IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window 2024

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The transfer window is now open.

I don't think it's going to be a very pleasant experience for us but lets see.

Oh it's gonna be rough. Next season is too, at least to watch. 

Current squad:

Released: Lonergan, Dele (maybe?), Gomes, Harrison (loan end), Danjuma (loan end) 

GK - Pickford, JVirginia
RB - Patterson, Coleman, Young
CB - Tarky, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate
LB - Myko
CM - Onana, Garner, Doucoure, Gana
W - McNeil, Dobbin
ST - DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

Contract expires 2025: JVirginia, Keane, Young, Coleman, Godfrey, Doucoure, Gana, DCL, Dobbin, Holgate, Maupay

We've got a pretty solid core to build on but our depth is shocking. 

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

And realistically you'd expect min of two of them to move on (Holgate/Maipay) if not more.

we badly need reinforcements in most areas really 

Hopefully Thelwell can weave some magic.

If the Villa lad is anything to go by then he’s certainly trying to move us forward in the right way. 

33 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

And realistically you'd expect min of two of them to move on (Holgate/Maipay) if not more.

we badly need reinforcements in most areas really 

Any interest in that pair? No, I thought not.

On 18/06/2024 at 15:18, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Current squad:

Released: Lonergan, Dele (maybe?), Gomes, Harrison (loan end), Danjuma (loan end) 

GK - Pickford, JVirginia
RB - Patterson, Coleman, Young
CB - Tarky, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate
LB - Myko
CM - Onana, Garner, Doucoure, Gana
W - McNeil, Dobbin
ST - DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

Contract expires 2025: JVirginia, Keane, Young, Coleman, Godfrey, Doucoure, Gana, DCL, Dobbin, Holgate, Maupay

We've got a pretty solid core to build on but our depth is shocking. 

If you think about it, it's quite amazing we did so well last season on such a threadbare squad.

do we think anyting else will happen Everton wise before tomorrows mini deadline? I would guess only possible one might be Mintah in - becasue Newcastle look like they need to sell - I think £25M ish would do it, but guess for that to happen maybe somebody might have to be moved on. Sounds like Brighton might have nipped in on this one, as they don't need to sell, so they may see a bargain to be had. 

I think maybe 30% chance of something happening that involves us. 

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

do we think anyting else will happen Everton wise before tomorrows mini deadline? I would guess only possible one might be Mintah in - becasue Newcastle look like they need to sell - I think £25M ish would do it, but guess for that to happen maybe somebody might have to be moved on. Sounds like Brighton might have nipped in on this one, as they don't need to sell, so they may see a bargain to be had. 

I think maybe 30% chance of something happening that involves us. 

Newcastle are in talks with Forest for Elanga, and Minteh is one of the players they've offered as part of it. I don't see him signing for us now, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Newcastle are in talks with Forest for Elanga, and Minteh is one of the players they've offered as part of it. I don't see him signing for us now, unfortunately.

yeah, I read that. Not sure how moving Elanga helps Forest that much unless they are able to demand a very decent profit (I guess Man U have some resale grab as well) on what they paid last summer.

I don't see him signing for us either. However, it is encouraging that we appear to be looking at fast young wingers, so if not Mintah, I am sure it will be another after 30th June.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day in seeing what 'swap' deals materialise. Back to transfer window as normal afterward. 

So with lots of talk about PSR / FFP and I hear today 30/06,  is a deadline, can we expect to see a few players coming and going.

Not necessarily us but in general. I find it all a bit confusing.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Harv said:

So with lots of talk about PSR / FFP and I hear today 30/06,  is a deadline, can we expect to see a few players coming and going.

Not necessarily us but in general. I find it all a bit confusing.

Cheers.

We might see a player going, but no chance anyone comes in today. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

We might see a player going, but no chance anyone comes in today. 

Unless it’s a mutually beneficial deal like we did with Villa and sought with Newcastle with DCL/Minteh.

Transfer business as usual I guess. 

Lets hope we now have our finances in order - and this season now sees the start of a new dawn at Everton, hopefully an new owner a brand new stadium compleate. This could help our annual accounts massively - potentially a three (or even four) pronged attack leading to significant more revenue. 

- Debt turned in to owner equity - significant savings made on annual interest payable (say £20M a year saved in interest to certain groups)

- A total vamp of our commercial side of the business, it has been as shocking under Moshiri (say extra £10M)

- New Stadium and all that goes with it (I have read it could generate the club an additional £60M a year)

- Some massive players now off our books (just Dele and Gomez this summer) - (£10M) 

so some basic sums and we could quite easy be looking at generating addition revenue of £80-100M a year in the upcoming coming seasons. OK, will not see it all this season, but with amortisisation of players, in a way over the next two or three transfer windows we can now begin to factor additional money in to our forward planning. I buy no means mean go out and spend frantically like we have been done in the past, but we can go out and begin to get in on the act of investing in the top youth players from around europe and beyond as investments rather than just having to buy players to simply try keep us from being relegated!.  

The sooner the better new ownership is rubber stamped as think this will be a massive catalyst. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Transfer business as usual I guess. 

Lets hope we now have our finances in order - and this season now sees the start of a new dawn at Everton, hopefully an new owner a brand new stadium compleate. This could help our annual accounts massively - potentially a three (or even four) pronged attack leading to significant more revenue. 

- Debt turned in to owner equity - significant savings made on annual interest payable (say £20M a year saved in interest to certain groups)

- A total vamp of our commercial side of the business, it has been as shocking under Moshiri (say extra £10M)

- New Stadium and all that goes with it (I have read it could generate the club an additional £60M a year)

- Some massive players now off our books (just Dele and Gomez this summer) - (£10M) 

so some basic sums and we could quite easy be looking at generating addition revenue of £80-100M a year in the upcoming coming seasons. OK, will not see it all this season, but with amortisisation of players, in a way over the next two or three transfer windows we can now begin to factor additional money in to our forward planning. I buy no means mean go out and spend frantically like we have been done in the past, but we can go out and begin to get in on the act of investing in the top youth players from around europe and beyond as investments rather than just having to buy players to simply try keep us from being relegated!.  

The sooner the better new ownership is rubber stamped as think this will be a massive catalyst. 

I think the whole club seems to understand that it's very unlikely to simply spend your way to CL contention. We have to be ok with a middle of the table team for a few years as we continue to build our foundation of talent. This is teh first time in years it seems like the club has a realistic view of the roadmap towards getting back to where we all want to me. In fairness, we were basically led to this realistic picture at gunpoint, but nonetheless...

In the past few years we have missed out on some really great opertunities, a few just of the top of my head are - Dias, Nunes, Kudus,  all players we where heavily linked with but just couldn't get over the line becasuse of the financial strain we have been under for the past few seasons. All of them have shone in the PL, but we missed the boat with them all - maybe an extra £5M at the time may have been enough to get these deal done. All would have resulted in us having better players for a season or so, and then making a significant profit on there sales.

What I am looking forward is actually getting to a position when we can actually make thedeals that we have been missing out on. IDing player and ultimately missing out and then seeing them shine elsewhere has been gauling.  

If the plan isn’t to have doucoure sit deeper (with ndiaye incoming) and garner to play rb on a more permanent basis then we better see some more concrete rb links coming around. I can’t handle another year of Coleman (bless his geriatric heart) and Patto

11 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

If the plan isn’t to have doucoure sit deeper (with ndiaye incoming) and garner to play rb on a more permanent basis then we better see some more concrete rb links coming around. I can’t handle another year of Coleman (bless his geriatric heart) and Patto

Don't worry, Young signed for another year too.