IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window 2024

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No, we’re resigned to hi signing another contract, or not accepting it. 
Who would you rather have?

Honestly out of the loop on realistic targets for us up front, just haven't heard much apart from Broja and Abraham.  Don't both with dodgy knees, dont' think I'd go for either.  I'm of course hoping we have our silent transfer assasin Thelwell cooking something up, but it feels to me like we've spent just about everything possible already and are focusing on other areas of the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Honestly out of the loop on realistic targets for us up front, just haven't heard much apart from Broja and Abraham.  Don't both with dodgy knees, dont' think I'd go for either.  I'm of course hoping we have our silent transfer assasin Thelwell cooking something up, but it feels to me like we've spent just about everything possible already and are focusing on other areas of the pitch. 

Thelwell is filling me with hope of I’m honest, all his signings have been great so far… younger, faster and hungrier.

29 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I feel like I’m beating dead horse, but who in the squad do you all feel comfortable relying on at rb? I’m still shocked that we haven’t been linked with anyone there. 

Weren't we linked with Preciado?

39 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Weren't we linked with Preciado?

Maybe. Certainly there weren’t links that I consider to be concrete.

Regardless, it seems most people would prefer CM or Winger additions to rb, and I’m curious who those people see playing rb that make them feel comfortable. 

21 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I feel like I’m beating dead horse, but who in the squad do you all feel comfortable relying on at rb? I’m still shocked that we haven’t been linked with anyone there. 

Coleman if he’s fit, Patterson if not. Though I’m not sure Dyche feels the same. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Coleman if he’s fit, Patterson if not. Though I’m not sure Dyche feels the same. 

Certainly don't want to rely on Seamus, though I'm happy to have him out there when he's fit. I'd be fine running Patto out there and let him learn from his mistakes, but I'd be shocked if Dyche plays him over Young.

Just now, Matt Tiger said:

Certainly don't want to rely on Seamus, though I'm happy to have him out there when he's fit. I'd be fine running Patto out there and let him learn from his mistakes, but I'd be shocked if Dyche plays him over Young.

Young is in the squad to be a back up, he knows that. But if form is poor he’ll end up playing. Unfortunately for Patterson, last season his form was poor enough to not keep his place. I hope he does better this season. 

23 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Patti doesn’t learn from his mistakes mate. 

I’ve tried discussing with him on here but it’s like trying to talk to Haf! 

9 hours ago, c1982 said:

Leeds are reportedly in for Jordan James (cm at Birmingham) and Jonathon Rowe (winger at Norwich) - both young and stood out in the Championship last season. 2 players I’d love to see us in for.

Hopefully Rowe is their replacement for Gnonto. 

IN: Iroegbunam, Ndiaye, O'Brien
OUT: Dobbin, Godfrey, Onana
LOAN IN: Harrison, Lindstrom
LOAN OUT: Onyango
NEW CONTRACT: Coleman, Young
YOUTH: Dixon, Benjamin, Armstrong, Moonan, Morgan

Squad depth:
GK: Pickford Virginia Crellin
RB: Coleman Patterson
CB: Tark Branthwaite Keane Holgate O'Brien
LB: Myko Young
CM: Gana Doucoure Garner Iroegbunam

AM: Lindstrom Ndiaye
W: McNeil Harrison
ST: DCL Beto Chermiti Maupay

23 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I honestly don't see us bringing in anyone else before the window closes

Agreed. If DCL somehow goes then I'd imagine we have replacement options in mind but other than that I think we're done. Still a very good window for me.

43 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Agreed. If DCL somehow goes then I'd imagine we have replacement options in mind but other than that I think we're done. Still a very good window for me.

It'll be a deadline day merry-go-round if it's going to happen at all. I imagine he'll sign or be sold in January depending on where we are in the table and his performances.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

It'll be a deadline day merry-go-round if it's going to happen at all. I imagine he'll sign or be sold in January depending on where we are in the table and his performances.

Sign for who ?

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Begovic is coming back.

Fucking hell.

It’s the ‘new’ (last few years) trend… 3rd choice OAP keeper who’s just there to train and in case of emergency. Loads of clubs do it - Lonergan’s replacement. Scott Carson’s got the best gig for this - fair play to them.