IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

Are you backing Thelwell then? The same man who was part of the team which hired Dyche?

Personally, I see and hope for a complete fresh approach under the new ownership, starting with director of football.

Backing him? - I think it's fair to say that the majority of his tenure is likely to have been much of what brands encountered.

none the less I think he's operated ok..... of recent I think transfer activity has been ok. 

my point is "he should have an extensive list of replacements"..... was dyche his pick given that moshiri and kenwright were ruining the club? I don't know. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hang on, are you really criticising him for keeping clean sheets? Seems a bit harsh:unsure:

No I'm criticising him for not being able to win a game when an opponent scores just 1 goal at Goodison. Sadly that stat in itself puts your home win percentage at less than 47% even if you have the best clean sheet record at home.   The average home win percentage across the league is 49%

so to summarise - teams know that they just need to score one goal against us which is why we see teams do cavalier at goodison. His doing. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM MIKE.

Apathy is an amazing thing.  
fans are supposed to be happy to pay a lot of money to expect 0-1 points if the other team scores at Goodison.

"that's the reality"........ the verbal currency of dyche 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Backing him? - I think it's fair to say that the majority of his tenure is likely to have been much of what brands encountered.

none the less I think he's operated ok..... of recent I think transfer activity has been ok. 

my point is "he should have an extensive list of replacements"..... was dyche his pick given that moshiri and kenwright were ruining the club? I don't know. 

We/he should have a contingency plan but I don’t necessarily expect Thelwell to be here long-term as I don’t with Dyche et al. No major decisions like this should be made until the new ownership is sorted as we don’t know what direction those people want to take us - it’s almost perfect that these deals end in June/July… if the new owners feel any of the current set-up are the best for the job - fair enough, they can extend but for Moshiri to sack Dyche and his staff, pay them off, then have to hire a new management team - it’s just not going to happen unless things become drastic but that’d be at least in the new year. In fact, I’d guess Dyche is more likely to walk should someone come knocking once the managerial merry-go-round starts up.

55 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

It's obviouse that the Friedkin group purchase collapse had really knocked the wind out of the clubs sails, it has impacted the mood and feel of the fans massively, and it is ineviably going to impact playing and management staff as well. We are not a great squad of players and these fine lines make a difference. 

Think DCL situation is a massive elephant in the room for the squad at this moment in time. Come Friday night all will become crystal clear on the squad we have to play with this side of January. The unsettling period of a open transfer window will be behind the team. I think this season the balance of DCL going/staying/replaced is massive.

As has been the case in resent history our season doesn't start properly until the transfer window shuts. 

Brighton was a kick in the teeth result - and the first goal fallen our way, or we had gotten an equaliser penalty pretty sure that game goes a different way - One of our reliable player in Gana has a head fart and the game has then gone for us. Could Dyche have been braver? - given it ended in a 0-3 defeat, then probably yes, becasue a careful tactic needs to yeild at least a point!!. 

Spurs away - they are a much better squad and I was not expecting anything better than being out played by them and getting beat. Not a shocking result for us so early in the season, but on the back of a poor first game at home, it feels twice as bad - because its 7 goals without reply. 

Last season Dyche's and the teams results where both very good and some poor. However, he did more than enough over the course of last season for me to be happy with the number of the points the team won.

He has plenty enough credit in the bank for me to see him be given at least 10 -12 games at the beginning of this season.

Its debatable - credit in the bank?  Last year was probably the weakest league I've seen. 

Listening to Alan Stubbs on talksport who can be relied on not to gloss over things.   He is quite clear in his opinion that Dyche isn't going about things the right way - he was critical of his interviews, his reluctance to use new players.

He accepts dyche has had a tough job but is not prepared to listen to his nonsense - the lack of attacking threat being his huge bug bear.  He rightly says that the teams who came up this year are much better than last year. 

he's genuinely concerned 

50 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Its debatable - credit in the bank?  Last year was probably the weakest league I've seen. 

Listening to Alan Stubbs on talksport who can be relied on not to gloss over things.   He is quite clear in his opinion that Dyche isn't going about things the right way - he was critical of his interviews, his reluctance to use new players.

He accepts dyche has had a tough job but is not prepared to listen to his nonsense - the lack of attacking threat being his huge bug bear.  He rightly says that the teams who came up this year are much better than last year. 

he's genuinely concerned 

Everybody who has anything to do with Everton is genuinely concerned - about pretty much all aspect of the club.

I was critical of Dyche myself after Brighton - like I said, if you don't get anything out of game like Brighton after going in to it carefully, you are going to be on the backfoot from day one. Hindsight now shows he should have gone all guns blearing with one or two new signings in the starting line up.

Has a couple of games in front of him now, where I would expect a win or at the very least be the better team. If we do win the next two games even with something to spare, then he's still not any sort mesiah!! I can only judge the beginning of this season properly after a body of games. Last year was good and bad patches, so I not going to shit the bed on Dyche after only two games (with one being away to Spurs) given we are still in an unstable period (as discussed above). 

Agree, he/team need to be doing better. Lets see how the do over the next couple of games.

I assume he has had some involement in the players coming in, so it would seem extremely fool hardy to sack him off before they played a dozon or so games of a new season. 

Lost of pundits gave Dyche a lot of credit of what he got out our squad last season after we where given a prolonged kicking by the Premier League. So Stubbs opinion is only one of many. There may have been some poor teams around last year but the external shit this club had to deal with for pretty much the whole season was unpresidented.

I’ve  defended Dyche quite a bit and think he’s largely done a good job here. I don’t think he deserved blame at Brighton - I thought the side made sense and the tactics made sense as well. But I can’t give him a pass for the spurs performance. What was the plan? We knew that we had to sit back or press high and capitalize on their errors but we didn’t play anyone that can capitalize quickly and efficiently. Ndiaye not starting was crazy to me. And when he brought him on moving McNeil central was legitimately batshit crazy. Every fan with a pulse knows he can’t play central. He needs to make an adjustment quite quickly because the side simply doesn’t look like they know what the plan is.

9 minutes ago, Sev said:

You thought the tactics and the player selection made sense against Brighton? You need one more eye (of the tiger), if you ask me.

I did! They want to attack but the quality in their side is iffy in defense. We generated multiple turnovers in their side but didn’t capitalize. And unlike the matchup with spurs I thought it made sense to go with a lineup that was comfortable with the system. 

I agree that we kept catching them on the counter, but every time we did Doucs was about four yards offside. It just became a waste of time.

Im certain that if Doucs comes off for any of our other options at half time we could get something out of that game. 

Doucs had forgotten to bring his head with him that day, indeed. I also think the space between Calvert-Lewin and other attacking players was wider than a rhino's arse, which was a problem also at the Spurs game.

But both games stood out, to me, as a wrong mind-set from Dyche and certain players. And I still don't think Dyche can get much more out of the current team with his abilities, good and bad. I'm afraid, but hope not, it will be a terrible season for us as it stands out at this point.

Big run of fixtures coming up now, 10 fixtures in which we could win 6-8. I really hope after the cup tie Dyche looks to more of the new guys who all performed quite well. I thought our passing was a lot better & quicker in moments, really hoping to see more of that.

Edit - 10 not 19 😂

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know he's trying to mix things up and to be fair that's credit to him. But McNeil behind the striker is fucking stupid. Ndiaye would have sooo much more if an impact centrally. 

Ndiaye started the game in the 10 role, with McNeil and Lindstrom out wide.

They swapped to Ndiaye out wide and that's when he looked at his best tbh.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ndiaye started the game in the 10 role, with McNeil and Lindstrom out wide.

They swapped to Ndiaye out wide and that's when he looked at his best tbh.

First half was a bit sluggish all around, but yeah he looked good out wide too. Just don't see why the 1 foot wonder gets that role in any stage of the game, it's just bizarre.

Just now, Matt said:

First half was a bit sluggish all around, but yeah he looked good out wide too. Just don't see why the 1 foot wonder gets that role in any stage of the game, it's just bizarre.

:lol: I wouldn't have the 1 foot wonder in any role in any game for us.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

It did, but did you not notice the many sideways wandering she had done prior to that, his lack of being able to use his right foot is shocking and limits where he should play.

Completely agree with that too. He’s very limited. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

And it begins. The players throw away a 2-0 lead with minutes to go, manager puts on one of our hardest working midfielders on for the last minutes and it's the managers fault :rofl:

No fucking wonder the players cave like they do. 

I sat there watching from 70ish minutes praying for him to make some positive changes, seeing players tiring and knowing something was coming.  Just done with his opinion on using Subs.

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

And it begins. The players throw away a 2-0 lead with minutes to go, manager puts on one of our hardest working midfielders on for the last minutes and it's the managers fault :rofl:

No fucking wonder the players cave like they do. 

Cave in? He handed the initiative to Bournemouth - 15 minutes without ndiaye who literally ran the game. 

as soon as he went off Bournemouth looked like they had 2 extra men. Why take dcl off? 

we needed legs in midfield but took off our most attacking threat. 

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

On Dyche today - Tim, Harrison and NDiaye were flagging but he took 1 off. He could have easily shut up shop with O’Brien, Doucoure and Garner - no one would have battered an eye-lid at 2-0 but hey ho, he didn’t and the rest is history.

Tim for garner, O'Brien on to help sure things up, leave ndiaye to scare the crap out of them. 

awful awful game management 

Im really started to hate the way he keeps coming out saying “It’s been the same problem since I’ve been here,” about us caving in, not taking chances, poor game management, etc.

Isn’t it his job to sort these problems out and not keep saying it’s been the same problem since he’s come in.

Do your job Dyche or get gone!

I wasn’t happy with his subs today. Thought Tim and McNeil looked really tired, they should have been the ones replaced for me. Doucs and Garner would have been just fine. 

That said, the players on the pitch absolutely fell apart. Professional pride should be enough to not let it slip away.