IGNORED

Tim Iroegbunam

I like the look of him. Looks to be very long and with good pace. Uses his legs in challenges like Onana. Doesn't seem like he's ready for big minutes, but with Gana and Doucoure here I would like this signing a lot. They can eat up most of our central midfield minutes and we can allow him to develop like we did with Chermiti.

12 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I like the look of him. Looks to be very long and with good pace. Uses his legs in challenges like Onana. Doesn't seem like he's ready for big minutes, but with Gana and Doucoure here I would like this signing a lot. They can eat up most of our central midfield minutes and we can allow him to develop like we did with Chermiti.

Agree. 

A song for him is gonna be a nightmare though...

Edit: maybe to the Flash Gordon theme? Tim! Ahaaaa! Iroegbunam!

It works in my head since I'm struggling to work out how his family name is pronounced :D

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like many, I have no idea who he is or whether he'd be a signing for now or the future, but the Villa fans seem gutted about losing him so that bodes well.

That's great and all, but does his family name have enough syllables to sing along to the Macarena?

We have had a good track record to date with 'defensive' midfeilder types with a Aston Villa history - so perhaps a good omen.  Very much the sort of players we should be buying - about ready to play a part in the premier league, and with massive potenital. Sometime these young lads just need the opertunity to play.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

if we are also buying a player from Villa now to help their PSR before end of June - then I wonder if that means we currently have money to spare in the period 23/24?

We don't know that we are buying a playing this month, it might not happen until July. We'll have to see on that score.

A lot of the articles I have read suggest Villa are willing to sell a young prospect given the significant benefit it has on their 23/24 PSR accounts. It will be interesting to see if we sign before end of this month.

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

A lot of the articles I have read suggest Villa are willing to sell a young prospect given the significant benefit it has on their 23/24 PSR accounts. It will be interesting to see if we sign before end of this month.

They've been in talks to sell Luiz and Duran so I would assume they wouldn't need to move on a young prospect that quickly for PSR but maybe those deals are having problems.

12 hours ago, RuffRob said:

PSR is so fucked up when it make the best thing for clubs to do is sell young talent that they have been developing, simply because thats what looks best on the books and ticks the right boxes in the accounts.

Maybe Villa just don’t rate him and 10m seems ok to take. 

7 minutes ago, patto said:

Maybe Villa just don’t rate him and 10m seems ok to take. 

Looked at what their fans are saying - 18 months ago every club was after him. Gerrard was a big fan. Limited game time as Villa have an abundance of talent in midfield and they need to balance books. 

its the type of deal we need to be doing imo. The structure will likely be over 4 years for us and Villa get pure profit. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Looked at what their fans are saying - 18 months ago every club was after him. Gerrard was a big fan. Limited game time as Villa have an abundance of talent in midfield and they need to balance books. 

its the type of deal we need to be doing imo. The structure will likely be over 4 years for us and Villa get pure profit. 

I’m not saying he’s not good and it is the way for us to go I agree with the signing them YouTube videos make all players look good even some crabs we’ve bought over the last few years. 

5 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m not saying he’s not good and it is the way for us to go I agree with the signing them YouTube videos make all players look good even some crabs we’ve bought over the last few years. 

Not even looked at YouTube myself. Got to trust the recruitment department who for the best part of 10 years had chairmen and owners  overriding them 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not even looked at YouTube myself. Got to trust the recruitment department who for the best part of 10 years had chairmen and owners  overriding them 

I think Beto is 1 mistake so far under Kevin Thelwell even if we move him on we lose a few million. 

10 minutes ago, patto said:

I think Beto is 1 mistake so far under Kevin Thelwell even if we move him on we lose a few million. 

Better gamble than Maupay. More to come from him and we won't lose that much on him.  We could have got better if we never blew so much on crap - the deal structure made it a gamble worth taking. 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Better gamble than Maupay. More to come from him and we won't lose that much on him.  We could have got better if we never blew so much on crap - the deal structure made it a gamble worth taking. 

We need to move Maupay and Beto on this window as well as the usual suspects.