IGNORED

Sammie Szmodics

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I assume you thought the same when Forest signed 22 player in a window?

No there is no comparison Nottingham Forest are a massive club compared to Ipswich 

Good luck to Ipswich I think they have a very good manager. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think we even had any interest in him tbh.

This 100% - how he even got a thread… this was a rumours without a link at best… if the site goes down on transfer deadline day just as we’re about to sign Vini Jnr. on loan (with an option) then we’ve got this thread to blame for taking up precious bandwidth (not got a clue what I’m talking about but sounds techy enough).

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be honest mate I think our transfer strategy this season has been fantastic so far. 
We look a much more pacy and aggressive team already. It’s what we’ve been crying out for.

I’m happy what we’ve done but being honest we have bought fringe players as we get to the end of the window I would like to see a proper striker brought in the main plus for me is Tim he has been a big surprise to everyone we still need fullbacks  

54 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This 100% - how he even got a thread… this was a rumours without a link at best… if the site goes down on transfer deadline day just as we’re about to sign Vini Jnr. on loan (with an option) then we’ve got this thread to blame for taking up precious bandwidth (not got a clue what I’m talking about but sounds techy enough).

Why bother adding to it then ?

15 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m happy what we’ve done but being honest we have bought fringe players as we get to the end of the window I would like to see a proper striker brought in the main plus for me is Tim he has been a big surprise to everyone we still need fullbacks  

Striker only comes in if Dom or Beto go and rightly so - we can’t be stockpiling players in a position we’re ’comfortable’ with.

If we have any money we need a centre mid and full-back as necessity and then a pacy winger as a bonus. A new striker would become a necessity if DCL or Beto were to leave.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Striker only comes in if Dom or Beto go and rightly so - we can’t be stockpiling players in a position we’re ’comfortable’ with.

If we have any money we need a centre mid and full-back as necessity and then a pacy winger as a bonus. A new striker would become a necessity if DCL or Beto were to leave.

What if Dom goes in the last couple of days we will be right in the shit then. 
even with Dom and Beto what did they score between them at guess it’s 11 goals all in it’s not good enough a striker should have been a priority we’ve brought 2 forwards in that might not even play tomorrow. 

If we don’t think we can find a replacement we won’t sell Dom. The balls in our court.

He has made it quite clear that is happy to stay. He has said only this week that we can’t wait to be back at a rocking Goodison again. 

So if we need to, we will keep him and sell him cheap in January. Better than going short just to get a fee.

2 hours ago, patto said:

Tim has been a massive surprise, hope he gets a lot of game time and can mature into the player he looks like he can be.

I wouldn’t say the other signings are fringe players. I would be expecting Ndiaye to fight with Doucs for a first team spot. 
Lindstrøm is a first team player and our other wingers will be fighting for his place. 

Jake is a future first team player for sure.