldn't be a problem.  

I hope it’s just media shit, but just read an article saying an Italian journalist has spoken to him and he isn’t sure we are the right move for him. 
Hoping this is just bullshit as I am looking forward to this one.