IGNORED

Euro 2024

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It's one thing being clueless, but another thing altogether being clueless and stubborn/spiteful. 

Southgate watching this shitshow, and still believing he's right while every pundit/player/fan is wrong so no changes; he'd rather do that than admit he's been wrong.

Embarrassing, he needs to resign in the post match interviews;Toney on for two minutes ffs.

And that goal doesn't change my opinion one iota.

Absolutely spot on, his body language has been abysmal too. Imagine Pep or (hate to say it) Klopp in this scenario, they'd be going absolutely batshit crazy on the sidelines and booting bottles about. Gareth is stood there with his hands in his pockets like a cheap garden gnome. 

Well, he did score so he will get a nice pat by Southgate. You should be able to control the rest of the match for the quarter final.

Been a bit shit, really. But I'd like you to move on and use the great potential you have.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

It's one thing being clueless, but another thing altogether being clueless and stubborn/spiteful. 

Southgate watching this shitshow, and still believing he's right while every pundit/player/fan is wrong so no changes; he'd rather do that than admit he's been wrong.

Embarrassing, he needs to resign in the post match interviews;Toney on for two minutes ffs.

And that goal doesn't change my opinion one iota.

Me neither. Absolute coward of a manager.  The fact we sat back at 2-1 says all you need to know about him.

£5m a year he's on 

A typical Southgate display boring boring performance no pace lacking width no movement and a struggle to get over the halfway line with any control or conviction, we must have recorded a record number of back passes of any game in the tournament so far. 
Yet when the players took it out of Southgate’s hands and focused more on attacking with pace than keep ball in our own half we scored the 2 decisive goals required, not pretty to watch but it’s the result that matters and we live another day to hopefully improve and move on to the semi’s. COME ON ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Is there something wrong with me... I literally didn't celebrate.  Not sure if it's cos I looked away or cos I was just so annoyed by the manager and team. 

I had a BBQ 8 lads watching it together whilst the women were in the garden chatting and drinking Pimms. 
Mate we were all fucking raging 😤 with how negative we were, but when those two goals went in we were jumping around and whooping, for me the result is the most important thing, even though the performance was shocking. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Is there something wrong with me... I literally didn't celebrate.  Not sure if it's cos I looked away or cos I was just so annoyed by the manager and team. 

I think I know exactly how you feel. Isn't it the boring display and the feeling that it's not really deserved? Also that one is aware of the possible potential, tactically and player wise, not being used because of one person.
When you reach the knock-out fase you only have that one shot and you should play your best players and suit the optimal tactics for that match; not being more afraid of losing than winning especially against a lower ranked team.

I think it's perfectly fine not to cheer loud when things are as shit as we saw yesterday.
But you're through and that counts for a lot, of course. But if Southgate does the same against Switzerland you will lose. There is no doubt.

Would also like to add that the Euro tournament, as a whole, has become a somewhat dreary affair compared to pre 2016.

11 minutes ago, Sev said:

Would also like to add that the Euro tournament, as a whole, has become a somewhat dreary affair compared to pre 2016.

That is imo because no team looks outstanding or is playing decently in all departments, every team looks beatable there are no standout teams for me this tournament is still wide open.  

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Had to take every set piece, had to do his stupid "I've shit myself" pose before the kicks.  Scored 1 free kick in 50 or something.  Bruno a far better option. Fair play his kick in the shoot out took balls.  He is desperate to score in tournament play. Like a spoilt child. 

His tournament was summed up perfectly when Portugal won a free kick on the left wing, perfect for whipping it into the box and he took the ball, shot from an insane angle and put it into the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Had to take every set piece, had to do his stupid "I've shit myself" pose before the kicks.  Scored 1 free kick in 50 or something.  Bruno a far better option. 

fair play his kick in the shoot out took balls.  He is desperate to score in tournament play. Like a spoilt child. 

He’s definitely playing for himself and fuck the team, his own record chasing and self importance means more to him than Portugal's progression in the tournament. 
If Martinez has any bollocks he lays the law down and if he doesn’t like it he gets dropped, he needs to know he’s not bigger than country though he obviously thinks he is. 

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

His tournament was summed up perfectly when Portugal won a free kick on the left wing, perfect for whipping it into the box and he took the ball, shot from an insane angle and put it into the atmosphere.

Don't think there has ever been a bigger ego on the pitch. 

Modric got the oldest goalscorer and it's clearly pissed him off.  Needs to be dropped. Embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The way he acts you'd think he was playing in a team of farmers and needs to do everything.

I bet there's a part of the likes of Bernardo Silva that despise him being part of the squad.

I'm made up that ex pros are calling him out.  Got some absolute idiots saying he's just emotional etc.....

he has scored 1 free kick in 58 attempts yet had the arrogance and disdain to treat his opponents as though they were canon fodder for Portugal and his need to put the team first wasn't as great. 

Fernandes penalty was a peach.... he took it so casually as if to say "it's easy for me" - yeah we seen that and nearly every free kick you take is near top corner but you gotta play second fiddle to a bloke who can't deal with the fact that Messi is better than him. 

bale said Madrid could win 5-0 and Ronaldo would throw a tantrum if he wasn't on scoresheet..... yeah it's that mindset that makes him a top player but it also makes him a prick.