IGNORED

Tim Iroegbunam

I was quietly excited by the lad given that Gerrard had very high hopes for him. By all accounts he lacked self belief but everything else was there. Emery rated him too so I'm not sure how we were able to get him. Maybe psr was the reality. 

I really thought he was just a PSR exercise and that he was a skirting player like Dobbin. But everything I have saw from him so far has been a level above, if not two or three what I expected.

I love the way he is confident enough to take a touch on the ball and hold it until he sees the right pass. 
He is also quite strong on the ball. 
But his biggest attribute so far is that he shows himself for the ball. He wants the ball passed to him.

One of the few bright sparks from pre season.

41 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Looks to have more to his game than Onana - needs to work on his cheer leading I guess but I'm not arsed about that 

Must admit he looks quite good and should improve….. I’ve only seen snippets of Armstrong but I like the look of him I’m glad we gave him a 3 year contract 

4 hours ago, patto said:

Must admit he looks quite good and should improve….. I’ve only seen snippets of Armstrong but I like the look of him I’m glad we gave him a 3 year contract 

He went under the radar for me for most of the match…. Then I suddenly realised he isn’t a first teamer. It’s a compliment that I did t realise. 
He seemed to come out of nowhere.

Very good that the got Tim in early in pre season, so Dyche and coaches can have a real good look at him before the transfer window shuts. Could he be closer to filling Onana's shoes than maybe we first expected? Especially how used in this team. Could we be looking at Anderson as back up/bench at least up to January. 

Gana, Garner, Tim and Duc's  for two midfeild spots and with Anderson in and around the first team squad as 5th cover. Do we urgently need a loaned Phillip's or other in this transfer window? I think its good practice to have a talanted youngster having half a season with the first team before sending him out for loan or anything like that. 

This is especially the case as in the attacking midfelid depart we now have Lindstrom and Ndiaye and potential Dele, i.e Duc's not really needed for this position. 

Pacey winger and backs is where we could really do with an extra body. 

I’ve decided Dyche must feel comfortable with garner as rb cover or else we would’ve made a move for one already imo. If I had to guess I’d say that other than a DCL resolution (contract extension or a sale with a replacement) we’re probably done this window. And honestly I feel pretty good about it.

I was a little more concerned about CM until seeing Timmy get extended run. Agreed that he looks MUCH further along than I expected him to. Obviously we’ll see once the league starts but early signs is this was a great piece of business. 

30 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I’ve decided Dyche must feel comfortable with garner as rb cover or else we would’ve made a move for one already imo. If I had to guess I’d say that other than a DCL resolution (contract extension or a sale with a replacement) we’re probably done this window. And honestly I feel pretty good about it.

I was a little more concerned about CM until seeing Timmy get extended run. Agreed that he looks MUCH further along than I expected him to. Obviously we’ll see once the league starts but early signs is this was a great piece of business. 

Sometime a player like Tim (at the age and current experience) now just need a good  seasons faith to really see if he cuts the mustard at Prem level. Plenty of 20-30min sub appearances in a game along with a few starts. Ask Gana for a good hours effort, with Tim coming on at the backend of games with some fresh legs to build that experience and confidence. 

I am sure we will all get behind him and give him a fair crack of the whip.

Massive bonus if he can do a proper job for us this season and develop. 

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another reason I hope we don’t make a move for Phillips.

He's an instant upgrade on Onana, I don't think we need too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doucoure dropped for him either though, he's very good with his feet. 

Edit: autocorrect thinks Obama signed for us :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's an instant upgrade on Obama, I don't think we need too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doucoure dropped for him either though, he's very good with his feet. 

Like I've said many times - I don't see what Onana does that makes him a potential world class player.  A good athlete who should dominate games but has no ability to strike a ball, can't really carry it, has no real hunger. 
just very meh

Gerrard as crap as a manager as he was - had massive hopes for Tim. I'd trust his opinion on a midfield player over his ability to manage. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Like I've said many times - I don't see what Onana does that makes him a potential world class player.  A good athlete who should dominate games but has no ability to strike a ball, can't really carry it, has no real hunger. 
just very meh

Gerrard as crap as a manager as he was - had massive hopes for Tim. I'd trust his opinion on a midfield player over his ability to manage. 

Oh I see it spades but it doesn't seem to click for him. Tim seems to have that a vision. Plus he can stay on his feet :lol:

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Oh I see it spades but it doesn't seem to click for him. Tim seems to have that a vision. Plus he can stay on his feet :lol:

Onana won't reach his hype cos he's not got it between the ears or in the heart. Loads like that. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Onana won't reach his hype cos he's not got it between the ears or in the heart. Loads like that. 

I wouldn't question his heart but his head, I agree. But I also think he's going to do well in a team with more time and space on the ball. Time will tell.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's an instant upgrade on Onana, I don't think we need too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doucoure dropped for him either though, he's very good with his feet. 

Edit: autocorrect thinks Obama signed for us :unsure:

It would certainly be something to think about when Garner is back but I like him next to Gueye.

Doucs needs to not be first choice though. I’ve called for Harrison to play that role and I liked what he showed there when Ndiaye came on, but I also wouldn’t mind Ndiaye playing the 10.

Options!

• 2 weeks later...

but to be fair he had that all important Premiership experience before Saturday - a whole 158min worth. 

Lets hope we see his confidence just grows and grows. It would be great if young finge players at other clubs see Everton as the club who will put you on the pitch and let you develop. It will be massive if Iroegbunam this seaons becomes a young upgrade to Gana. 

The more Branthwaithes and Iroegbunams at the club the better.

Iike discussed elsewhere, even if you don't get the result you want at the beginning of the season - seeing new signings doing good thinks on the pitch really spreads optomisum around the place.