IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window 2024

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

It’s the ‘new’ (last few years) trend… 3rd choice OAP keeper who’s just there to train and in case of emergency. Loads of clubs do it - Lonergan’s replacement. Scott Carson’s got the best gig for this - fair play to them.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's our number 2 goalkeeper :lol:.

do we think things are going to ramp up in the final week of this transfer window? To me a lot of clubs including ourselves need to chop some dead wood away, there could be some real bargains going as clubs look trim their wage bill.

I just hope we don't do the usual of putting all out eggs in to one basket for a player who is unlikley to come here and end up missing out on bringing players in over the final few days. 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Why? We've had a positive window so far. 

When I see the new recruits playing and performing well then I might be a bit more relaxed we will know in a couple of months where we stand I’m expecting to be in the bottom 3/4 for a while. 

21 hours ago, patto said:

When I see the new recruits playing and performing well then I might be a bit more relaxed we will know in a couple of months where we stand I’m expecting to be in the bottom 3/4 for a while. 

Thought you could tell straight away :P

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought you could tell straight away :P

Playing and performing ?

I am worried though I look at Forest and think they will be alright Ipswich have bought virtually a new team 

I’m hoping Southampton will be below us so I’m looking for 2 others 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Playing and performing ?

I am worried though I look at Forest and think they will be alright Ipswich have bought virtually a new team 

Forest will continue to struggle with a bloated squad of mercenaries and Ipswich have a job on their hands to incorporate the players that got them there with all the new signings without destroying the team spirit. Southampton I've not paid any attention to, didn't even know they'd been promoted :lol:

23 minutes ago, Harv said:

If memory serves Southampton is our very last home game.

Lets hope we a sitting comfortably mid table by then.

Nice to know they are our last game that makes me feel a bit better 

4 hours ago, patto said:

Playing and performing ?

Brentford could be one of those 2, they played poorly last quarter of last season and I see them struggling this season, also Bournemouth will have a tough season, but the likelihood is that the 3 who came up will be the 3 who go down. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Brentford could be one of those 2, they played poorly last quarter of last season and I see them struggling this season, also Bournemouth will have a tough season, but the likelihood is that the 3 who came up will be the 3 who go down. 

I hope so but I have a feeling Ipswich will survive 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nobody has mentioned Leicester. Number one red hot favourites to go imo.

100% for me, Leicester will go. I think they'd be there or thereabouts anyway but their deduction will really hit them where it hurts. 

Ipswich I think will put up a fight, but may go - Southampton will for sure unless they bring in a striker.