IGNORED

Tim Iroegbunam

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

He’s not light years ahead of the rest - he’s something fresh and exciting as he actually looks forward and is positive. He’s played in a team that has lost 3-0 and 4-0 and beaten a League 2 side… he’s got loads to learn but it looks like his ceiling is very high. Like it or not, Garner, Mangala and Gueye will be ahead of him as a starter.

He's going to get very good very quickly.  He should play as much as possible. 

Early signs are that all of us think he actually has a more rounded game than Onana. Let's not forget, Tim is 2 years younger than Onana. So at the moment, Tim should currently be compared to the 21 year Onana who walked in the door two seasons ago, and not the one would left this year with over 4500 Premier League minutes under his belt. 

How much better could Tim be after 60 odd games!!!

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s not light years ahead of the rest - he’s something fresh and exciting as he actually looks forward and is positive. He’s played in a team that has lost 3-0 and 4-0 and beaten a League 2 side… he’s got loads to learn but it looks like his ceiling is very high. Like it or not, Garner, Mangala and Gueye will be ahead of him as a starter.

Yeah, and won the most balls, MOTM... He can tackle and he can pass to our players more times than the opposition. He really is lightyears ahead. He might get rotated a bit to not burn him out but he will be a starter. 

58 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Hopefully but he’s likely to be in and out when the squad is fit and complete.

In all honesty he is better than garner in ways - very very similar though, could be an alonso/gerrard type partnership. Not in terms of levels but style. 

we could use garner as right back and keep Tim in middle with gana and mangala.

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, and won the most balls, MOTM... He can tackle and he can pass to our players more times than the opposition. He really is lightyears ahead. He might get rotated a bit to not burn him out but he will be a starter. 

Far too early to say light years ahead - he looks a great prospect but has only played 3 competitive games for us - 2 in which we were battered and 1 against 4th tier opposition. I’m excited about his potential but he’s young and will have tough patches - we’re great for overhyping prospects and it all gets a bit messy if they don’t live up to the hype - let him settle and find himself at EFC - he’s signed a long contract and we’ll hopefully have many years to enjoy him. The early signs are very encouraging but let’s not get carried away.

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Far too early to say light years ahead - he looks a great prospect but has only played 3 competitive games for us - 2 in which we were battered and 1 against 4th tier opposition. I’m excited about his potential but he’s young and will have tough patches - we’re great for overhyping prospects and it all gets a bit messy if they don’t live up to the hype - let him settle and find himself at EFC - he’s signed a long contract and we’ll hopefully have many years to enjoy him. The early signs are very encouraging but let’s not get carried away.

Ok, I'll admit, I'm still on my sugar high from yesterday. Can't help but get excited. He looks more of a Viera type player than Onana ever did. I look forward to him and Garner creating a partnership, the potential of having a solid midfield duo again, rather than 1 carrying the other is quite exciting. I'll always get carried away because this club offers so few moments of joy, I need to make the most of every last positive thing in connection with the club :lol:

I feel with have had Villas pants down. 
9m for him.

Didn’t they give us 10m for Dobbin?

I actually agree with Haf in that he could be that more progressive player rather than a defensive mid. 
He could end up being Doucs replacement.:

Hea getting all the plaudits for his tackles and turnovers, but he is also a forward looking player. He has an instinct to go past a player when there is space. 

I particularly enjoyed him chasing down that ball in the corner that seemed a lost cause. Nice bit of pace.

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Best thing is that he does it with flair too. 

His game awareness is exceptional, receiving the ball & knowing when to turn or let the ball run. Serious talent. With Tim, Garner & Armstrong (obviously further behind) we are well stocked for young midfield talent.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

Game management… Tim was excellent but should have come off for Garner at 2-0 - unfortunately, that was the point I’ve been trying to make - the boy is class but has so much to learn.

I'm not sure today was about learning tbh - it's about having the physicality to be able to go for 90 minutes. He just needs to play more and then he'll be able to go for a full game.

On 01/09/2024 at 00:50, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure today was about learning tbh - it's about having the physicality to be able to go for 90 minutes. He just needs to play more and then he'll be able to go for a full game.

In fairness he covered a huge shift in hot conditions. He's box to box - he will have done a fair old distance 

Just now, Hafnia said:

In fairness he covered a huge shift in hot conditions. He's box to box - he will have done a fair old distance 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising him for being knackered. Far from it.

Like you say, he'd covered a lot of ground during the game and had more than earned the tiredness.

But I do think that the more he plays the more able he'll be able to do what he did for 75 minutes for 90 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising him for being knackered. Far from it.

Like you say, he'd covered a lot of ground during the game and had more than earned the tiredness.

But I do think that the more he plays the more able he'll be able to do what he did for 75 minutes for 90 minutes.

All I know is this..... would I swap him for Onana ?  Nope - £45m plus Tim for Onana ........ amazing.

he will far surpass Onanas levels 

• 2 weeks later...

Puts into perspective the training a lot more when you read the full article and don’t just follow the Titter gang…. I mean Twitter gang. 

He has been so much better than I think we all suspected. His ability is clearly there, and his energy is just what we need. I live the way he is always looking for the ball and has the ability to turn out. 
Can’t wait to see how he progresses.