IGNORED

Summer news 24/25 - kits/friendlies/fixtures etc.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s similar to cricket but a lot more boring. 

It's similar to rounders. Cricket isn't remotely the same except for a stick and ball :lol: all three are dull as anything to watch so they have that in common I guess

I was in the USA two times. Last time for a whole year. Was dragged to watch a NFL game in Chicago, a baseball game in Indianapolis ... was quite boring to me. Also saw a few basketball games in Michigan City which were considerably more interesting.

Off topic, sorry.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

I was in the USA two times. Last time for a whole year. Was dragged to watch a NFL game in Chicago, a baseball game in Indianapolis ... was quite boring to me. Also saw a few basketball games in Michigan City which were considerably more interesting.

Off topic, sorry.

Off topic is on topic when it comes to TT.

What in find odd about US sports (I love NFL) is the fan chants - I've been to both a Yankees/Red Sox and NY Giants/Washington game (so both rivalries) and the best chants were "Boston suck"....now I'm not saying we want vile racist chants but can they not come Up with something more creative. 

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

What in find odd about US sports (I love NFL) is the fan chants - I've been to both a Yankees/Red Sox and NY Giants/Washington game (so both rivalries) and the best chants were "Boston suck"....now I'm not saying we want vile racist chants but can they not come Up with something more creative. 

Defense, defense, defense! Offense, offense, offense! Doesn't get your blood pumping? What is wrong with you.

I used the American spelling to comfort them. Don't have a go.

I wasn't sure where to put this question, so I've dumped it in here...

I'm going to be up in Europe for awhile and really keen to get to my first (and last) game at Goodison, with the Bournemouth and Palace games my only possibilities. 

The Everton ticket pages just come up with a 404 error, is that supposed to be where the tickets will go on sale?  If so, how long before the matches? 

I've also read that there might be a loyalty points system in play, am I going to have any chance without points?

Would greatly appreciate if anybody could shed some light on the process.

2 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

I'm going to be up in Europe for awhile and really keen to get to my first (and last) game at Goodison, with the Bournemouth and Palace games my only possibilities. 

The Everton ticket pages just come up with a 404 error, is that supposed to be where the tickets will go on sale?  If so, how long before the matches? 

I've also read that there might be a loyalty points system in play, am I going to have any chance without points?

Hey mate, try the facebook group Everton Supporters Club Australia. They are the official supporters group for Aus & get an allocation of tickets.

4 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Would be more than happy to buy them for you and send them via email

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Surely NEXT SEASON we are doing 4 team pre season competition at the new stadium. Sell off some sponsorship rights eg “Toyota Cup” (Friedkin owns gulf state Toyota), first game against Roma with 2 other big team, preferably Spanish & French/German. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Surely we are doing 4 team pre season competition at the new stadium. Sell off some sponsorship rights eg “Toyota Cup” (Friedkin owns gulf state Toyota), first game against Roma with 2 other big team, preferably Spanish & French/German. 

Considering it's announced as the last friendly...

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The tweet literally says it's the last Goodison pre-season friendly...

Apologies, evidentially it was ambiguous that I meant for next season (given that our new stadium is not built yet). I have edited it. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Looking at the calendar @Shukes I don’t see where they will put another one in pre season. I’d be shocked if there was another. 

I’ll be taking the little one to the Roma game. 

Look out for the guy in a blue shirt waving…. That’s me!