IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Granted the players bottled it but everyone in the ground could see that coming. The midfield had ran out of steam and he decides to take off DCL and Ndiaye, who was our best outlet

There was so much right about the performance today for 80 minutes but as much as the players were guilty of capitulating Dyche was guilty of piss poor game management 

Conceding one looked likely. 3 in 10 minutes is criminal regardless of tactics or subs. They have no mental strength.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Conceding one looked likely. 3 in 10 minutes is criminal regardless of tactics or subs. They have no mental strength.

Dyche still should have seen it coming and changed it before they got the first goal back

Should have brought on Garner and Doucs to shore up the midfield . Definitely should have left Ndiaye on

I'm too angry to think straight. Sorry lads. I'm not excusing Dyche, he should've done something else but I'm just so fucking sick of professional footballers making such basic, basic errors time after time and the finger goes at the manager immediately. He will be gone and then we'll be starting this whole rigmarole all over again as the Old Lady squirms, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone sold in January just so he can be sacked earlier. But we need a professional psychologist as a manager, there's just something fundamentally wrong mentally for the frequency of this braindeadedness.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm too angry to think straight. Sorry lads. I'm not excusing Dyche, he should've done something else but I'm just so fucking sick of professional footballers making such basic, basic errors time after time and the finger goes at the manager immediately. He will be gone and then we'll be starting this whole rigmarole all over again as the Old Lady squirms, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone sold in January just so he can be sacked earlier. But we need a professional psychologist as a manager, there's just something fundamentally wrong mentally for the frequency of this braindeadedness.

There is most definitely something wrong, as you said. It all began with Moshiri, I'm afraid. We have to "clean" up this mess. Whenever the team gets a bit of confidence it get dragged out of them right away; be that on the pitch or not.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Totally agree with your point about the players, the team and the tactics Dyche put out worked for 80 minutes and at the end of the day they should have been out of sight way before Bournemouth got one back

It was shameful how the players capitulated from that point on and Dyche is spot on with what he said after the game but he needs to look in the mirror and accept he was equally culpable 

He said himself in his post match interview that he could sense what was going to happen. If that was the case why wasn't he more proactive? You can't say as the manager that you knew it was coming, but fail to actually do anything. Especially as he has also said that it's the same problems as has been since he came in.

If he could sense something like this was going to happen and has experienced these same things before, why doesn't he do something about? That's his job! Even if it's a 'psychological' problem with the players, or a 'cultural' problem at the club, it's still Dyche's job to fix these things.

Say all you want about the players mentality and weakness to throw that lead away, but at the end of the day, we lost that game because of poor game management - and the responsibility for that lies with Dyche.

He needs to read Jocko Willink's book about leadership and ownership. 

50 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

He said himself in his post match interview that he could sense what was going to happen. If that was the case why wasn't he more proactive? You can't say as the manager that you knew it was coming, but fail to actually do anything. Especially as he has also said that it's the same problems as has been since he came in.

If he could sense something like this was going to happen and has experienced these same things before, why doesn't he do something about? That's his job! Even if it's a 'psychological' problem with the players, or a 'cultural' problem at the club, it's still Dyche's job to fix these things.

Say all you want about the players mentality and weakness to throw that lead away, but at the end of the day, we lost that game because of poor game management - and the responsibility for that lies with Dyche.

He needs to read Jocko Willink's book about leadership and ownership. 

Fazakerley

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I’m not a “Dyche out” guy(yet), but his subs are always a massive let down. 

I’m with you on this - I still think Dyche is the ‘right’ man for now (only because he’s in the role) - change should only come if we are looking like we could be slipping adrift and/or (preferably) when the takeover is complete. With Dyche, Thelwell and half the squad out of contract next summer plus a huge difference in budget as well benefit from the new stadium sponsorship and end an era of financial mismanagement- perfect chance to completely flip this club - I can’t wait personally - I just we can get to this point!!!

The players have a big part to play in this defeat they capitulated, they lost their shape composure and belief, and Dyche is equally as guilty for the calapse for not making the right decisions at the right time. 
When a team aren’t making the right calls and decisions it’s up to the manager to step in and implement the changes and the direction to keep the team in the game, Dyche never did that he shit the bed just as much as the players did. 

seen and heard a lot more since the final whistle, and didn't realise a lot more players where much more tired than Ndiaye.

Does sound that the wrong substitute where made and much more should have been made of the players we had on the bench. 

when he said in post match interview he could 'smell it', it does beg the question - why didn't you do something more about it with additional subs. 

Dyche is showing all the signs of fat Sam when it comes to throwing his players under the bus and accepting no responsibility for what transpired. 
Cowardly behaviour from the manager isn’t acceptable, he needs to stand up and admit his poor decisions contributed to the loss of the game. 

I’ve cooled down a bit from the initial loss last night. It’s on everyone. Dyche could have done things better but there was no need for Myko to be pushing on as much as he was at the end there. Unfortunately Myko had a nightmare towards the end of the game, along with a few others.

After the firsts goal, the panic set in & it was pretty clear to see we weren’t comfortable. Keane has done an okay job filling in but so much of the unease comes from him.

The only saving grace is that we completely dominated that game for 85 minutes. It’s inexcusable to throw that away & totally avoidable. Signs of a team that’s not sure how to win. A couple of minor changes in personnel will make massive differences though, Branthwaite being one for sure. 

To me it looked like Dyche wasn’t going to make any subs at all, and I think if that had been the case we would have won 2-0, but taking off both our goal threats and the players who were able to hold the ball up to bring others into play allowed Bournemouth to get a grip on the game and go all out attack, they had nothing to loose at 86 mins in. Tim was gassed having been brilliant once again, which opened up our midfield, the subs should have been Coleman, Tim and McNeil, for Dixon, Garner and Lindstrom imo.

Having said all that the 11 on the pitch should have had the ability to shore up and protect the lead, defenders flying up to attack left us horribly exposed, and our heads threw a huge wobble from 2-1 onwards, part manager part players at fault, with Dyche not getting the subs right being the catalyst.

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You could see Gueye and Iroegbunam were blowing out of their arses
Dyche even said he could smell it so why not change it ?

For most of last season the squad was so thin that we had no options from the bench but he had Armstrong and Garner their so why not use them?

He'd also just watched Bournemouth bring on 5 pacy players. It was so negligent of him to do absolutely nothing to combat that.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am absolutely not absolving the players of blame in any way, shape or form but this is the Dyche thread so it's where I am going to go to town on his performance today.

He deserves a lot of credit for the first 80-85 minutes of the game because I thought we were fucking fantastic. I can't remember the last time we've played that well. We had swagger, verve, confidence. We looked solid and like there was a plan that we were executing. Bournemouth were barely in the game, we completely snuffed them out.

Then when it was on Dyche to make the decisions to see us through to the three points he fucking failed. Miserably. He didn't need to take Ndiaye off but if you're going to then don't fucking bring Doucoure on. That then means that McNeil, who was utterly fucked by then, had to move to the left wing where his tiredness really showed and he got destroyed. Semenyo had been dog shit up until then but given an exhausted McNeil to go up against and it was a case of witnessing a fucking murder. If you want to keep McNeil on (who I thought had a fantastic game behind DCL) then just leave him as the number 10 where his tiredness can't hurt us as much and bring Lindstrom (or even Ashley fucking Young at a push) on and just keep things the same. Don't fuck about with it. It's no coincidence that it took 2/3 minutes for Bournemouth to get their first once this sub happened.

Then he made it worse by taking DCL off, who had led the line impeccably for us, and bringing on Beto. So the two players who were giving us an easy out every time, in Ndiaye and DCL, were now off the pitch for a player that can't pass, can't keep hold of the ball and can't tackle (Doucoure) and another that can't really play football at all (Beto).

The two that went off didn't even look that tired, but do you know who did? Coleman, Iroegbunam and McNeil. Tired is an understatement tbh. Like I said earlier, you can get away with leaving McNeil on if you just leave him where he was! You cannot get away with leaving Coleman and Iroegbunam on though. Tim had yet another brilliant game for us - getting up and down the pitch, winning the ball back, moving the ball on intelligently 9 times out of 10 - so I feel sorry for him but he was so done. He was being bypassed with ease by then and needed to be subbed for Garner. That's a safe substitution so it should have been right up Dyche's street. But fuck no, lets leave the centre of the pitch to be annihilated. You can't get away with leaving Coleman either because when his legs have gone they have GONE.

Also, we conceded goals from headers when we had a 6ft fucking 5 defender sat on the bench plaiting his pubic hair. I have seen Dyche bring on an extra CB in games that didn't even need it, that complicated things unnecessarily. Why the fuck did he not do it in a game where it actually made sense?

The manager's job at that point was to help his players because they were flagging. Instead, he abandoned them and left them like lambs to slaughter.

The players should not have fell apart to the extent that they did but, make no mistake, our manager played a huge role in that pathetic capitulation and the fact that he's taken no responsibility for what happened is a piss take and it's really fucking annoyed me.

Dyche likes to let everyone know that he makes the decisions - so when there is a decision that's sensible to be made he will often do something else just to let us know that he calls the shots. 

He frankly gaslights the fans and players alike. He puts his own political nonsense on things in his tedious, arrogant and sarcastic interviews. "Reality"  a word so overused by him but so misunderstood - he doesn't live in reality. 

I've never seen such a reaction to a manager in one game.  His blaming of the players was pathetic.

1. They ain't fit enough and that's on him. 

2. he had like for like swaps in the areas that we did struggle - garner/tim, Dixon/coleman, and maybe take off McNeil and put O'Neill as an extra centre half. 

yeah the players are fragile - but they were expressing themselves and gaining confidence and turning a corner. All he needed to do was to make smart subs, leave dcl and ndiaye to be the out balls and put legs in midfield and sure up defense 

it's on him 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche likes to let everyone know that he makes the decisions - so when there is a decision that's sensible to be made he will often do something else just to let us know that he calls the shots. 

He frankly gaslights the fans and players alike. He puts his own political nonsense on things in his tedious, arrogant and sarcastic interviews. "Reality"  a word so overused by him but so misunderstood - he doesn't live in reality. 

I've never seen such a reaction to a manager in one game.  His blaming of the players was pathetic.

1. They ain't fit enough and that's on him. 

2. he had like for like swaps in the areas that we did struggle - garner/tim, Dixon/coleman, and maybe take off McNeil and put O'Neill as an extra centre half. 

yeah the players are fragile - but they were expressing themselves and gaining confidence and turning a corner. All he needed to do was to make smart subs, leave dcl and ndiaye to be the out balls and put legs in midfield and sure up defense 

it's on him 

We’ve been talking about his lack of understanding when it comes to substitutes for over 18 months now. 
Thelwell has amassed a squad of players since his time here that any other manager in this league would be able to get more out of than Dyche will be capable of doing , it’s time for Thelwell to convince Moshiri to let him sack Dyche and bring a manager in who is more suitable to get the best out of the undoubted talent we have in the team. 

35 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Ok, I think he pretty clearly got the end of yesterday’s match very wrong. I’ve no idea how gassed which players were (they basically all looked gassed) but regardless of that his job was to figure out how to deal with tired legs and give us a foundation to get points that we absolutely should’ve gotten and he simply didn’t do that.

that said, acting like he’s purposefully not making sensible changes because he wants to “let us know he calls the shots” or is “gaslighting us” is completely insane. That wouldn’t be political reasons, unless the politics were trying to get sacked as quickly as possible.  He just got it wrong.

Purposefully not making common sense decisions is the downfall of many failing arrogant managers. It always has been. He is one arrogant manager. 

match that to his sarcastic responses to valid questions in interviews and you get the picture as to how he operates. He gets prickled by journos and answers back like a child. 

No one questions dyche without him letting you know who calls the shots. 

He shot himself in the foot with his in game management and post match comments.  Social media and fan channels have absolutely torn him to shreds - he's had his Gerald Ratner moment. I don't see him coming back.

plus side - thelwell has got us some superb players. Ndiaye, Tim, Mangala, O'Brien ...... we will be absolutely fine but it will need a new coach. 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Purposefully not making common sense decisions is the downfall of many failing arrogant managers. It always has been. He is one arrogant manager. 

match that to his sarcastic responses to valid questions in interviews and you get the picture as to how he operates. He gets prickled by journos and answers back like a child. 

No one questions dyche without him letting you know who calls the shots. 

He shot himself in the foot with his in game management and post match comments.  Social media and fan channels have absolutely torn him to shreds - he's had his Gerald Ratner moment. I don't see him coming back.

plus side - thelwell has got us some superb players. Ndiaye, Tim, Mangala, O'Brien ...... we will be absolutely fine but it will need a new coach. 

Feel like you said that multiple times last season...

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Crazy that he simply refuses to make such decisions when the games actually playing out, arguably the most important decision making time of all. 

I've never known a manager so stiff and inept when it comes to in-game management. It's actually pretty impressive.

Right, I've calmed down a bit and I still stand by what I said about the players.

But I'm clearly wrong about Dyche. I couldn't see past my rage of professionals not being able to do their basic jobs. But if it really was as obvious as everyone else says, then the manager really does need to shoulder the blame. I understood his motivation for just Doucoure and not wanting to upset a team badly devoid of confidence who were waltzing, it would've been a great result had the players not capitulated but he should've changed things to reinforce the team by replacing more tired legs.

My bad, was simply too angry.

50 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Crazy that he simply refuses to make such decisions when the games actually playing out, arguably the most important decision making time of all. 

I've never known a manager so stiff and inept when it comes to in-game management. It's actually pretty impressive.

When it went to 2-2 he should have had the sense to stop the momentum by bringing more subs on that’s what managers do he said he knew what was happening there was a couple of minutes to waste and he didn’t have the sense to do it. 
he stood and watched the calamity unfold.