IGNORED

Euro 2024

Spain wins Group B.

Italy finishes as runner-up in the group and will face Switzerland in the first Round of 16 match on Saturday.

Croatia finishes 3rd in the group but their 2 points and their -3 GD means their chances of making the knockouts are pretty slim.

Albania's loss to Spain results in England (and you all were worried about not making the knockouts), France, and the Netherlands all guaranteed to make the round of 16 as they can finish no worse than one of the 4 best 3rd place teams in their group. 

13 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Watched the final 30 minutes from my hotel room in San Francisco. England are just aimless and without desire. Arguably, the best players in each of the English, German, and Spanish leagues are English. How can the national team be so awful?

Its called having a shite manager.

cole palmer literally tearing teams apart all season and low and behold he looked superb when he came on... same as mainoo.

a half decent manager wins the euros with this squad

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Play our direct, pacy players. It's really quite simple.

This shit being served up is slow, lethargic and is piss easy to defend against if you're well organised.

The only enjoyment I've had this tournament is watching Cole palmer treating a second rate defender like he's a second rate defender and actually taking the piss rather than looking like he is being held back.  

Reminded me of when Gazza appeared in Italia 90 - not on the same scale but that same "I'm here and I'm having it" 

England wins Group C but certainly wasn't inspiring doing so.

Denmark and Slovenia finished tied for 2nd but Denmark had the better fair play points (-6 for Denmark, -7 for Slovenia). Denmark will face Germany on Saturday. 

Slovenia will advance as one of the best 3rd place teams and Croatia (who was in Group B ) is eliminated.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Play our direct, pacy players. It's really quite simple.

This shit being served up is slow, lethargic and is piss easy to defend against if you're well organised.

I think we'll improve against better opposition, but that'll be despite Southgate rather than because of him, he's totally cluless.

You have to wonder what level of club will be looking at him as an option when he finally leaves England, celebrating his massive achievement of falling just short of mediocrity. Can't see it being an English side higher than league one, he'll probably go overseas, somewhere Scandinavian would be my guess. 

Absolutely bloody useless, an embarrassment, fuck off.

42 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think we'll improve against better opposition, but that'll be despite Southgate rather than because of him, he's totally cluless.

You have to wonder what level of club will be looking at him as an option when he finally leaves England, celebrating his massive achievement of falling just short of mediocrity. Can't see it being an English side higher than league one, he'll probably go overseas, somewhere Scandinavian would be my guess. 

We don't want him :shakingfist:

Just read England has been the slowest team in the tournament to attack. Southgate really know how to use his players, eh ... Plenty of room for improvements and I hope that'll come with the next game.

Denmark will meet Germany next, so that's game over for us.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

I honestly don’t see him getting or looking for a job after this campaign, I see him retiring to his place in Portugal and doing a bit of TV work until till they realise he’s boring 🥱 

All the teams in Group E finished with 4 points with today's draws. This is the first major tournament since the 1994 World Cup where all the teams in one group finished with the same number of points.

Romania wins the group.

Belgium finishes 2nd in the group.

Slovakia finished as one of the top 3rd place teams and advanced to the knockouts.

In a tournament that already had its biggest upset by FIFA ranking, Georgia-Portugal broke that. Georgia was ranked #74 coming into the tournament. Portugal was ranked #6. Georgia won 2:0.

Portugal wins Group F and finishes ahead of Turkey on head-to-head result. 

Turkey finishes 2nd in the group.

With their shocking win, Georgia advances to the knockouts with Hungary eliminated among the 3rd place teams.

3 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Bracket for the knockouts:

Spain/Georgia
Germany/Denmark
Portugal/Slovenia
France/Belgium
Romania/Netherlands
Austria/Turkey
England/Slovakia
Switzerland/Italy

Knockouts begin Saturday with Switzerland/Italy and Germany/Denmark.

Nice 1 very good saves me searching when my brother phones to see who’s playing who. 

10 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Bracket for the knockouts:

Spain/Georgia
Germany/Denmark
Portugal/Slovenia
France/Belgium
Romania/Netherlands
Austria/Turkey
England/Slovakia
Switzerland/Italy

Knockouts begin Saturday with Switzerland/Italy and Germany/Denmark.

Switzerland and Denmark could easily win their matches.

England again the beneficiaries of a favourable draw, just as they had a favourable qualifying group to get to the Euros and a favourable group stage.

They should have enough to get past Slovakia, but who knows.

Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Netherlands, Austria, England, Switzerland.  

Denmark could easily not win against Germany. We're just a small nation full of idiots. Germany has home advantage with loads of support.

I think you just put it wrongly, didn't you? Must be the heat ☀️

7 hours ago, Sev said:

Denmark could easily not win against Germany. We're just a small nation full of idiots. Germany has home advantage with loads of support.

I think you just put it wrongly, didn't you? Must be the heat ☀️

Germany didn't do too well against a well-organised Switzerland and you played England off the park for a good portion of your group game. Have some faith! 

8 hours ago, Formby said:

Germany didn't do too well against a well-organised Switzerland and you played England off the park for a good portion of your group game. Have some faith! 

Called her, but she's busy.

Denmark (I refuse to say we) played against a dismal english team. Any team would have gotten a result against them that day.

And I have totally faith that German will win against Denmark and that it hopefully will be a good game for the neutrals.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

Called her, but she's busy.

Denmark (I refuse to say we) played against a dismal english team. Any team would have gotten a result against them that day.

And I have totally faith that German will win against Denmark and that it hopefully will be a good game for the neutrals.

Sev what’s happened to that Viking spirit mate when you were rampaging through Europe shagging our women and taking our money and goods😂