IGNORED

Euro 2024

Its been a strange tournament in a way. I'd say that England, France, Croatia and Belgium have all underperformed. As much as they did very well in the first two games that's a massive loss for Portugal too. There's only really Spain and Germany who are "in form" amongst those likely to win it. 

The real tournament starts now though. I remember Portugal being comically bad, finishing 3rd in their group and then winning the whole thing a few years back. The group stages are for momentum and nothing more, everything is now reset. 

That said, England have massively killed my buzz to the point that I've hardly watched any games. To make a side this good on paper so dreary and lacklustre is actually impressive - as someone who has always been behind Southgate it's a shame how its gone too. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Sev what’s happened to that Viking spirit mate when you were rampaging through Europe shagging our women and taking our money and goods😂

Our wives told us to stop messing about and come home to take the rubbish out, mow the lawn, hunt and scavenge for food and on top of that ... find fur and metal for their clothings 🙄 I mean, we were just having a bit of fun .. and the pubs were closed.

Georgia's players to get a nice payday after Bidzina Ivanishvili, a billionaire former prime minister of the nation, said before the tournament he would pay the players 30 million Georgian lari (roughly £8.4 million or $10.7 million US) if they made the knockouts. He'll double the payout if they defeat Spain on Sunday.

On 28/06/2024 at 11:16, Sev said:

Our wives told us to stop messing about and come home to take the rubbish out, mow the lawn, hunt and scavenge for food and on top of that ... find fur and metal for their clothings 🙄 I mean, we were just having a bit of fun .. and the pubs were closed.

To behave or not to behave, that was the question.

Look at the potential games we have to play to make the final... Slovakia - Switzerland - then no one stronger than Austria for a place in the final.  

Southgate has been gifted easy route after easy route in the finals and every time he bottles it against the first credible opponents. 

an absolute charlatan of a manager 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Southgate shouldn't even be in charge 

Nope. That's quite clear. No wonder Pickford went up the pitch trying to make his team mates play faster and further up cos nothing is coming from Southgate himself.

I can't even be arsed. This tournament will easily go down as the worst in my lifetime, easiest route to the final that you could ask for and he's pissing it up the wall. Its literally as if he's Agent Benitez at Everton and it's self sabotage, what the actual fuck is Southgate doing?

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I’ve only been watching since half time, but how can England be losing? Slovakia is a poor team. 

I do think England will win, mainly because of their greater level of fitness. 

Fitness, maybe, but lacking in heart, togetherness and nous.