IGNORED

Trump/US Politics

johnh

54 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Driving to Alabama yesterday to see my daughter and her family, it was shocking to see, even now, "Trump won" signs on stores, crude accusations against President Biden on trucks, people wearing shirts with Trump's mugshot in Atlanta proclaiming 'innocent', and more. Clearly, Trump and his supporters are very visible and vocal. Where have all the reasonable people gone?

We are here mate Britain 🇬🇧 😂

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Driving to Alabama yesterday to see my daughter and her family, it was shocking to see, even now, "Trump won" signs on stores, crude accusations against President Biden on trucks, people wearing shirts with Trump's mugshot in Atlanta proclaiming 'innocent', and more. Clearly, Trump and his supporters are very visible and vocal. Where have all the reasonable people gone?

Saw that driving through Florida and Georgia too. He's a cult leader at this point.

10 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

This would be a great idea, except for the fact that his daughter-in-law is now co-chair of the RNC. 

Right -- it won't happen unless something serious happens to Biden's health. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As the jury now deliberate in the Trump hush money trial, most commentators seem to think a conviction is 50% likely, a hung jury (there are one or more holdouts) is 49.99% likely, and an acquittal is 0.01% likely. In other words, toss a coin: If it's heads, he's guilty; if it's tails, it's a hung jury; if it lands on its edge, he's acquitted.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

As the jury now deliberate in the Trump hush money trial, most commentators seem to think a conviction is 50% likely, a hung jury (there are one or more holdouts) is 49.99% likely, and an acquittal is 0.01% likely. In other words, toss a coin: If it's heads, he's guilty; if it's tails, it's a hung jury; if it lands on its edge, he's acquitted.

And in any case he'll be running for President because he won't be jailed.

34 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

GUILTY!!!!!

And yet I still feel like he'll find a way out of it and get elected in November

The Republicans have to drop him, right?? Are they that stupid and desperate to back a felon? If they do, how many of republican voters will switch to other parties? If they don't, Trump runs as independent and takes how many of the Republican votes with him...

This could be glorious, a step toward breaking the 2 party control!

On 29/05/2024 at 18:13, Matt said:

And in any case he'll be running for President because he won't be jailed.

The Republican party changed their rules in such a way that, even if they wanted to change their candidate, they cannot do so at this point - even if he's jailed. His daughter-in-law now runs the show.

I'm waiting for his next decision: Will he choose his daughter as vice president? After all, he wants to establish a family legacy.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

The Republicans have to drop him, right?? Are they that stupid and desperate to back a felon? If they do, how many of republican voters will switch to other parties? If they don't, Trump runs as independent and takes how many of the Republican votes with him...

This could be glorious, a step toward breaking the 2 party control!

Yeah, there's no virtually chance that they drop him. The party would basically crumble if he ever decided to leave the party and split off to his own separate 3rd party. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

GUILTY!!!!!

And yet I still feel like he'll find a way out of it and get elected in November

If he gets jail time (which I don't think he will), he wouldn't serve it til after the election anyway as his lawyers will use every legal avenue they have on appeal. 

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

GUILTY!!!!!

Let's not understate things:

GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! 

I don’t get all the glee about Trump being found guilty 

there’s worse offences been committed by other presidents and ex presidents. 
pedo island will anyone ever be charged for what went on they have all the names on flight lists. 
most of them Pedophiles. 

26 minutes ago, patto said:

pedo island will anyone ever be charged for what went on they have all the names on flight lists. 
most of them Pedophiles. 

Because he's a disgusting waste of oxygen who thinks he's a above the law is and is trying to undermine everything it means to be American and democracy itself?

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yeah but apart from that?

Funnily enough, I was looking to see how many of the 10 commandments he's broken (7 by my count) yet manages to manipulate the blind Christian fanbase, ironically by making himself an idol :lol:

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because he's a disgusting waste of oxygen who thinks he's a above the law is and is trying to undermine everything it means to be American and democracy itself?

I don’t get it like but what about pedo island isn’t that disgusting. 

5 minutes ago, patto said:

I don’t get it like but what about pedo island isn’t that disgusting. 

I've no idea what that is but assuming it is what it says on the tin, then of course. But I don't get your point, both should be heavily punished for different reasons. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Whatever the truth or otherwise of the second bit, you don't not prosecute someone because other people have done worse things, that's a ridiculous argument.

No you prosecute them because they have done bad things. 
you don’t just wait for someone else to do something then act on it. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I've no idea what that is but assuming it is what it says on the tin, then of course. But I don't get your point, both should be heavily punished for different reasons. 

Exactly 

Just now, patto said:

No you prosecute them because they have done bad things. 
you don’t just wait for someone else to do something then act on it. 

Which you can only do with evidence and a stable, solid legal system. Which Trump is trying to undermine now it's got him, but had no problem stacking the supreme court in his favour. 

26 minutes ago, patto said:

most of them Pedophiles. 

I agree look at Netanyahu and Putin to name 2 at this moment in time, they should be brought to trial for humanitarian crimes but they won’t. 
Trump is a criminal, and a very dangerous man when in power and should not be allowed to act above the law, he’s committed crimes against Mexican citizens who illegally crossed the border by taking their children away, with many families still not reunited because they can’t find where their children were taken. 
Personally I think what’s happening to Trump and what happens if found guilty of his other crimes is justice. 
Hopefully sometime down the line he goes to Prison as a reminder to all that no matter how much money or how powerful you are, you will be punished for committing crimes. 
So what’s so wrong with that Patto, do you think that because others have escaped justice that he should as well, if so join the ranks with Steve who seems to think what Israel is doing to the people of Palestine is just because it isn’t as worse as what others have done in the past, imo both arguments are baseless. The Israelis are carrying out war crimes against civilians in their own form of genocide, and Trump has been found guilty of crimes against the law, and neither should be shown any favour or grace. 
It’s fucking unbelievable that people think they should.