Tactical Talent / Total Tool and wouldn't come near us

Get Stuffed and I don't want him near us

Failed Loser and I don't want him near us again

Grim Prospect and I don't want him near us

Dreary Manner and I don't want him near us again

X-Factor but wouldn't come near us

Zzzz in our dreams

Jolly Kind to put him in the list but wouldn't come near us

Well thanks for bringing us back down to earth. I'd hoped this might be a bit more of a positive idea :lol:

10 hours ago, Formby said:

Tactical Talent / Total Tool and wouldn't come near us

Get Stuffed and I don't want him near us

Failed Loser and I don't want him near us again

Grim Prospect and I don't want him near us

Dreary Manner and I don't want him near us again

X-Factor but wouldn't come near us

Zzzz in our dreams

Jolly Kind to put him in the list but wouldn't come near us

Could you put that to music in an early eighties electronic vibe please. 
Once an artist always an artist 😉

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think he's toast as soon as Textor gets in, 

heard from someone who scouts and his stubbornness within the club has reached parody levels. It was stated weeks ago that He will not see the new stadium and I believe he is acting like he knows this 

Textor pretty much said as much. I don't think it's time to get rid of him but only because I don't see who comes in. It's fear of the unknown thats the only thing holding me back at the moment.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Textor pretty much said as much. I don't think it's time to get rid of him but only because I don't see who comes in. It's fear of the unknown thats the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Carragher made the point in his article in the telegraph that it is commonly said to him that Dyche seems to think he's doing us a favour by managing us. 

I think that's carragher making his observation. 

I think it's spot on too 

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

This is sadly true. It’s beyond astonishing that he is continually putting his faith in players we all know are not up to scratch. If JO’B has a stinker of a game the fans will at least cut Dyche slack knowing he may need to adjust to the league.

The most disappointing part of the Villa game is we didn’t even try to play, they looked very suspect at the back when ever we got near their goal.

I expect so much more from Everton, manager & players alike.

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

This is sadly true. It’s beyond astonishing that he is continually putting his faith in players we all know are not up to scratch. If JO’B has a stinker of a game the fans will at least cut Dyche slack knowing he may need to adjust to the league.

The most disappointing part of the Villa game is we didn’t even try to play, they looked very suspect at the back when ever we got near their goal.

I expect so much more from Everton, manager & players alike.

One of the biggest issues is that some of our fans believe the dyche mechanic line "ooohhh it's not good, I've looked under the bonnet and I'll do my best and it will cost ya"

yeah we know the car isn't ready for Le Mans but it's not gonna fail it's MOT. 

he's being found out for being a blame shifting politician now. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

One of the biggest issues is that some of our fans believe the dyche mechanic line "ooohhh it's not good, I've looked under the bonnet and I'll do my best and it will cost ya"

yeah we know the car isn't ready for Le Mans but it's not gonna fail it's MOT. 

he's being found out for being a blame shifting politician now. 

The mechanic analogy works but I'd tweak it slightly. He was the only mechanic willing to look under the bonnet with any relevant experience and knowledge, saw the shit show and still managed to plug the gaps and get the car to run. Sometimes got it looking like being able to do some racing at times. That's despite the owner refusing to put any money into the repairs because the owner has been paying Swiss Tonys for 7 years prior and is now skint. Problem is that each hole he plugs someone else breaks down because whilst the core components are very good, all components are prone to failure and it's these individual failings that keep costing us. That's been an issue with this car for Moshiri since he took over and that's the root cause for me. 

I don’t know who the answer is. 
how long can we go on with how we are?

Im not for changing managers early. But there is some disconnect between the manager and clubs direction, as in Thelwell. 
I can’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Like Cara said in commentary yesterday… we don’t see these new players on training so don’t know if they are up to speed or not. He also pointed out that professional players shouldn’t fold like they did. 

Is this due to the manager? Or just down to the core players we have, just aren’t good enough? How many managers have tried with these lads and not been able to get the best out of them.

Could a Moyes type get the absolute best out of them?

Do we need a completely different type to come in and start from the beginning?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The mechanic analogy works but I'd tweak it slightly. He was the only mechanic willing to look under the bonnet with any relevant experience and knowledge, saw the shit show and still managed to plug the gaps and get the car to run. Sometimes got it looking like being able to do some racing at times. That's despite the owner refusing to put any money into the repairs because the owner has been paying Swiss Tonys for 7 years prior and is now skint. Problem is that each hole he plugs someone else breaks down because whilst the core components are very good, all components are prone to failure and it's these individual failings that keep costing us. That's been an issue with this car for Moshiri since he took over and that's the root cause for me. 

Theres not many mechanics out there who would turn down £5m a year to work on a car that needs work doing to it. 

He reminds me of people I worked with who were on their 3 months redundancy notice. literally didn't care - had that "oh well" demeanour.  Spent days working on their CV and printing off pieces of work that they will take to their next job.  Sat in meetings having a laugh and a joke instead of getting down to business like previously 

I'm so bored of sacking managers (so much so that I was actually behind keeping Lampard for some stability) but Dyche can go for me. His only USP is that he's great at making teams solid, and we've started this season as solid as the topping of a banoffee pie.

The basic shit of starting Young and Keane, despite benching the likes of O'Brian is footballing suicide.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm so bored of sacking managers (so much so that I was actually behind keeping Lampard for some stability) but Dyche can go for me. His only USP is that he's great at making teams solid, and we've started this season as solid as the topping of a banoffee pie.

The basic shit of starting Young and Keane, despite benching the likes of O'Brian is footballing suicide.

There's no evidence O'Brien  is any better than Keane he can't even get in the Irish team.

When Jarrad gets back things will improve we just need to make sure he is fit and not rush him back..

I'm fully appreciative of what Dyche has done in his time here despite me never having wanted him as manager, and only warming to him a bit more over time, but I think that when new owners come in (whoever they end up being) there needs to be a total reset at the club from top to bottom. New ideas, new people, new everything. A clean slate.

That means Dyche and Thelwell go and we start again. It simply has to happen because we're stale and just drifting.

I can't say I'm all that keen on Textor but I think that is something he would do, so that's a tick in his box in terms of convincing me (not that he gives a shit what I think :lol:).

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I don’t know who the answer is. 
how long can we go on with how we are?

Im not for changing managers early. But there is some disconnect between the manager and clubs direction, as in Thelwell. 
I can’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Like Cara said in commentary yesterday… we don’t see these new players on training so don’t know if they are up to speed or not. He also pointed out that professional players shouldn’t fold like they did. 

Is this due to the manager? Or just down to the core players we have, just aren’t good enough? How many managers have tried with these lads and not been able to get the best out of them.

Could a Moyes type get the absolute best out of them?

Do we need a completely different type to come in and start from the beginning?

What we need is a top scout I'm already thinking these new recruits are not good enough let's be honest we've stumbled on Tim we can't judge Mangala yet thankfully 3 are loans.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Theres not many mechanics out there who would turn down £5m a year to work on a car that needs work doing to it. 

He reminds me of people I worked with who were on their 3 months redundancy notice. literally didn't care - had that "oh well" demeanour.  Spent days working on their CV and printing off pieces of work that they will take to their next job.  Sat in meetings having a laugh and a joke instead of getting down to business like previously 

Yeah, so we keep hearing. Except not one of them took the job despite the wages and prestige, so it's a completely irrelevant statement still.

Won't bother with the second part because we both know how it'll go and I'd like to enjoy part of my weekend. 

35 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

With injuries to 2 (now 3) of the back 4. That part will resolve itself by October or whenever we get a stable back 4 :lol:

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, so we keep hearing. Except not one of them took the job despite the wages and prestige, so it's a completely irrelevant statement still.

Won't bother with the second part because we both know how it'll go and I'd like to enjoy part of my weekend. 

Who did we offer the job to? 

we had bielsa agree to join but in the summer, there are not many managers who would turn us down. The ones who would are the ones who want to manage champions league sides. 

financially - managing Everton is a no brainer.  

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Who did we offer the job to? 

we had bielsa agree to join but in the summer, there are not many managers who would turn us down. The ones who would are the ones who want to manage champions league sides. 

financially - managing Everton is a no brainer.  

So 1 old guy who fits turbos exclusively and doesn't give a shit about brakes and no one else?

Edit: financially you'll get a big compensation package but near fuck all to work with in the markets meaning you can't get the players you want to impose your philosophy. So it attracts either the mercenary (FSW) or the incompetent (FL). We're stuck with Dyche because of a decade of mismanagement and he's got the job until Textor is in. He'll be gone before January if the deal goes through, Potter will be in and we'll plod along passing to each other for a change but not doing much with it.

52 minutes ago, patto said:

There's no evidence O'Brien  is any better than Keane he can't even get in the Irish team.

When Jarrad gets back things will improve we just need to make sure he is fit and not rush him back..

He will definitely be a big plus when he returns but he won’t be able to fix all the problems, for me a new manager with a new direction is evidently the only way forward.