IGNORED

Tim Iroegbunam

Yea I’d like to see him paired with doucoure and ndiaye at the 10. Doucoure isn’t perfect there either but I think their skill sets complements each other reasonably well. As others have said Gana can be a good player still but his colossal mistakes are becoming too frequent and are beginning to outweigh the good he brings. 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

Why? Doucoure is more suited for that role, and doesn't gift goals nearly as often as Gana.

He really isn't. He can't pass or tackle, and has no positional sense whatsoever. That's why he was pushed into playing behind the striker - where his complete lack of footballing ability couldn't hurt us as much.

Put him in midfield, and next to someone as inexperienced as Iroegbunam to boot, and we will get destroyed.

He needs to be dropped and used as an impact sub if we're chasing a game.

Tim is going to replace Gana if he continues like he has started. 
I wouldn’t say Gana is an issue yet. He is still one of our best players and that outweighs his mistakes. 

If we wanted Gana out for his mistake then we also need to take Tim out as he made the exact same mistake. The football after the incidents is irrelevant…. Route cause is route cause.

Tim can learn a lot playing along Gana, and I’m sure this is where Dyche is looking. 

Ndiaye will end up the number 10 hopefully. We need that explosive spark in that position. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He really isn't. He can't pass or tackle, and has no positional sense whatsoever. That's why he was pushed into playing behind the striker - where his complete lack of footballing ability couldn't hurt us as much.

Put him in midfield, and next to someone as inexperienced as Iroegbunam to boot, and we will get destroyed.

He needs to be dropped and used as an impact sub if we're chasing a game.

When Doucoure first came here I thought he was pretty decent. The decline over the last 18 months or so has been alarming.

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

Tim is going to replace Gana if he continues like he has started. 
I wouldn’t say Gana is an issue yet. He is still one of our best players and that outweighs his mistakes. 

If we wanted Gana out for his mistake then we also need to take Tim out as he made the exact same mistake. The football after the incidents is irrelevant…. Route cause is route cause.

Tim can learn a lot playing along Gana, and I’m sure this is where Dyche is looking. 

Ndiaye will end up the number 10 hopefully. We need that explosive spark in that position. 

I see what you're driving at mate

5 hours ago, patto said:

Maupay is a better option than Doucoure at the moment he should be in the 10 position he is far better…..we will find out soon if Ndiaye is any good probably Saturday. 

Probably over the season. It still amazes me that people think they can judge a player on a game or even a handful and that they know better that the professionals who's job it is to scout.

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Probably over the season. It still amazes me that people think they can judge a player on a game or even a handful and that they know better that the professionals who's job it is to scout.

Oi oi oi! We're all great managers here, mate.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

If you know you know

2 hours ago, patto said:

I am talking about the Doucoure now not the one 2 years ago let’s be honest he can’t trap a ball and his passing is woeful. 
looking at our numbers I hope we keep Maupay we may need him. 

That included numbers up to January of this year...

1 hour ago, patto said:

When I say looking at our numbers I mean squad size we need all we can get. 

I know, but you say you’re talking about the doucoure now not two years ago but those numbers still show us massively improved this year not two years ago

4 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

You expect this type of performance from such a young player, but he was very bad in the spurs match. Didn’t do much of anything positive. I still like his talent and skill set, but we should temper expectations. 

Can be hard to be good when whole team is not performing at its best. And then there are the tactics and subs.

4 minutes ago, Sev said:

Can be hard to be good when whole team is not performing at its best. And then there are the tactics and subs.

This isn’t wrong but in this case he was legitimately bad. Frequently out of position, no impact on maintaining possession, and lost on the ball.

Again, I’m not holding it against him because this is what you expect from such a young player, but he had a very bad performance. 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

You expect this type of performance from such a young player, but he was very bad in the spurs match. Didn’t do much of anything positive. I still like his talent and skill set, but we should temper expectations. 

Who wasn't? 

Edit: read to the end, Matthew :doh:

He was brilliant last night - before we all get carried away though, I do think he’ll be in and out of the team once Mangala is here and Garner returns to fitness - there’s no rush with him - with Gueye and Doucoure possibly in their final year, Tim’s got time to establish himself as a starter - very much like Garner has/did as he was in and out of the team initially.

47 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He was brilliant last night - before we all get carried away though, I do think he’ll be in and out of the team once Mangala is here and Garner returns to fitness - there’s no rush with him - with Gueye and Doucoure possibly in their final year, Tim’s got time to establish himself as a starter - very much like Garner has/did as he was in and out of the team initially.

I know what you're getting at but he's lightyears ahead of the rest of the midfield. It doesn't look like he needs the time but it would be sensible.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know what you're getting at but he's lightyears ahead of the rest of the midfield. It doesn't look like he needs the time but it would be sensible.

He’s not light years ahead of the rest - he’s something fresh and exciting as he actually looks forward and is positive. He’s played in a team that has lost 3-0 and 4-0 and beaten a League 2 side… he’s got loads to learn but it looks like his ceiling is very high. Like it or not, Garner, Mangala and Gueye will be ahead of him as a starter.