IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window 2024

I don’t want to jump too far ahead (well I do - can’t wait for this season to end!!!) but this is our squad for the start of the 25/26 window:

G/K: Pickford

F/B: Patterson, Mykolenko 

C/B: Branthwaite, Tarkowski, O’Brien

C/M: Garner, Ireogbunam

Fwd: NDiaye, McNeil

Str: Beto, Chermiti

Maybe Armstrong and Dixon are part of the squad by then. Maybe Coleman and another extend their stay. Maybe Dele earns a contract and Lindstrøm stays.

Anyway, my point is - there are only 12 senior players who are contracted to be here next season. If we’re not signing anymore this summer (as Dyche says) then are we adding players in Jan or looking at trying to integrate 10+ new players next summer? There’s a massive overhaul coming - I personal think selling Dom now is imperative to allow us to at least have a bit of a budget.

IN: Iroegbunam, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Begovic
OUT: Dobbin, Godfrey, Onana
LOAN IN: Harrison, Lindstrom
LOAN OUT: Onyango, Tyrer

Squad depth:
GK: Pickford Virginia Begovic
RB: Coleman Patterson
CB: Tark Branthwaite Keane Holgate O'Brien
LB: Myko Young
CM: Gana Garner Iroegbunam

AM: Doucoure Ndiaye
W: McNeil Harrison Lindstrom
ST: DCL Beto Chermiti Maupay

8 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Iroegbunam, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Begovic
OUT: Dobbin, Godfrey, Onana
LOAN IN: Harrison, Lindstrom
LOAN OUT: Onyango, Tyrer

Squad depth:
GK: Pickford Virginia Begovic
RB: Coleman Patterson
CB: Tark Branthwaite Keane Holgate O'Brien
LB: Myko Young
CM: Gana Garner Iroegbunam

AM: Doucoure Ndiaye
W: McNeil Harrison Lindstrom
ST: DCL Beto Chermiti Maupay

Hopefully we can add Mangala & another winger for depth. I think Harrison Armstrong could be included at 4th CM given his minutes.

I think Thelwell has done a stellar job this window as we seem to have recruited quality & quantity. Obvious risk over the depth at fullback however.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Obvious risk over the depth at fullback however.

I’d love Kyle Walker-Peters if there was any budget to do something - last 12 months of his contract and unlikely to sign. Russell Martin has basically said their owners would accept a suitable bid and it’s out of his hands.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It looks like it'll just be Mangala today at the moment.

Think so… maybe Holgate leaves too.

It’s been a decent window overall but we’re desperate for pace out wide.

Nuamah, Gnonto, Nelson, Fellows have all been mentioned - still a chance one gets done but would be massively surprised now.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Think so… maybe Holgate leaves too.

It’s been a decent window overall but we’re desperate for pace out wide.

Nuamah, Gnonto, Nelson, Fellows have all been mentioned - still a chance one gets done but would be massively surprised now.

I think with Holgate's rumored move to Lyon falling apart, I fear we're stuck with him again

13 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think with Holgate's rumored move to Lyon falling apart, I fear we're stuck with him again

…and probably rules out Nuamah now. Holgate will go to a Championship team though so there’s at least that.

39 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Pleasantly surprised by how good a window we have had, kept DCL, Pickford and Branthwaite and made way more signings than I expected

Personally I think the squad still looks a little threadbare , could have done with RB, LB and at least one pacy winger, but it now looks stronger and more balanced than the squad that finished last season

Absolutely agree. The Broja deal at the last minute cemented it for me. Hopefully, Ndiaye can provide a spark and get some proper service to whoever plays up front.

The squad looks good enough to stay up which is all I'm bothered about at the moment!  

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Really happy with this window.

Got rid of a couple of players.

Brought in some young hungry players. 

Kept hold of our assets.

No fullbacks no pacy winger we’ve needed fullbacks for like 2/3 years 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Pleasantly surprised by how good a window we have had, kept DCL, Pickford and Branthwaite and made way more signings than I expected

Personally I think the squad still looks a little threadbare , could have done with RB, LB and at least one pacy winger, but it now looks stronger and more balanced than the squad that finished last season

2 of which don’t want to be here. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We were never going to be able to deal with all of our problems this summer with the limited finances we have, so we had to prioritise the business we did and I think we prioritised correctly.

Yes, we're going to have to hope we get lucky with injuries in certain areas but it is what it is. Until we're on a better financial footing that's the way it has to be.

I do wish we'd managed to get a pacy winger but we were clearly trying to and just couldn't get one over the line.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Fingers crossed 🤞 our new recruits settle in it’s just a pity we didn’t get Nuamah 

It is, but think that would have been the cherry on top.

Im liking a Ndiaye so far. Think he’s just going to get better. 
Lindstrom looks like he needs time to settle.