IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

30 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Penalties, don't know the result but Moyes in for the rest of the season to firefight?

Would Moyes come until the end of the season? Anything more and we’re doing the same thing again and missing a big opportunity to change this mess. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Moyes when he was here and he’d get my full support but we need to see what happens with the takeover and not commit to another ‘short-term fix’. It’s pretty broken currently but by no means beyond repair. We need a couple of wins from our next 3 and the table could look very different.

16 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

c1982, I think he would come - his age is reducing his currency and short term if he comes up with the goods then any new owners may give him a contract.

That’s my fear - I obviously want us to do well, whoever the manager, but for Moyes to come in and do well enough to earn a longer contract is a side step in my opinion. I want, and think we need, a complete new approach.

50 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Would Moyes come until the end of the season? Anything more and we’re doing the same thing again and missing a big opportunity to change this mess. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Moyes when he was here and he’d get my full support but we need to see what happens with the takeover and not commit to another ‘short-term fix’. It’s pretty broken currently but by no means beyond repair. We need a couple of wins from our next 3 and the table could look very different.

I can’t see us doing anything with the manager until the takeover is complete & then they will want their own guy in 

42 minutes ago, Btay said:

I can’t see us doing anything with the manager until the takeover is complete & then they will want their own guy in 

Problem with that is, at the pace things have been going in our search for new ownership, that might not be finalized for another few months and by that point we could be well and truly adrift at the bottom of the table

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Moyes isn't coming here on anything less than a three year deal.

When Brighton lost their manager did they take a backwards step and look to get Potter back even though he was out of work?

Please fuck off with living in the past. It's embarrassing.

The difference is that Brighton isn't an absolute dumpster fire of a club. They're a well-run entity from top to bottom with a clear vision as a club.

I wouldn't put it past us to bring in Allardyce for an interview

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The difference is that Brighton isn't an absolute dumpster fire of a club. They're a well-run entity from top to bottom with a clear vision as a club.

I wouldn't put it past us to bring in Allardyce for an interview

I don't care if the club is shooting flames all the way to fucking Mars, it's embarrassing and pathetic how many blues actively want to bring him back. It makes me sick.

You'd think Moyes was the only option. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't care if the club is shooting flames all the way to fucking Mars, it's embarrassing and pathetic how many blues actively want to bring him back. It makes me sick.

You'd think Moyes was the only option. 

At this moment pretty much anyone is an improvement on Dyche - personally I'd have Baines in on a caretaker basis.

He got top marks in his coaching badges, knows the club inside out and recognises a good Everton vs bad Everton. 

anyone who think Baines could be any worse than Dyche needs to look at the stats.....  5 wins since December last year.  We have not won a league game at goodison when the opposition scored under him.... 

He continues to play Keane despite our win rate under him being diabolical and us conceding an average of over 2 goals a game when he plays. 

the Esk alluded to the understanding that he gets a full years salary if sacked.  So if he gets the bullet he will make more money doing nothing than he would by working till next summer.    "Ah it's alright lads.... I'll do what I want - sack me and I get more money, Ashley ya going on son..... throw one of those daft tackles in the box for me mate" 

His time has run, he knows it, we know it. The Bournemouth game and how he failed to deal with their subs was Dyche writing his P45, last night he presented to who ever is left in our hierarchy.

The biggest problem is there’s no one to administer it until we have new owners. No prospective owner will be happy at the current owner putting a new manager in place when they will want their own choice. The only possible way it could happen imo is if the prospective owner is able to appoint ahead of taking ownership, with the departing and new managers signing a NDA.

What is pissing me off more than anything else is that it’s our final season at Goodison, 18 more games shown on the big screens last night, we should be celebrating our history and times spent there, as it is, no one is enjoying going to the ground at the moment.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

At this moment pretty much anyone is an improvement on Dyche - personally I'd have Baines in on a caretaker basis.

He got top marks in his coaching badges, knows the club inside out and recognises a good Everton vs bad Everton. 

anyone who think Baines could be any worse than Dyche needs to look at the stats.....  5 wins since December last year.  We have not won a league game at goodison when the opposition scored under him.... 

He continues to play Keane despite our win rate under him being diabolical and us conceding an average of over 2 goals a game when he plays. 

the Esk alluded to the understanding that he gets a full years salary if sacked.  So if he gets the bullet he will make more money doing nothing than he would by working till next summer.    "Ah it's alright lads.... I'll do what I want - sack me and I get more money, Ashley ya going on son..... throw one of those daft tackles in the box for me mate" 

I get your hatred of the man, but like...this is 100% conjecture. You're throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it'll stick.

I agree that it's time to move on from Dyche (although the prospect of who we bring in scares me just about as much as Dyche staying), but it's just based on results for me. Don't really need to go and attack the man's character while we're at it...

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I get your hatred of the man, but like...this is 100% conjecture. You're throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it'll stick.

I agree that it's time to move on from Dyche (although the prospect of who we bring in scares me just about as much as Dyche staying), but it's just based on results for me. Don't really need to go and attack the man's character while we're at it...

if he stays longer and carries on making digs at fans by saying things like "I thought Keano had a great game" I will start promoting him to a personal dislike status - till then my opinion is that he is a poor coach, a poor manager, a poor tactician and a bad outlook for our club. 

What is conjecture??? That the manager doesn't seem to be almost asking to be sacked??? Cos if he ain't asking for sacking then I really do fear for his mindset cos he's been making some of the most ridiculous decisions and comments I've seen and heard.

being on the wrong side of judging when a manager needs to go doesn't mean you have to keep digging.  He's becoming a parody now 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

if he stays longer and carries on making digs at fans by saying things like "I thought Keano had a great game" I will start promoting him to a personal dislike status - till then my opinion is that he is a poor coach, a poor manager, a poor tactician and a bad outlook for our club. 

What is conjecture??? That the manager doesn't seem to be almost asking to be sacked??? Cos if he ain't asking for sacking then I really do fear for his mindset cos he's been making some of the most ridiculous decisions and comments I've seen and heard.

being on the wrong side of judging when a manager needs to go doesn't mean you have to keep digging.  He's becoming a parody now 

I agree with all of that except the last paragraph (though not the last line). It isn't right or wrong, people look at it differently and people are try to cling on to any positives we can. That's not wrong, it's just a different perspective.

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I thought Keane did well. Shame he wasn’t through on goal instead of Lindstrom. Would have won 3-1

Couple of things from last night.

Keane actually did well.

The subs that were made actually changed the game in a positive way for us. We played in their last third for most of the last twenty minutes. Our finishing was just exceptionally poor. 

What was most disappointing was that our players weren’t fighting for anything. We had 90 seconds to go and Robles dawdled across to get the ball for a goal kick, like he couldn’t wait for the final whistle. 

The young lads looked decent, that was a positive. Ndiaye looks better all the time. Lindstrom looked lovely, just needs time to get up to speed.

Our experienced players let us down last night. Not just mistakes, but effort. No one took the game and got hold of it. It was like a boring training match.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Keane actually did well.

The subs that were made actually changed the game in a positive way for us. We played in their last third for most of the last twenty minutes. Our finishing was just exceptionally poor. 

What was most disappointing was that our players weren’t fighting for anything. We had 90 seconds to go and Robles dawdled across to get the ball for a goal kick, like he couldn’t wait for the final whistle. 

The young lads looked decent, that was a positive. Ndiaye looks better all the time. Lindstrom looked lovely, just needs time to get up to speed.

Our experienced players let us down last night. Not just mistakes, but effort. No one took the game and got hold of it. It was like a boring training match.

We signed Robles again? Virginia will be disappointed 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Keane actually did well.

Nice to read that, Shukes. Amidst the doom and gloom, important to stay both positive and realistic.