IGNORED

Jaden Philogene

This lad looks decent enough, but I guess it will all boil down to the fee and wages needed. Guessing his fee will be in the £15-£20M bracket, which looks reasonable these days.

If we really do want him and are in for him, then I would be disapointed if he choose the tractor boys or even Palace over us. But he is a London boy, and seeing what's happened with Eze and Olise at Palace (and even Zaha before them), I could see a Palace attraction for a young wide player wanting to break through in the PL.

38 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

This lad looks decent enough, but I guess it will all boil down to the fee and wages needed. Guessing his fee will be in the £15-£20M bracket, which looks reasonable these days.

If we really do want him and are in for him, then I would be disapointed if he choose the tractor boys or even Palace over us. But he is a London boy, and seeing what's happened with Eze and Olise at Palace (and even Zaha before them), I could see a Palace attraction for a young wide player wanting to break through in the PL.

I'd be more surprised if he doesn't pick Palace tbh.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be more surprised if he doesn't pick Palace tbh.

yeah, if I had to put money on it I think that where he will end up.

Still would feel disappointed in players chosing Palace over us if we indeed wanted them, but simply a sign of were we are as a club. Hopefully, month by month we will become more and more attractive as a destination as a club, when this type of player would be triping over themselves to sign for Everton FC.  We as fans are already seeing the green shoot of a recovering at the club, but may take a bit longer for those less invested in the club to see it.  

58 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/everton/exclusive-toffees-confident-completing-deal-electric-forward-agreement-struck-hefty-rival-interest

I think it all depends on which article you read. Have read somewhere he favors a move to Everton, but who knows.

My guess is possibley Ipswich have had an offer accepted and maybe him and his agent as just hanging fire to see if Palace, Everton or indeed any other offers come his way. I think he only goes to Ipswich if no better offers come along over the next day or so.  

Read today that Palace have actually put a bid in for him. 
Same as the other lad, we’ve shown interest but haven’t actually submitted a bid.

Same as the Minteh/Dom swap. Most of this is we’ve enquired but not actually followed up with bids.

Only real bid so far other than completed signings, is that Man Utd have bid for Branthwaite.

Or that’s what my sources are telling me at least.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Read today that Palace have actually put a bid in for him. 
Same as the other lad, we’ve shown interest but haven’t actually submitted a bid.

Same as the Minteh/Dom swap. Most of this is we’ve enquired but not actually followed up with bids.

Only real bid so far other than completed signings, is that Man Utd have bid for Branthwaite.

Or that’s what the voices in my head are telling me at least.

Fixed it for you.

No disrespect to Ipswich, but though the lad would want to see if he could get himself a move to a bigger club rather than jump at signing for them.

If we want the player, then it is upto Thelwell et al to sell the now reborn Everton vison to him - might be a bit easier this summer than its been over the past couple of season!!!!

If £16M or there abouts is the fee, then thats not to bad this day and age - not going to offered silly wages either. If he can reproduce anything near his Championship performances then he will be a good buy. 

Been reading that we will be after a couple of wingers this window, so doesn't mean that we would not also be interested in Asprilla.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

£16m looking the agreed fee based on rumours.... 

The Hull owner is a reasonable fella and has said previously he won't stand in the way of players that want to move up as long as they get what they think a player is worth.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The Hull owner is a reasonable fella and has said previously he won't stand in the way of players that want to move up as long as they get what they think a player is worth.

Fair play 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, I saw his interview on talksport - He sounded a really decent fella.

Think this is another one that makes a ton of sense for us. While he’s played plenty on the left he’s right footed so can naturally play on the right. Hes quite creative with the ball at his feet but his defensive work rate from the wing is top notch as well. Really think he (along with ndiaye) can help our attacking output without sacrificing the defensive support Dyche likes to provide from the wings.

48 minutes ago, patto said:

So it looks like if we offer the correct personal terms he’s ours so it’s down to Thelwell now if he really wants him. 

this is key to me, we have seen far to many players that we want slipping through our fingers to what I would see as genuinely smaller clubs. This is very frustrating. The leg work is done IDing the players, talking to them etc, only to see them sign elsewhere.

This is maybe the first time Thelwell is able to act with a bit of wiggle room in the finances - so fingers crossed he can negotiate with maybe only one hand behind is back rather than both.