IGNORED

Lesley Ugochukwu

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, I'd much prefer to see us secure a loan for Ugochukwu than for Phillips. I like the strategy of building a team of younger players seeded with players with vast experience from whom the former can learn.

Ugo is an unknown quantity, a fit Philips is a proven asset. Plus if it's a loan why not both? 

Edit. He's an unknown quantity to me. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Ugo is an unknown quantity, a fit Philips is a proven asset. Plus if it's a loan why not both? 

Edit. He's an unknown quantity to me. 

I think you can only have two loans from clubs in the same country, and we’ve already got Jack Harrison. 

From the minutes I've see of him I think he has a bright future but I also didn't walk away feeling like he was ready for first team football. Not sure this makes sense as Timmy feels similar to me but as Patto said Thelwell has done fairly well in his evaluations imo so I'llgive him the benefit of the doubt.

18 hours ago, msloan78 said:

If we get him on loan, any move for Broja (if we're still interested) would have to be permanent.

Are you his agent?

By the way, how do you qualify for Europe through the cups?

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, patto said:

It seems all our links are going elsewhere a sad state of affairs what are we waiting for we’ve spent fk all. 

We’re linked by a French newspaper who name many Premier League clubs - that doesn’t necessarily mean we held any interest whatsoever. Similarly with Szmodics. I think we’ve held concrete interest in Phillips and Broja as there’s been a range of sources and long-standing interest with those pair but when the financial packages or other aspects of the deal aren’t right for us, we thankfully have learnt to walk away… that would have been a great strategy when we had an opening bid of £20m for Sigurdsson a few years ago.

21 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We’re linked by a French newspaper who name many Premier League clubs - that doesn’t necessarily mean we held any interest whatsoever. Similarly with Szmodics. I think we’ve held concrete interest in Phillips and Broja as there’s been a range of sources and long-standing interest with those pair but when the financial packages or other aspects of the deal aren’t right for us, we thankfully have learnt to walk away… that would have been a great strategy when we had an opening bid of £20m for Sigurdsson a few years ago.

From day 1 I wanted a striker that to me was priority and Szmodics is a goal scorer and I think at 9m he’s a bargain I would have took him first and foremost.