IGNORED

Jake O’Brien

1 hour ago, Btay said:

If we start the season with Tarks, Branthwaite & O’Brien as CB options I will be delighted.

Even more so if we can move Keane & Holgate on as well. 

I don't seem Keane going anywhere and honestly as a 4th choice CB he's capable. Holgate... No idea what happened to him. There's was a period of several months where he looked an upgrade on Stones but his potential dropped like a rock. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don't seem Keane going anywhere and honestly as a 4th choice CB he's capable. Holgate... No idea what happened to him. There's was a period of several months where he looked an upgrade on Stones but his potential dropped like a rock. 

Holgate’s head went to big and he lost all his balance plus I think it affected his brain he tends to play and have braindead moments. 

Will want senior four CB's   - I would be happy with Branthwaite, Tarks, O Brian & Keane to be honest. Not sure that keane would be happy at being 4th choice. Holgate should get anywhere near the team and shipped out in what ever form we can get. 

Myko can also play as an energency CB, to provide a 5th cover spot that ideally we don't have to use. I would like another LB at the club though.

I don't know what we have at U21 level as emergency CB cover, but as a club that's the position I would like to see us get to with our Acadamy - i.e good quality U21 players acting as the 3rd spot cover for any position.

I don't know much about OBrian - other than him being a big stong looking lad - how would he fit in a back three?  

5 hours ago, Btay said:

If we start the season with Tarks, Branthwaite & O’Brien as CB options I will be delighted.

Even more so if we can move Keane & Holgate on as well. 

I think we'll need to keep one of Keane or Holgate. Having just three centre backs leaves us with a possibility of Coleman or Young playing there if we get a few injuries, and that particular type of fucking is not to my taste. 

We could buy another, but I dont think we will.

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Expensive 4th choice though. Both Holgate & Keane are on far too much money per week.

26 minutes ago, Btay said:

Expensive 4th choice though. Both Holgate & Keane are on far too much money per week.

Is he though? Yes his wages are high but there's no £20m+ transfer fee, no signing on bonus, no real bonuses, not going to rock the boat and has proven he can step in and contribute. 

If you had told me before the window that we'd spend nearly £20m on a center back, and we still hadn't brought in a replacement for DCL or a new RB, I would've been a little annoyed.

But I really love this move. I think SD and KT recognized that if either Tarks or Branthwaite goes down with an injury or poor run of form, we're fucked with the options we have. 

Have a feeling JOB is going to do a helluva job for us

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If you had told me before the window that we'd spend nearly £20m on a center back, and we still hadn't brought in a replacement for DCL or a new RB, I would've been a little annoyed.

But I really love this move. I think SD and KT recognized that if either Tarks or Branthwaite goes down with an injury or poor run of form, we're fucked with the options we have. 

He's got his work cut out for him for sure 

On 29/07/2024 at 13:37, StevO said:

I think we'll need to keep one of Keane or Holgate. Having just three centre backs leaves us with a possibility of Coleman or Young playing there if we get a few injuries, and that particular type of fucking is not to my taste. 

We could buy another, but I dont think we will.

Agreed, we need cover be it Keane or Holgate but let us hope they are not called upon.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Is he though? Yes his wages are high but there's no £20m+ transfer fee, no signing on bonus, no real bonuses, not going to rock the boat and has proven he can step in and contribute. 

Mate a 4th choice centre back on 80k a week is not what we need. We could find a CB for under 10 mil from the championship that could do what he does

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

DCL may sign on still mate. I don’t see him being the type to run his contract down and leave on a free, especially after how we supported him through his injuries.