IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

We stayed up last season because of our defence, with Branthwaite and Coleman / Patterson out we were missing half of it. I'm not saying its the only reason we lost, but it is a part of it/

we where one of the meanest defences for the whole of last season and yet we have let 7 in over two games.  I am pretty sure defensively we will improve.  

A couple of positive results are going to be needed to just change the vibe.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

How thin? He's been on yhin ice with you since not long after he signed :P

I was hoping he would show signs of at least evolving to being less pragmatic - which is putting it mildly. 

He had a first game of the season "let's get the crowd going" opportunity last week and killed optimism with his team.  Free shot yesterday and literally circled the wagons and got absolutely battered again. 

let's look at what he has said.... first game he picked Michael Keane over Job cos "Keane had a strong pre season"........ he didn't. He played in games vs Salford and Coventry where we got soundly beaten. 

He speaks of the importance of premier league experience - he had to play a 19 year old kid yesterday who was our man of the match. 

McNeil and Doucoure starting despite being poor both games - he's got new players there - unknown quantities who can give the opponents something to thing about..... nope same old same old. 

he said spurs were good cos first home game of season......ah pity we didn't get that sort of performance enhancement vs Brighton. 

Id take Moyes back in a heartbeat over Dyche - that's how I feel about him. 

13 hours ago, London Blue said:

I don't expect him to be sacked, and all the finger pointing is way too early. We are two games into a 38 game season, with squad that has key players missing. Dyche has been key to keeping us up and will quite rightly be given time.

I don't really look at the table for 10 games, mainly due to avoiding pain, but also as teams need to settle in.

It's not way too early at all. If we had a player who did nothing for 4 months last season and only had a good spell for one week towards the end and started the season poorly we would include his previous season as art of our appraisal. 

Dyche is like a stuck record now. 

The last time we won a game at Goodison where the opponents scored a goal was under Lampard. Absolutely shocking. Conceding 7 goals in 2 games under a manager who's tactics is to defend at all costs is unacceptable 

Potter seems to be holding out for another top job, he's already turned down a couple. Sweden & Ajax I'm aware of, assume he was contacted by the likes of Leicester/Forest when they went for Cooper/Nuno too.

Dyche stays simply as we can't afford to sack him and I agree that it would be another wobble to an already wobbly jelly - agree also that Moyes and Southgate would be pretty uninspiring replacements that would want 2-3 year contracts.

He’s the 6th highest paid manager in the league no wonder we can’t afford to get rid of him, and annoyingly he’s one of the worst managers in the league. 
Typical Everton since Moshiri took over pay some the best money for mediocre managers and players, that’s the recipe for failure and it’s fucking worked really well in our case. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

If we sack Dyche now then who comes? Who hires Dyche’s replacement - Moshiri? Thelwell?

Dyche and his staff only have 10months or so on their contracts but would all need compensation, which I’m guessing we can’t really budget for.

They would also need replacing… who? We can all throw out these fancy fantastical names but please refer back to who’s hiring the replacement. I’d guess our shortlist would be Moyes, Potter and Southgate…

Moyes - absolutely loved him and think he’s still a very good manager but do we really want to give him a 2-3year contract (because no one is coming here just to help us out for 10months or whatever) to help us undergo a squad revamp which is very likely next summer - I’m sure he’d do a good/safe job but it’s not anything new - I don’t see the masses buying into this.

Potter - long term, maybe very exciting but we’ve got to get through the here and now first… I’d trust Dyche with this squad over Potter any day of the week!

Southgate - lovely bloke but fuck off - I’m not having him as a club manager and hope our time lines don’t ever meet. He needs a job high up in the FA as soon as possible and shall never ever be linked with EFC.

Although not very exciting and very frustrating at times, I think we need Dyche and his staff for the short term as we’ll be okay (above the drop line) - nothing more but I think rocking an already pretty shipwrecked ship would just be ridiculous and very kneejerk.

The question "who do we get in" - let's be honest none of us are directors of football. If we were then maybe some of us would come out with names like de zerbi or herzeler before they became Brighton managers. 

point is - it's not for us to select the new manager but we are well equipped to know when the current one isn't up to scratch. 

Dyche is not up to the job 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The question "who do we get in" - let's be honest none of us are directors of football. If we were then maybe some of us would come out with names like de zerbi or herzeler before they became Brighton managers. 

point is - it's not for us to select the new manager but we are well equipped to know when the current one isn't up to scratch. 

So he and his team rescues us from the Lampard disaster and then kept us up the following season with points to spare when we had an 8 point deduction. Yet after two games of this season he is somehow now not up to the job?

He is probably a bit fucked off by yet another buyer falling through, that DCL is going to leave and he has no replacement and that he has had injuries to key players. But he has proved he is up to the job.

We need to support the team and the manager, show some faith, not jump on their backs after 2 games, forgetting what they have achieved in the last 2 seasons, namely keeping up and by doing so, arguably from administration.

28 minutes ago, London Blue said:

So he and his team rescues us from the Lampard disaster and then kept us up the following season with points to spare when we had an 8 point deduction. Yet after two games of this season he is somehow now not up to the job?

He is probably a bit fucked off by yet another buyer falling through, that DCL is going to leave and he has no replacement and that he has had injuries to key players. But he has proved he is up to the job.

We need to support the team and the manager, show some faith, not jump on their backs after 2 games, forgetting what they have achieved in the last 2 seasons, namely keeping up and by doing so, arguably from administration.

You seem to be of the belief that someone who improves a team after a manager gets sacked is good enough. I don't. I wait and see how they perform after the honeymoon. 

I'm not making this judgement after 2 games of the season - I'm making this judgement after over 55 league games.   He averages less points per game for us than he did at Burnley and Watford. Not good enough. 

not once has he won a game at goodison where the opponents have scored. Not good enough. 

no everton manager has ever gone as long without a win than dyche. 

I couldn't care less about dcl and if he leaves of not - I said this the other week. He wants to go and he's playing like he wants to go - but it's the sentimental "oh no - dcl is a top professional"..... he's an employee who wants out. He's not Richarlison who will run through a brick wall for us even though he knew he was getting sold. 

Dyche was stale and continues to be stale, he told us towards the end of pre season that he hasn't worked the players on tactical and technical play...... never would have guessed. Not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

But surely the best time to act is when the new owners are in, otherwise it’s potentially just giving someone a contract and then having to pay them off again or stick with someone who doesn’t align with what whoever will be leading the club post Moshiri wants… back to square one.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

But surely the best time to act is when the new owners are in, otherwise it’s potentially just giving someone a contract and then having to pay them off again or stick with someone who doesn’t align with what whoever will be leading the club post Moshiri wants… back to square one.

I'm assuming the director of football has an in depth list of candidates ready to meet his new boss.  My priority would be getting a new manager if I bought Everton . 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm assuming the director of football has an in depth list of candidates ready to meet his new boss.  My priority would be getting a new manager if I bought Everton . 

Exactly get a new manager first then look at players with his input. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Are you backing Thelwell then? The same man who was part of the team which hired Dyche?

Personally, I see and hope for a complete fresh approach under the new ownership, starting with director of football.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Are you backing Thelwell then? The same man who was part of the team which hired Dyche?

Personally, I see and hope for a complete fresh approach under the new ownership, starting with director of football.

Why get rid of KT? The DoF is supposed to be the long term position working towards the club's vision. Then again I suppose new owners have a new vision.

If we don't improve on last season I'd agree that a wholesale change of staff at all levels is needed. Trouble with that is it creates a lot of instability which is very risky. 

Change doesn't happen over night or over 5 years even when you're trying to build any successful project. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why get rid of KT? The DoF is supposed to be the long term position working towards the club's vision. Then again I suppose new owners have a new vision.

If we don't improve on last season I'd agree that a wholesale change of staff at all levels is needed. Trouble with that is it creates a lot of instability which is very risky. 

Change doesn't happen over night or over 5 years even when you're trying to build any successful project. 

I don’t have a strong opinion on Thelwell either way to be honest. His contract is in its final year like Dyche and his staff - I just feel that any new owner brings in their people especially if we’re part of a multi-club set-up.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's just hilarious considering they're 2-6 down at home. If that was us it'd be "already relegated" :rofl:

This fucking fanbase :lol:

Early days we will see don't forget Chelsea have some of the best players in the league 

26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I don’t have a strong opinion on Thelwell either way to be honest. His contract is in its final year like Dyche and his staff - I just feel that any new owner brings in their people especially if we’re part of a multi-club set-up.

Aaah didn't know his contract was coming up too, thanks. I'd imagine part of his remit is his own succession planning and handover. I hope.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Aaah didn't know his contract was coming up too, thanks. I'd imagine part of his remit is his own succession planning and handover. I hope.

Hate to say it but Liverpool’s squad is unreal the players on the bench wow. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The director of football needs to stay in a job himself. He’s got ten months left on his contract too.