IGNORED

Summer news 24/25 - kits/friendlies/fixtures etc.

We have offered absolutely no attacking threat and it's not a surprise because it's the same 'attacking' players we had last season that have done most of the work tonight. Ndiaye looked bright but he was taken off at half time weirdly. McNeil and Harrison are really poor wide players and anyone that thinks we don't need anyone else for that position after Lindstrom is mad. Doucoure has just run around since he came on.

We looked really shite defensively as well and that's also not a surprise because we're playing with our 4th and 5th choice CB's, and the full backs are Young and Coleman.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yep.

Virginia is definitely not good enough as a back up. Nowhere near really.

He’s been awful. The friendly last week he conceded horrible goals. He most likely needs to go out on loan as he’s just stagnating here.

Just now, Shukes said:

He’s been awful. The friendly last week he conceded horrible goals. He most likely needs to go out on loan as he’s just stagnating here.

He's been out on loan plenty, but then usually gets dropped and doesn't play much. I think we're seeing why.

I always thought there was a chance he could be good enough but he's just not, sadly.

I switched off after we went 2-0 down, that’s not a team of players working for each other, that was so poor we were the weakest team in every department, out fought out played and out of the game, yes it was only a friendly but you use friendlies to get some confidence for the beginning of the season proper, at this rate we will be going into the season with no confidence or belief at all. 

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's been out on loan plenty, but then usually gets dropped and doesn't play much. I think we're seeing why.

I always thought there was a chance he could be good enough but he's just not, sadly.

Definitely, has to be replaced with somebody capable who can step up if Pickford is out other wise we are stuffed.

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Is that your adopted brother?

It’s ok to say it… another word for Prophet is Bullshit haha. 
But I know you’re such a nice and reserved guy…. You wouldn’t hurt my feelings 😉

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s ok to say it… another word for Prophet is Bullshit haha. 
But I know you’re such a nice and reserved guy…. You wouldn’t hurt my feelings 😉

Read your post again, mate, you've called him Prophet Shuker...

Just watched the game. I know it’s pre season & it is easy to over react but we were awful.

Yes it’s a make shift back 5 & we really can’t have more than 1 of them playing & expect much.

Attacking though is scary because that wasn’t a weak line up & they looked shite.

Young Tim looks a solid player, great effort from him.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He and Ndiaye were the only bright spots.

Good to know they are settling and impressing the manager.

I don't tend to not bother watching pre season games, (other than the last one at Goodison) as it pretty much a waste of time, so glad I went mountain bike last night instead. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Going by Dyche's comments we will only be making more signings if and when others go out the door.

Who else could we conceivably let go? Besides Dom and Branthwaite, I haven't heard a peep on anyone else being touted with a move away

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Who else could we conceivably let go? Besides Dom and Branthwaite, I haven't heard a peep on anyone else being touted with a move away

Ask the prophet.

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maupay, Holgate, Keane.

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I feel like we've been saying Keane's name as someone who will move in every transfer window since he got here... 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maupay, Holgate, Keane.

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I’ll be delighted to see the back of two of them, I have a slight soft spot for Keane as he’s scored some vital goals, doesn’t off set the number of goals he’s cost us though.