IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

10 minutes ago, patto said:

Don’t worry plenty will want this job it’s top money and a great challenge 

It's a toxic pool with an afk board, an owner who's got the club in massive financial trouble despite putting half a billion (or whatever it was) of his own cash in, a squad that should be crusing a lot of the time but have the mental fragility of a niknak and fans who turn the moment things look iffy. Which part of all that, if you're not an Evertonian, is an attractive offer? Other than the 2 types of managers you'll attract that I mentioned above.

Edit: you could argue the stadium but if that's the drive behind the manager, it'll just keep history repeating. 

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's a toxic pool with an afk board, an owner who's got the club in massive financial trouble despite putting half a billion (or whatever it was) of his own cash in, a squad that should be crusing a lot of the time but have the mental fragility of a niknak and fans who turn the moment things look iffy. Which part of all that, if you're not an Evertonian, is an attractive offer? Other than the 2 types of managers you'll attract that I mentioned above.

Edit: you could argue the stadium but if that's the drive behind the manager, it'll just keep history repeating. 

This has been my point all along. How could any manager (besides an Allardyce-type) look at this club and be excited about the job? It's an absolute shit show

32 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This has been my point all along. How could any manager (besides an Allardyce-type) look at this club and be excited about the job? It's an absolute shit show

5 million a year some decent players a new stadium for next season, a solid fan base and new owners pending to ease the finances, fuck me if they’ve got anything about them what’s not to like. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

5 million a year some decent players a new stadium for next season, a solid fan base and new owners pending to ease the finances, fuck me if they’ve got anything about them what’s not to like. 

Sounds like a time machine for when Moshiri was being touted as the saviour.

Still, if it's so obviously an attractive offer, where's the queue?

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sounds like a time machine for when Moshiri was being touted as the saviour.

Still, if it's so obviously an attractive offer, where's the queue?

Until the jobs available you don’t get a queue, but that’s not to say Thelwell hasn’t been sounding possible targets out. 
Im confident when it’s time there will be plenty who throw their hat in the ring. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Until the jobs available you don’t get a queue, but that’s not to say Thelwell hasn’t been sounding possible targets out. 
Im confident when it’s time there will be plenty who throw their hat in the ring. 

So you think we fire a manager and then start sounding out potential candidates?

What makes you so confident? Just look at our record since Ancelotti and tell me there will be queues :lol:

6 hours ago, Matt said:

So 1 old guy who fits turbos exclusively and doesn't give a shit about brakes and no one else?

Edit: financially you'll get a big compensation package but near fuck all to work with in the markets meaning you can't get the players you want to impose your philosophy. So it attracts either the mercenary (FSW) or the incompetent (FL). We're stuck with Dyche because of a decade of mismanagement and he's got the job until Textor is in. He'll be gone before January if the deal goes through, Potter will be in and we'll plod along passing to each other for a change but not doing much with it.

You think all managers want a big transfer budget? 🤣. Biggest misconception in the game - big budget = expectations. 

managers like Dyche, Moyes, Allardyce love the low budget backs to walls - working wonders on low finance and the ability to talk about being plucky overachievers etc. 

why potter? Why any manager who has had prem experience?  Why not actually look at managers outside of the prem a bit like Brighton have done. Why not maybe carsley....?

you are talking like no one would want to manage us - absolutely crazy.  There are tons of managers who would love to manage Everton  

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you think we fire a manager and then start sounding out potential candidates?

What makes you so confident? Just look at our record since Ancelotti and tell me there will be queues :lol:

Matt - you've gone from backing Dyche to now saying "who else would do the job"

maybe you've been drawn into believing the Dyche soundbites that carragher alluded to that he is somehow doing us a favour. 

he isn't doing us a favour - he's been paid a fortune already including his £3m survival bonus.  He will walk away having earned £20m from our club for a few years work. 

This manager seems to make you believe the words he says - sadly it looks like the players stopped doing that a good while back. 

Fortunately the pipeline of football managers who would ditch their current club in favour of trebling their wages is likely to be far bigger than you think and will be on a detailed list that isn't gonna get reviewed by people who shouldn't be picking footy managers and instead will listen to the dof 

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Matt - you've gone from backing Dyche to now saying "who else would do the job"

maybe you've been drawn into believing the Dyche soundbites that carragher alluded to that he is somehow doing us a favour. 

he isn't doing us a favour - he's been paid a fortune already including his £3m survival bonus.  He will walk away having earned £20m from our club for a few years work. 

This manager seems to make you believe the words he says - sadly it looks like the players stopped doing that a good while back. 

Fortunately the pipeline of football managers who would ditch their current club in favour of trebling their wages is likely to be far bigger than you think and will be on a detailed list that isn't gonna get reviewed by people who shouldn't be picking footy managers and instead will listen to the dof 

What are you talking about :rofl:

Still can't name a replacement out of all those top quality managers who've been waiting for us who don't care about budgets? 

Fucking hell mate I needed that :lol:

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

What are you talking about :rofl:

Still can't name a replacement out of all those top quality managers who've been waiting for us who don't care about budgets? 

Fucking hell mate I needed that :lol:

What am I talking about? Seriously?

you make applying to manage a footy club sound like it's a queue at the turnstile with your cv..... 🤣 "giz a job"

you are smoking some seriously strong shit if you don't think Everton couldn't pull in managers from all over the world to manage us.  Do you think it's only prem league managers that we can employ???? 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What am I talking about? Seriously?

you make applying to manage a footy club sound like it's a queue at the turnstile with your cv..... 🤣 "giz a job"

you are smoking some seriously strong shit if you don't think Everton couldn't pull in managers from all over the world to manage us.  Do you think it's only prem league managers that we can employ???? 

I'm still waiting for you to actually suggest one to be honest :lol: for all your confidence, you don't seem to be able to give any examples. 

You seem to think we're still the Everton of the 80s (and I'm seriously jealous that you remember all that, I was 6-7 in the last season and all my weekends were watching my Dad play). If we were, I'd be in total agreement with you. However in the present and recent past, we have become a joke of a club with no finances, a rotating door of managers and staff in general plus an owner who apparently is more incompetent at selling than he was buying and that's saying something. Plus all the other reasons you either ignore or for some reason don't think are valid. It's all these extras that float around my head and why I cannot point a finger at 1 cog in the machine, especially when the owner is drunk at the helm. 

But go on, just 1 name. For example, I'm really hoping England sort their shit out about the same time a sale goes through and we get Carsley. Partly because he was one of my favourite players growing up but I still maintain we never replaced him. Never going to happen like, but I can dream and dreams can at least distract from this current reoccurance of our collective nightmare that is Moshiri Era Everton.

Just to clarify, I don't need a manager or a poster to tell me what I believe. I understand a lot of his decisions despite them being unpopular because I feel I understand his situation. Whether I actually do or not isn't really relavent, it's just explaining why.

He's always had my backing because of that and because I knew he was temporary, brought in to stabilise the club when it was on its knees. He's 2 years into a 3 year plan; the squad is looking better although that's largely KT, our defence last season was a maaaaassive improvement on the years before and will be again when we have the starters fit again, we finished mid table excluding the points deduction and a thread bare squad...

So yeah, he gets a bit more patience and understanding from me because of the situation we're in. I also make a conscious effort to avoid the "instant gratification" induced expectations that society seems to have. People talking about relegation fights and 6 pointers in September have no interest in or knowledge of the game and that kind of idiocy I cannot abide. 

When were not in this situation, he'll be gone with a pat on the back and a thanks. I don't think he's the Messiah, I think and have so far been proven right that he's the best man for the job, largely because of a lack of options and a shitty situation created by the owner. When that changes, he'll be gone and then we'll have to wait another 2 years to see which next chump takes a sip of the poisoned chalice...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm still waiting for you to actually suggest one to be honest :lol: for all your confidence, you don't seem to be able to give any examples. 

You seem to think we're still the Everton of the 80s (and I'm seriously jealous that you remember all that, I was 6-7 in the last season and all my weekends were watching my Dad play). If we were, I'd be in total agreement with you. However in the present and recent past, we have become a joke of a club with no finances, a rotating door of managers and staff in general plus an owner who apparently is more incompetent at selling than he was buying and that's saying something. Plus all the other reasons you either ignore or for some reason don't think are valid. It's all these extras that float around my head and why I cannot point a finger at 1 cog in the machine, especially when the owner is drunk at the helm. 

But go on, just 1 name. For example, I'm really hoping England sort their shit out about the same time a sale goes through and we get Carsley. Partly because he was one of my favourite players growing up but I still maintain we never replaced him. Never going to happen like, but I can dream and dreams can at least distract from this current reoccurance of our collective nightmare that is Moshiri Era Everton.

Moyes would crawl here and he's an infinitely better manager than Dyche.  Theres one for a start....

as for others carsley - when England spell is over and that's without even looking 

if takeover is as close as some will have use believe, then that's the time for a new broom to sweep clean and change the manager. 

I don't see the point in rocking the boat before then and sacking Dyche.

I would not be surprised if team Textor dont't already have the list of replacements drawn up. 

So far this season, Dyche is making the new owners decision to swap him out as their first order of business an easy one. 

Textor will likely already have a manager lined up, he’s involved in football in various countries, with staff in those countries. It wouldn’t surprise me if he brings in someone we’ve not heard of from a country where he has another club. 
The same might go for the director of football, id expect him to have someone in mind for that post. 

I expect him to give the manager a few games under his tenure to not look like he’s walks in and starts firing bullets. But when there is a time to move on the manager I expect he moves on the director of football too. 
I don’t see Dyche and Thelwell being at the club when the window opens in January. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Oh wow, you really do loathe him :lol:

I don't loathe him - I didn't loathe lampard, didn't loathe many other managers maybe Koeman but essentially I'm looking at it from the perspective of "is he the right man"

no he's not.  I didn't think he was the right man when he went months without a win, I didn't think he was the right man when he stubbornly sticks with players that he shouldn't. 

his slap on Pattersons head was his watershed moment - quite clear it was a moment that caused an irreparable issue in team dynamics. 

aside from the players having a week where they pulled it out the bag his tenure of the last 9-10 months has been pretty poor.  He's been given credit for keeping us in the league - fine, whatever.  5 wins since early December last year and 3 of those were in one week. 

but yeah - as I stated elsewhere. I had a conversation with someone who knows a bonfide Everton scout - dyche is pretty much out.  His stubbornness is said to be beyond logic to the point of being comical. 

lets be honest - when you hear him questioned on his baffling decisions his responses are very over egged in sarcasm to the point that it's clear he absolutely hates being questioned or suggested what he should do. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I don't loathe him - I didn't loathe lampard, didn't loathe many other managers maybe Koeman but essentially I'm looking at it from the perspective of "is he the right man"

no he's not.  I didn't think he was the right man when he went months without a win, I didn't think he was the right man when he stubbornly sticks with players that he shouldn't. 

his slap on Pattersons head was his watershed moment - quite clear it was a moment that caused an irreparable issue in team dynamics. 

aside from the players having a week where they pulled it out the bag his tenure of the last 9-10 months has been pretty poor.  He's been given credit for keeping us in the league - fine, whatever.  5 wins since early December last year and 3 of those were in one week. 

but yeah - as I stated elsewhere. I had a conversation with someone who knows a bonfide Everton scout - dyche is pretty much out.  His stubbornness is said to be beyond logic to the point of being comical. 

lets be honest - when you hear him questioned on his baffling decisions his responses are very over egged in sarcasm to the point that it's clear he absolutely hates being questioned or suggested what he should do. 

Not to argue the point but loathe is spot on:

loathe

verb

feel intense dislike or disgust for. 

she loathed him on sight.

Sounds about right to me mate, I deliberately didn't use hate :)

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not to argue the point but loathe is spot on:

loathe

verb

feel intense dislike or disgust for. 

she loathed him on sight.

Sounds about right to me mate, I deliberately didn't use hate :)

Intense dislike or disgust - yeah I'm ok with my understanding of the English language without you needing to google search what a word means and educate me. 

I'll stick to being my own judge of my own emotions and not rely on you playing Dr Melfi.  At the moment he is fortunate to be the manager of the club I have supported for 40 years - my regard for him is transient, once he leaves his position he will not enter my mind. It's a professional view not a personal one. He could come out with all the sarcasm and gaslighting he wants as long as he's doing the job well. Couldn't give a stuff otherwise. 

I'll reserve disgust and loathe for people who are bad humans and not those who are a bit too big for their boots and not good at their job. 

Thanks anyway though 👍

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Intense dislike or disgust - yeah I'm ok with my understanding of the English language without you needing to google search what a word means and educate me. 

I'll stick to being my own judge of my own emotions and not rely on you playing Dr Melfi.  At the moment he is fortunate to be the manager of the club I have supported for 40 years - my regard for him is transient, once he leaves his position he will not enter my mind. It's a professional view not a personal one. He could come out with all the sarcasm and gaslighting he wants as long as he's doing the job well. Couldn't give a stuff otherwise. 

I'll reserve disgust and loathe for people who are bad humans and not those who are a bit too big for their boots and not good at their job. 

Thanks anyway though 👍

Wasn't playing Dr Melfi, I don't see you as a mob boss for a start :lol:

All I was pointing out that I had searched for a different word because you've pointed out in the past you don't hate players or managers despite your writing style so I looked up a better word to express myself and loathe fits by the definition of the English language and how you write your posts. I even said it wasn't to argue and that it was to explain why I chose the word :lol: