IGNORED

Goodison Park / 1892-2025

20 minutes ago, c1982 said:

A chap behind me started booing when Holgate was brought on - yes, I agree Holgate is shite but to boo when one of our players is being brought on is a little counterproductive in my opinion. Anyway, I turned round to see a 60(ish) year old, fat, bald bloke (all acceptable attributes before anyone takes offence) wearing a plastic blue bowler hat (not acceptable) - I couldn’t help but chuckle and called it a day soon after as it had peaked!

There were a lot of boo's when Holgate came on. It was embarrassing.

One day I'm going to have murder with one of our fans so if you see someone getting dragged out by the stewards shouting "fucking dickheads" it's probably me.

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There were a lot of boo's when Holgate came on. It was embarrassing.

One day I'm going to have murder with one of our fans so if you see someone getting dragged out by the stewards "shouting fucking dickheads" it's probably me.

I never ever boo Everton or our players no matter how bad it is and stay till the end I’ve never seen Goodison so empty as today at the end 

16 minutes ago, patto said:

I never ever boo Everton or our players no matter how bad it is and stay till the end I’ve never seen Goodison so empty as today at the end 

I don’t ever boo our players but will leave early if the result is clear (always after 90mins) - win or lose - it can be the difference between a 2hr or 3hr journey home down the M6.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

A chap behind me started booing when Holgate was brought on - yes, I agree Holgate is shite but to boo when one of our players is being brought on is a little counterproductive in my opinion. Anyway, I turned round to see a 60(ish) year old, fat, bald bloke (all acceptable attributes before anyone takes offence) wearing a plastic blue bowler hat (not acceptable) - I couldn’t help but chuckle and called it a day soon after as it had peaked!

That was me last year...not actually me, that'd be really weird...but I fitted the description; fortunately I've changed the one facet of the description that it was within my power to take control of. I had a hair transplant:P

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

I don’t ever boo our players but will leave early if the result is clear (always after 90mins) - win or lose - it can be the difference between a 2hr or 3hr journey home down the M6.

Turned to the lad next to me when they announced 9 mins and we all kind said "what have we done to deserve that?!"

I'll never leave early because I don't have that constraint and it's still rare that I can find a ticket but yesterday did help me understand a little why people do.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Turned to the lad next to me when they announced 9 mins and we all kind said "what have we done to deserve that?!"

I'll never leave early because I don't have that constraint and it's still rare that I can find a ticket but yesterday did help me understand a little why people do.

My soul almost left my body when the 9 minutes was announced, and then when there was about a minute of it to go a Brighton player went down to receive treatment and all I could think was this is just going to mean even more time added on, please get the fuck up.

15 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Ben Foster said on his podcast that teams would actively try and frustrate Everton, as they knew how quickly into the game the crowd could turn. It absolutely infuriated me how negative people would be in the crowd, week in and week out and the same people would be moaning about anything from the formation to the angle of the corner flags. 

I've said it before, going to Goodison is a pretty depressing experience. We have amazing fans (looking at you ToffeeTalkers) but I think the main bulk of our fanbase are entitled, moaning bellends.

When he said this on the podcast and it got out into the media there seemed to be an uplift in the atmosphere. Like people wanted to prove it’s not true. I think Foster helped us by saying that at the time. 

He’s not wrong though, fans all around the country talk about how much we boo our own team. Even the media (and comedy/parody media) take the piss out of us for it. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

When he said this on the podcast and it got out into the media there seemed to be an uplift in the atmosphere. Like people wanted to prove it’s not true. I think Foster helped us by saying that at the time. 

He’s not wrong though, fans all around the country talk about how much we boo our own team. Even the media (and comedy/parody media) take the piss out of us for it. 

When Holgate was getting booed coming on I turned to the fella next to me and said I hate some of our fans. It pissed me right off when they did it to Anichebe coming on a few years ago too.

There were some boos when Dom went off as well but I don't know if that was for Dom himself or just the weird sub.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If the top teams fell to the depths we have for years on end they would be no different I’ve heard them all get boo’d over the years and none have suffered the way we have. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

If the top teams fell to the depths we have for years on end they would be no different I’ve heard them all get boo’d over the years and none have suffered the way we have. 

Disagree, I think a lot of the rich teams would just lose interest. I think it would've killed other clubs were it not for our fanbase.

10 hours ago, patto said:

You understand that football clubs come to Goodison Park and use our fan base against the team?
It doesn’t matter about what’s come before. Actual professional football clubs use us against our players, tactically. We should be embarrassed about that. 
Professional and experienced football managers want to make me influence my own football team into playing badly. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

You understand that football clubs come to Goodison Park and use our fan base against the team?
It doesn’t matter about what’s come before. Actual professional football clubs use us against our players, tactically. We should be embarrassed about that. 
Professional and experienced football managers want to make me influence my own football team into playing badly. 

I think that’s a load of shite you’ve heard one crap player say that I’ve heard lots of players and managers say they hate coming to Goodison because of the fans and atmosphere. 
be embarrassed about being an Everton Fan never in my lifetime I’ve been to finals against Liverpool and cried because we’ve lost but never have I boo’d them. 
Be embarrassed never. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

I think that’s a load of shite you’ve heard one crap player say that I’ve heard lots of players and managers say they hate coming to Goodison because of the fans and atmosphere. 
be embarrassed about being an Everton Fan never in my lifetime I’ve been to finals against Liverpool and cried because we’ve lost but never have I boo’d them. 
Be embarrassed never. 

Think away but it absolutely happens. You don't think BHA were goading fans after their first against the run of play? 

Our fans can be a force for good but the crowd is so fucking fickle it is embarrassing and it works against us more than it should work for us. 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Think away but it absolutely happens. You don't think BHA were goading fans after their first against the run of play? 

Our fans can be a force for good but the crowd is so fucking fickle it is embarrassing and it works against us more than it should work for us. 

You know what you and stev0 can be embarrassed all you like but I never will be. 
some people like to criticise the club and the fans and your pointing the finger at the wrong people. 
regarding goading the fans it was one stupid idiot and he didn’t last long and I think his reaction to our fans was why he was replaced he could have caused a big problem and we would have got the blame 

4 minutes ago, patto said:

You know what you and stev0 can be embarrassed all you like but I never will be. 
some people like to criticise the club and the fans and your pointing the finger at the wrong people. 
regarding goading the fans it was one stupid idiot and he didn’t last long and I think his reaction to our fans was why he was replaced he could have caused a big problem and we would have got the blame 

So you wouldn't be embarrassed by a father standing his 9-10 year old son on the chair whilst he calls every player a useless cunt and spraying spit all over everyone? Because I've seen that since I was a kid, it is embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you wouldn't be embarrassed by a father standing his 9-10 year old son on the chair whilst he calls every player a useless cunt and spraying spit all over everyone? Because I've seen that since I was a kid, it is embarrassing. 

Well I’ve never seen it or heard of it you 2 are making a big deal out this and also I never heard any boo’s people just left instead 

6 minutes ago, patto said:

Well I’ve never seen it or heard of it you 2 are making a big deal out this and also I never heard any boo’s people just left instead 

So you didn't see it so it didn't happen? Which stand are you in? Because I've seen it in lower and upper GS, Bullens and Paddock over the years. Never been in the Park End and the Main Stand seems to be well behaved enough.

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you didn't see it so it didn't happen? Which stand are you in? Because I've seen it in lower and upper GS, Bullens and Paddock over the years. Never been in the Park End and the Main Stand seems to be well behaved enough.

Sounds like you go looking for it

maybe because of where I sit I don’t see this trouble if someone done it by me I would have a word and make them feel embarrassed. 

15 minutes ago, patto said:

Sounds like you go looking for it

maybe because of where I sit I don’t see this trouble if someone done it by me I would have a word and make them feel embarrassed. 

Oh yeah, the pacifist is out looking for abusive people :lol: 

Try getting a ticket is the lower Gwladys, then see if I'm looking for it. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh yeah, the pacifist is out looking for abusive people :lol: 

Try getting a ticket is the lower Gwladys, then see if I'm looking for it. 

Look I don’t deny it’s happened I just have never seen it. 
and you think this never happens at other stadiums 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was subbed because he was concussed after the collision with Mykolenko. He was fuming about it ad it was hilarious :lol:.

I know he was fuming I seen his reaction but what I’m saying is his reaction when they scored could have caused a big problem footballers should realise that they are supposed to be ambassadors for the game why did he not just run and celebrate with Mitoma. 
then the referee made a big deal out of picking something up and taking it to the other touchline. 
years ago the players used to pick up coins and pretend to put it in their pocket now they call the ref over and make a thing out of it not all players but some milk it. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

Look I don’t deny it’s happened I just have never seen it. 
and you think this never happens at other stadiums 

Then count yourself fortunate rather than tell me I go looking for trouble :)

I don't really know about other places, they can act like animals too for all I care. I just expect better from our fans and I don't want this behaviour to carry on to BMD. Which it might not considering it's a lot more open.

18 minutes ago, patto said:

I know he was fuming I seen his reaction but what I’m saying is his reaction when they scored could have caused a big problem footballers should realise that they are supposed to be ambassadors for the game why did he not just run and celebrate with Mitoma. 
then the referee made a big deal out of picking something up and taking it to the other touchline. 
years ago the players used to pick up coins and pretend to put it in their pocket now they call the ref over and make a thing out of it not all players but some milk it. 

You also said you think that incident was the reason he was subbed, so I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case. That's all.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Then count yourself fortunate rather than tell me I go looking for trouble :)

I don't really know about other places, they can act like animals too for all I care. I just expect better from our fans and I don't want this behaviour to carry on to BMD. Which it might not considering it's a lot more open.

I was joking Matt honestly. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

You also said you think that incident was the reason he was subbed, so I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case. That's all.

Yeah I realise that but can’t understand why he was so angry