IGNORED

Yankuba Minteh

39 minutes ago, patto said:

Gutted over this being off it’s dashed our plans unless we do a similar deal with someone else we get nothing like 37m both his and minteh price’s we’re inflated for PSR if it’s a straight transfer we would be lucky to get 20/25m but either way we need to move him on. 

I sure hope one transfer not happening isn't "dashing our plans" cause if so, KT and team need firing.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The fact that we're doing business early tells me we have a plan, so there's no reason to be worried IMO.

The only thing I worry about is DCL leaving for nothing next summer 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Oh lord, my apologies. Let me fix that then.

sure hope two transfers not happening isn't "dashing our plans" cause if so, KT and team need firing.

We don't want to fire anyone at the moment we want stability 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's plenty of time left in the window for it to get sorted one way or another before you need to worry about it.

id like to know what went wrong with the deal I'm guessing length of contract I hope he never failed a medical.

7 hours ago, patto said:

Alan Myers doesn’t expect DCL to sign a new contract with us to be honest I want him to leave now. 
we will have to lower his valuation if need be. 

The transfer window is open for about 11 more weeks. No need to lower his valuation at all. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The transfer window is open for about 11 more weeks. No need to lower his valuation at all. 

When I say now I don’t mean immediately what I’m saying is I don’t want him to sign another contract with us. 

On 25/06/2024 at 20:48, patto said:

When I say now I don’t mean immediately what I’m saying is I don’t want him to sign another contract with us. 

Are you talking about D-CL or Minty guy? And why wouldn't you have us sign another contract with D-CL?

20 minutes ago, Sev said:

Are you talking about D-CL or Minty guy? And why wouldn't you have us sign another contract with D-CL?

I just think he’s a big risk with his past injury record plus his agent is touting him around. 
plus as far as we know his contract as been on the table for a few weeks and he hasn’t signed I don’t want Everton to be his last option. 

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

You want to swap a prime, fit, seasoned premier league player for potential? 

Yes I’d take the prime fit with a pinch of salt. 
he cost 1.5 million weve had 6/7 years out of him so as far as I’m concerned he goes with our blessing he wants a contract that we obviously aren’t offering. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

I just think he’s a big risk with his past injury record plus his agent is touting him around. 
plus as far as we know his contract as been on the table for a few weeks and he hasn’t signed I don’t want Everton to be his last option. 

All agents are arses towards the clubs, fans and sometimes even the players.

Perhaps it's just negotiating, patto. You know, length, bonuses, options etc. Players and their agents want the best deal possible; they're professionels and it's their job to get most out of the clubs whether we like it or not.

Also, Calvert-Lewin already knows the club, Dyche, team mates, trainers, and the fans. He should be in his prime and personalyl I'd like to see him play for us next season. That is unless he and his agent won't accept the contract.

25 minutes ago, Sev said:

All agents are arses towards the clubs, fans and sometimes even the players.

Perhaps it's just negotiating, patto. You know, length, bonuses, options etc. Players and their agents want the best deal possible; they're professionels and it's their job to get most out of the clubs whether we like it or not.

Also, Calvert-Lewin already knows the club, Dyche, team mates, trainers, and the fans. He should be in his prime and personalyl I'd like to see him play for us next season. That is unless he and his agent won't accept the contract.

I think maybe Everton have plans for him moving on and don't offer him the contract He wants that's what they did with Tom Davies.

6 hours ago, patto said:

Both Everton and Newcastle should have been more sensible about the deal maybe just a straight swop. 

I think this is the actual sticking point. 

If Lyon have bid 40M Euros (so around £37M) then that's kind of what Minteh is worth -i.e simply what another club is will pay (may not be good value, but its what he's worth).

Isn't the fee being banded around by media is that Everton want £37M for DCL.

So putting two and two together this suggest to me that Everton as after a straight swap for Minteh - except rather just a swap, both clubs would pay each other a near identical fee for PSR purposes.

I have to admit if Everton where trying to buy a player with DCL's recent history then we as fans would not be happy seeing us shell out £37M for a player who missed best part of two seasons injured, followed by a season of struggling to find the net - so DCL being in his prime is debatable. We all know what he's worth fit and albe to play, but we all also know him being fit isn't a given. 

My guess is that Newcastle want DCL plus maybe around an additional £10M for Minteh. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think this is the actual sticking point. 

If Lyon have bid 40M Euros (so around £37M) then that's kind of what Minteh is worth -i.e simply what another club is will pay (may not be good value, but its what he's worth).

Isn't the fee being banded around by media is that Everton want £37M for DCL.

So putting two and two together this suggest to me that Everton as after a straight swap for Minteh - except rather just a swap, both clubs would pay each other a near identical fee for PSR purposes.

I have to admit if Everton where trying to buy a player with DCL's recent history then we as fans would not be happy seeing us shell out £37M for a player who missed best part of two seasons injured, followed by a season of struggling to find the net - so DCL being in his prime is debatable. We all know what he's worth fit and albe to play, but we all also know him being fit isn't a given. 

My guess is that Newcastle want DCL plus maybe around an additional £10M for Minteh. 

We will never know now I think  opportunity has gone now so let’s see what happens with DCL 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

You want to swap a prime, fit, seasoned premier league player for potential? 

This is quite a rosy outlook on DCL. 14 goals in 3 seasons, partly due to a lack of availability does not make me think prime or fit. He’s not young in the league anymore, I think it’s more likely than not his best is behind him. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

This is quite a rosy outlook on DCL. 14 goals in 3 seasons, partly due to a lack of availability does not make me think prime or fit. He’s not young in the league anymore, I think it’s more likely than not his best is behind him. 

Nearly every footballer around 27 is coming into their physical peak, that's what I mean. He's easily got another 7 years left and he'll get clever and sneakier. 

He should score more but I don't look at him as the goal source and you could argue it's lack of service. But he contributes to all of our attacking play and scores big goals when needed. 

None of that is rosy glasses. That's just the situation.