IGNORED

Trump/US Politics

johnh

It is quite possible that the Secret Service was involved. I can't imagine such incompetence as allowing someone with a rifle to climb the only rooftop within 150 meters of the target. Multiple reports and videos from spectators show that they spotted the shooter, reported it and shouted to the security. There's a video of the USSS snipers having the shooter in their sight and killing him 2 seconds after he fired. I hate conspiracies but this stinks from 150 meters away.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Almost killed by the gun laws he has vehemently defended, next time someone may do a better job because I don’t believe this will be the last attempt on his life, unfortunately there a plenty of idiots in the USA with easy access to firearms. God save Americans rights to bare arms there maybe a shooting near you🤔

C'mon, Palfy. It's a bit extreme not to allow an American the right to bare arms!

The right to bear arms, though, is another matter. 🙃

5 hours ago, Formby said:

C'mon, Palfy. It's a bit extreme not to allow an American the right to bare arms!

The right to bear arms, though, is another matter. 🙃

😂👍I don’t find that extreme when we are talking about American's. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I loved that show! That's brought a lot of good memories of sitting on my Grandma's floor in Knotty Ash at the weekends :)

Just don't watch the last ever episode now you're an adult because it'll hit you differently now you understand what's happening.

On 17/07/2024 at 21:16, dunlopp9987 said:

Well that's not what he's telling everyone! 

On 17/07/2024 at 09:43, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently all of the bullets missed and his ear injury came from shattered glass from a teleprompter :lol:.

Fake news 🙄

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Now his supporters not only give the white power fist salute but also wear a bandage on their ear. What a bunch of wallies.

Raising a fist is now White power? 😂 😂 Cuckoo

18 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Now his supporters not only give the white power fist salute but also wear a bandage on their ear. What a bunch of wallies.

Don't think it's a white power sign myself .... see 1968 olympics

Just now, Matt said:

Whatever it is or isn't symbolising, his supports make it look like a cult as each day passes.

Pretty much like everything in world now - everything is a parody dud to exaggeration.   You know on robocop where the newsreaders made news look ridiculous back when it was filmed in 1987 making a parody of the news in 2040..... welcome to near 40 years later and we are ahead of schedule. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pretty much like everything in world now - everything is a parody dud to exaggeration.   You know on robocop where the newsreaders made news look ridiculous back when it was filmed in 1987 making a parody of the news in 2040..... welcome to near 40 years later and we are ahead of schedule. 

I've seen a lot of people think RoboCop was a horror drama, a bit like Starship Troopers was deemed a action horror flop. Both of them are dripping with satire and unfortunately people seem to think they're guides. Paul Verhoeven didn't and doesn't get enough credit. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've seen a lot of people think RoboCop was a horror drama, a bit like Starship Troopers was deemed an action horror flop. Both of them are dripping with satire and unfortunately people seek to think they're guides. Paul Verhoeven didn't and doesn't get enough credit. 

Robocop is a fookin outstanding film. Perfect - enjoyed starship troopers too but robocop was so good. 

the scene where Ed 209 shoots the guy in the boardroom was scary as fook.... "too bad about kinny huh" was all that was said in the lift.....   "Somebody call the paramedic" - after he took near 100 bullets. Funny without doubt 

The panic someone must feel before being shot or blown up is horrific.  The countdown from ed209, the grenade after getting kneecapped, some proper grim scenes. 

6 minutes ago, KinL said:

Black Power logo- Space.jpg

There is a difference in the wrist. But yeah, every gesture can have a meaning considering humans have been around a while and protesting for centuries. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a raised fist to represent retired boxers somewhere. But the one I shared is an SS badge so there is absolutely a link.

The point is more that there are people who use that sign as a display of white power also see something in trump and agree with him. Thats not to say he represents all his supporters views, just that theres something those people see in him and hes therefore guilty by association. I've seen him denounce it many times, despite what MSM has shown but the difficulty with Trump is you never really know what's going on in his head. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Robocop is a fookin outstanding film. Perfect - enjoyed starship troopers too but robocop was so good. 

the scene where Ed 209 shoots the guy in the boardroom was scary as fook.... "too bad about kinny huh" was all that was said in the lift.....   "Somebody call the paramedic" - after he took near 100 bullets. Funny without doubt 

Starship Troopers is one of my all-time favourites and the CGI still holds up nearly 30 years later.

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not cuckoo at all. I'm particularly sensitive to antisemitic symbols, and this one has been around for a while. Of all the salutes Donald Trump chose to use, it's the one knowingly used by white militia leaders.

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/aryan-fist

Yeah sure, and if it had been Biden who'd just survived an assassination attempt, and he got up with a clenched fist, you'd have said he was showing the White power sign too. 🙄 BTW, It's also used by Black power fanatics. I'm going to have start calling out all of those football players and managers, tennis players etc who pump their fist up in the air in victory from now on, even the coloured ones, fkn White supremacist. 🤪