IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

5 hours ago, Trigger said:

Given that I wouldn't have extended Young's contract under any conditions, I would have played Dixon if we absolutely had to play 4 at the back for tactical reasons.

However, I probably would have played 5 at the back and had McNeil/Harrison/Lindstrom as wingbacks.

With Brighton I would have had a high press on for most of the match and prepared to sub the front players at about 60mins to sustain it. 

We did press throughout the match. We only stopped when we went down to ten men, if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

This is again why it was so confusing when we kept being linked with winger after winger and midfielder after midfielder as our RB situation just sorta sat there.... Who could've possibly thought that this could go awry?!

It could be that we theoretically have 5 players at the club who can play right back. Coleman, Patterson, Young, Garner, Holgate.

So when you look at the depth of positions solely on that basis, right back wouldn't be a glaring issue. 

HOWEVER.

Just because we have 5 guys who technically can play that position doesn't mean we have 5 competent players at that position.

So yes, I would still love to see us get a proper right back, but if SD and KT looked at this group of 5 and thought it would be good enough to cover the season, and we had other glaring issues with the squad that needed to be addressed first, I can understand why we're holding firm on what we have

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It could be that we theoretically have 5 players at the club who can play right back. Coleman, Patterson, Young, Garner, Holgate.

So when you look at the depth of positions solely on that basis, right back wouldn't be a glaring issue. 

HOWEVER.

Just because we have 5 guys who technically can play that position doesn't mean we have 5 competent players at that position.

So yes, I would still love to see us get a proper right back, but if SD and KT looked at this group of 5 and thought it would be good enough to cover the season, and we had other glaring issues with the squad that needed to be addressed first, I can understand why we're holding firm on what we have

If they're actually going to run Garner out at RB (I think he's looked really solid there) then I have less of an issue with it. 

3 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

We did press throughout the match. We only stopped when we went down to ten men, if I remember correctly. 

The point of pressing is to get the ball and then keep it for an eventually chance on goal. The pressing was quite pathetic and unorganized and too way back, just look at the space between Calvert-Lewin and the midfielders.

Dyche-ball IS pressing and then counter, but you need the right players for that and we don't have that.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

What confuses me about the right back worries, when we have Coleman, Patterson, Young, Garner and Holgate, is we only have Mykolenko and Young who can play left back.

We need a left back!

... and a right. Young and Holgate is a big no to me and Coleman seems to have gotten to an age where he breaks easier.

Only a week and some left ...

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hang on just a minute there, that's an extremely un-TT appropriate response, sets a dangerous precedent...could you please revisit your post and edit to include minimally some scepticism of the opinion voiced by @StevO, with preferably a personal insult or two inserted. Will just get the site back on track👍

Fixed

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hang on just a minute there, that's an extremely un-TT appropriate response, sets a dangerous precedent...could you please revisit your post and edit to include minimally some scepticism of the opinion voiced by @StevO, with preferably a personal insult or two inserted. Will just get the site back on track👍

Fixed 😁

30 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I think he’ll be gone by Christmas. 

Watched the interview with him yesterday and he seems to have lost a lot of motivation for the job. 

If the results and performances don’t turn around quick, then it’ll get very toxic very quick I fear.

It's been toxic for about 10 years mate, bar a couple of moments 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's been toxic for about 10 years mate, bar a couple of moments 

True, but you know it can get a whole lot worse.

Im usually on the side of give the manager a chance but things are not looking good from my perspective.

And I fear it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

1 minute ago, Wall Writer said:

True, but you know it can get a whole lot worse.

Im usually on the side of give the manager a chance but things are not looking good from my perspective.

And I fear it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

I really don't. It's the same lack of impatience, the same finger pointing at individuals. It's the same old same old and people wonder why things don't change. 

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

Is that your preference, or what you think Dyche's preference is?

It’s what think Dyche preference is. I think he will be mainly a squad player than a regular starter. 
Only what I think though, and I have been known to get it wrong on the odd occasion.

Who’s sacking Dyche?!

Compensation plus fee for a new manager/staff… not happening!!! We can’t afford new signings so are we fuck sacking a manager and then paying for replacements.

I don’t see Dyche being our manager as we move into Bramley Moore as I think the new owners will bring in ‘their man’ and Dyche will either see out his contract or jump ship when it’s clear his time here is coming to an end.

If Dyche was going, he’d have gone last season after the run which followed the Spurs game - we can’t afford to sack him financially or, in my opinion, as he is still the best man for the job as it stands.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's not surviving this season if he doesn't change.

All of the new signings must start on Tuesday, no excuses.

I expect changes for Tuesday, it's against Bournemouth I need to see changes. I want to see Doucs and McNeal dropped as both have been poor for a while.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I expect changes for Tuesday, it's against Bournemouth I need to see changes. I want to see Doucs and McNeal dropped as both have been poor for a while.

It' against Doncaster, but I agree.

Harrison needs dropping as well, or at least moved from being a fucking 'winger'.

I don't expect him to be sacked, and all the finger pointing is way too early. We are two games into a 38 game season, with squad that has key players missing. Dyche has been key to keeping us up and will quite rightly be given time.

I don't really look at the table for 10 games, mainly due to avoiding pain, but also as teams need to settle in.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It' against Doncaster, but I agree.

Harrison needs dropping as well, or at least moved from being a fucking 'winger'.

Harrison played ok against Brighton, certainly in the first half. I would keep him in for a another couple of games. Having a couple of manager favourites like Doucs and McNeal dropped should send a message to the rest of the squad.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I don't expect him to be sacked, and all the finger pointing is way too early. We are two games into a 38 game season, with squad that has key players missing. Dyche has been key to keeping us up and will quite rightly be given time.

I don't really look at the table for 10 games, mainly due to avoiding pain, but also as teams need to settle in.

I agree with almost all of this, except for the part about key players missing. We've got a full-strength squad with the exception of Branthwaite and Coleman/Patterson. With an almost full-strength side, we should not have a -7 GD after 2 games

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Harrison played ok against Brighton, certainly in the first half.

I can't agree with that. He's fucking useless because time after time he was in a good position but did absolutely nothing with it.

That's why Brighton were quite happy to let Tarks keep playing the long ball to him.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I agree with almost all of this, except for the part about key players missing. We've got a full-strength squad with the exception of Branthwaite and Coleman/Patterson. With an almost full-strength side, we should not have a -7 GD after 2 games

We stayed up last season because of our defence, with Branthwaite and Coleman / Patterson out we were missing half of it. I'm not saying its the only reason we lost, but it is a part of it/

He’s great at motivating players when their backs are too the wall, he’s made a good living out of it over his managerial career, but when it comes to anything else other then fighting relegation battles he has very limited ability and experience. 
He’s not the manager to take us forward but he will keep us in and around the relegation zone for a pastime, a very poor tactician in my opinion we get the same every week no matter who we play home or away.