IGNORED

March in London

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree with all you have said accept the paraphrasing of Oscar Wilde i

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Couldn't agree more. Well said.  

We're all agreed then, power to the people!

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

We're all agreed then, power to the people!

I'm pretty sure you are well aware of the views he made that I'm aligned with. 

Palfy seems to be able to make the distinction between the points I make and how they aren't associated with the likes of Robinson et al. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm pretty sure you are well aware of the views he made that I'm aligned with. 

Palfy seems to be able to make the distinction between the points I make and how they aren't associated with the likes of Robinson et al. 

Then you need to make them in a different thread, this one is about Saturday's march, a purely bigot driven exercise that you seem to be being an apologist for.

I'm sure there are some sensible ideas mixed in with the (in my opinion) pseudo-intellectual bollocks that you're banging on about, but when you descend to throwing "ultra-woke" into the pot I switch off.

"Woke" is now nothing more than a right wing construct...

There’s a lot of talk these days about new political tribes, so allow me to introduce another one: the “anti-woke”. The first curious thing to note about members of this group is that they define themselves in opposition to an identity that doesn’t actually exist. They are anti-woke, even though there is no “woke”.

Woke – a term once used by African Americans to denote people who were alert to racism and social injustice – has been retired. As is often the case with black innovations, overuse by the white mainstream killed off its authenticity. Today, the person using the word is likely to be a rightwing culture warrior angry at a phenomenon that lives mainly in their imagination.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/26/equality-woke-police-rightwing-minorities

Bang on!

When asked for examples of "woke" people Gary Linekar is trotted out...or Carol Vordeman...neither of whom hold any power. Who are the "woke" in influential places? It's certainly not the vast majority of the mainstream press, it's not the government...who is it? I'll tell you who it is, its nobody, it's a social media invention that's used to bash anyone who actually care about people, care about the environment, care about refugees, care about the future.

I spent the weekend (caution, virtue signalling alert) with cancer patients and their families, we talked a lot about the care they get/have got from doctors, nurses, orderlies, volunteers, cleaners, hospice staff, ward managers, radiologists, radiographers and god knows who else. I've been "lucky" enough to meet dozens of these people in the last decade, they come from every corner of the globe, and from round the corner. "Woke" bastards the lot of them...probably some ultras. Salt of the earth...all of the earth, not just "our" insignificant little bit.

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Then you need to make them in a different thread, this one is about Saturday's march, a purely bigot driven exercise that you seem to be being an apologist for.

I'm sure there are some sensible ideas mixed in with the (in my opinion) pseudo-intellectual bollocks that you're banging on about, but when you descend to throwing "ultra-woke" into the pot I switch off.

"Woke" is now nothing more than a right wing construct...

There’s a lot of talk these days about new political tribes, so allow me to introduce another one: the “anti-woke”. The first curious thing to note about members of this group is that they define themselves in opposition to an identity that doesn’t actually exist. They are anti-woke, even though there is no “woke”.

Woke – a term once used by African Americans to denote people who were alert to racism and social injustice – has been retired. As is often the case with black innovations, overuse by the white mainstream killed off its authenticity. Today, the person using the word is likely to be a rightwing culture warrior angry at a phenomenon that lives mainly in their imagination.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/26/equality-woke-police-rightwing-minorities

Bang on!

When asked for examples of "woke" people Gary Linekar is trotted out...or Carol Vordeman...neither of whom hold any power. Who are the "woke" in influential places? It's certainly not the vast majority of the mainstream press, it's not the government...who is it? I'll tell you who it is, its nobody, it's a social media invention that's used to bash anyone who actually care about people, care about the environment, care about refugees, care about the future.

I spent the weekend (caution, virtue signalling alert) with cancer patients and their families, we talked a lot about the care they get/have got from doctors, nurses, orderlies, volunteers, cleaners, hospice staff, ward managers, radiologists, radiographers and god knows who else. I've been "lucky" enough to meet dozens of these people in the last decade, they come from every corner of the globe, and from round the corner. "Woke" bastards the lot of them...probably some ultras. Salt of the earth...all of the earth, not just "our" insignificant little bit.

Yeah I spend 95% of my time with a person who has nursed children specifically for over 20 years and therefore have spent a fair chunk of my time with her colleagues who do similar types of roles ..... morally supported her staying at a staff nurse band getting real pay cuts cos she didn't want to be a sister and in an office despite it affecting our household income ....  so what?  

Do they have a cookie cutter view on policies? - no. You'd be quite surprised that there is a variety of views but very similar concerns. Maybe people who dedicate their lives to actually being caring don't feel the need to demonstrate superficial performative wokeness in order to feel good about themselves. Therefore what they say is less of a thing and what they do is more.  

There is a mental health crisis going on with children right now - eating disorders, suicides, gender dysmorphia, abuse (domestic and being victims of grooming gangs... north Wirral especially), with social media and all the bullshit that goes with it.  I think when nurses see children affected the way that they are by children not being protected then you won't be surprised to find that many quite frankly intolerant of the shit that the far left subscribe to. 

our social service system is shit, policing is shit, parents don't know how their children are being manipulated into thinking that they are male/female/neither.... some actually are confused on the influence of their parents. 

Ever stood up and prepared to get punched defending a black friend Mike? ever spoke up for an Indian colleague to managers cos you felt that she was being treated unfairly? - not the types of behaviour that an bigot march apologist makes is it..... maybe I'm just not a virtue signaller.