IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m going to be the unpopular one. 
While it’s been a terrible start to the season, we’ve also not saw some of our new signings. And at the same time, had a lot of boggle injuries to our first team.

We started well against Brighton, but were ineffective and deserved to lose. Against Bournemouth we were very good for nearly all of the match… and then fell apart much worse than we have ever done. 

It’s really not as bad as most feel. But we are Everton fans and we always react knee jerkingly. But let’s see what happens over the next couple of weeks before your allowed to shoot me.

I agree with this as well. I was just pointing out that as many of the injuries remain unresolved the performances are unlikely to improve much in the near term. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m going to be the unpopular one. 
While it’s been a terrible start to the season, we’ve also not saw some of our new signings. And at the same time, had a lot of boggle injuries to our first team.

We started well against Brighton, but were ineffective and deserved to lose. Against Bournemouth we were very good for nearly all of the match… and then fell apart much worse than we have ever done. 

It’s really not as bad as most feel. But we are Everton fans and we always react knee jerkingly. But let’s see what happens over the next couple of weeks before your allowed to shoot me.

All that aside mate, it really is that bad. All valid point but the mentality looks shot. That's my biggest fear at the moment.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

All that aside mate, it really is that bad. All valid point but the mentality looks shot. That's my biggest fear at the moment.

That can be changed with a couple of positive results though. Players haven’t lost their ability, just their confidence. 
A couple of big players step onto the pitch and that can change. 
A Phil Neville tackle and that can change.  
A point at Leicester and we’re of the mark. 
I still believe in the club however naive that may sound. And it’s going to start Saturday.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That can be changed with a couple of positive results though. Players haven’t lost their ability, just their confidence. 
A couple of big players step onto the pitch and that can change. 
A Phil Neville tackle and that can change.  
A point at Leicester and we’re of the mark. 
I still believe in the club however naive that may sound. And it’s going to start Saturday.

Confidence? We lost 2 games in a row having had 2 goal leads and sit bottom with zero points. 

The manager can't be trusted to make logical substitutions.... we had to argue that his subbing in the Bournemouth game was wrong. Do we have to argue the fact that him taking off Beto for Young in order to pump long balls up to the short ndiaye was right?

he threw the players under the bus after they played the best football we have seen from them in ages vs Bournemouth - having made the most ridiculous subs.  The players didn't show much confidence after that. 

He is seemingly daring to get sacked.  He is too busy trying to look like he has the hardest job in the world vs actually talking about "realities and getting it done on the field" like he did when he seemed to care about the job.

He was done after the slap - the players took control and got us over the line. He has checked out... players aren't fit, look absolutely lost. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Trying to understand how the ownership issue impacts dyche? - he has a squad of players there that should not be bottom of the league. 

the ownership hasn't impacted players fitness, his awful subs, his weird interviews, him throwing players under the bus for his awful subs and tactics. 

the only consistent thing I see from dyche is that on the touchline he squeezes snot out of his nose and rubs it all the way up and over his head and shouts "breathe" with a gesture of taking a deep breath. 

Thelwell may as well start putting his stuff into brown boxes and let's hope Textor or friedkin are in soon. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Confidence? We lost 2 games in a row having had 2 goal leads and sit bottom with zero points. 

The manager can't be trusted to make logical substitutions.... we had to argue that his subbing in the Bournemouth game was wrong. Do we have to argue the fact that him taking off Beto for Young in order to pump long balls up to the short ndiaye was right?

he threw the players under the bus after they played the best football we have seen from them in ages vs Bournemouth - having made the most ridiculous subs.  The players didn't show much confidence after that. 

He is seemingly daring to get sacked.  He is too busy trying to look like he has the hardest job in the world vs actually talking about "realities and getting it done on the field" like he did when he seemed to care about the job.

He was done after the slap - the players took control and got us over the line. He has checked out... players aren't fit, look absolutely lost. 

Our club is bigger than the manager mate. 
I don’t believe at all that the players careers are finished because they let a two goal lead slip twice. These players have been through and will go through much harder tests in their careers. 

We don’t have to argue about the Bournemouth suns at all, it made no difference if we did or not. But between us…. We made the choice to argue about it. 

If the manager has lost the dressing room like you suggest, then the senior players will stop listening and go back to what they feel is best. And that could actually be a good thing for the club. 

As usual, me own thoughts on the situation could be around the mark, or a mile off the mark. Time always makes that decision for me. And if at the end of the season we are in dire straits and facing relegation… then that’s what time decided. If not…. Then it benefits Everton.

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Should've gone in a different thread really but I found it a good interview.

I haven't watched the interview, however I can see what's going on. People do not realize how financially uncompetitive we have been for years. We're basically living off scraps. Bar a few players our playing staff sucks big time and we lack the financial muscle to improve it. It's truly a wonder we're still part of the Premier League. Dyche is working under very difficult circumstances. Here are some numbers:

5f42b7e2df6d770e26b43cbe56f02695.png

Pay extra attention to the last column:

ae41b29a92e9fb32c73cfd1cc8bd7e9c.png

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

I haven't watched the interview, however I can see what's going on. People do not realize how financially uncompetitive we have been for years. We're basically living off scraps. Bar a few players our playing staff sucks big time and we lack the financial muscle to improve it. It's truly a wonder we're still part of the Premier League. Dyche is working under very difficult circumstances. Here are some numbers:

ae41b29a92e9fb32c73cfd1cc8bd7e9c.png

As I said yesterday. Anyone arguing the talent in our side is competitive with sides that are in the top half of the table is kidding themselves. And, especially when we have injuries as we do now, our depth is where you see the lack of investment most blatantly. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

He's deffo gaslighting us now.   

Has he not been asked specifically whether he thinks playing long balls can be successful? Hes just answering with examples of other clubs / managers who have succeeded playing that way. I have no idea what the problem is other than the way the mirror have phrased it (surprise surprise!)

You can say you don’t like the way he plays, that’s fine, but how in the world is this gaslighting us? 

and lastly, as I’ve said many times, this side is very simply not good enough on the ball to maintain possession in the midfield and attack methodically for an entire match. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Has he not been asked specifically whether he thinks playing long balls can be successful? Hes just answering with examples of other clubs / managers who have succeeded playing that way. I have no idea what the problem is other than the way the mirror have phrased it (surprise surprise!)

You can say you don’t like the way he plays, that’s fine, but how in the world is this gaslighting us? 

and lastly, as I’ve said many times, this side is very simply not good enough on the ball to maintain possession in the midfield and attack methodically for an entire match. 

Why did he need to refer to Ancelotti? Why did he need to refer to pep last week?

He is either thick or taking the Micky big time.  Was he asked to compare his tactics or subs to 2 of the best managers to ever exist??? No - he decided to do that. 

His arrogance is off the scale - only an idiot would do what he's done. It's the same type of stuff Allardyce did..... absolute parody.

tell me where his comparisons are robust - I'll wait. 

13 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

As I said yesterday. Anyone arguing the talent in our side is competitive with sides that are in the top half of the table is kidding themselves. And, especially when we have injuries as we do now, our depth is where you see the lack of investment most blatantly. 

Who said top half??? Why are you saying we have top half talent - no one has said that.  

theres a huge difference in 10th to 15th vs 16th to 20th.   

we should be in the 10th to 15th bracket - without question. To be bottom with 0 points having played winnable games is a joke. 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Good that we're trying to rival Liverpool and Man City in the transfer market, but somebody should have pointed out our squad is a bit shit: there's a reason they didn't need to spend.  

34 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Who said top half??? Why are you saying we have top half talent - no one has said that.  

theres a huge difference in 10th to 15th vs 16th to 20th.   

we should be in the 10th to 15th bracket - without question. To be bottom with 0 points having played winnable games is a joke. 

And we finished 12th last year!!! It's been four matches!!!!! With a ton of injuries including to our best player!!! I don't know why I even jumped back in here it's exhausting.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

we should be in the 10th to 15th bracket - without question.

Why should the team with the least investment in playing squad over the last five years be anywhere but at the bottom? I would agree if we had a productive youth academy like City or were making wise transfer dealings like Brighton, but we’re doing neither.

4 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

And we finished 12th last year!!! It's been four matches!!!!! With a ton of injuries including to our best player!!! I don't know why I even jumped back in here it's exhausting.

What's exhausting is the amount of people who seem to have been hypnotised into believing that we are somehow unlucky or that dyche has his hands tied..... this clown went 13 games without a win.  He's surrendered back to back 2 goal leads to lose 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Why should we be in 10th-15th? We have Championship level players, bar a couple to a few. I'm not saying Dyche shouldn't be gone, but we don't have a good squad at all. Our squad coupled with our management means we aren't good enough. 

I feel like we look at our name think we should be better than we are, but truth is, we've done fuck all with recruiting and have put ourselves in a hole. 

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Why should we be in 10th-15th? We have Championship level players, bar a couple to a few. I'm not saying Dyche shouldn't be gone, but we don't have a good squad at all. Our squad coupled with our management means we aren't good enough. 

I feel like we look at our name think we should be better than we are, but truth is, we've done fuck all with recruiting and have put ourselves in a hole. 

These players deffo aren't championship:- Pickford, Tarks, Mykolenko, Tim, Ndiye, DCL, Branthwaite, O'Brien, gana, garner. 

not sure how you think all bar a few are.....