IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

He isn't going to change who he is.  That long spell of games without a win  followed by the necessary summit at finch farm says it all for me. 

I anticipate a continued stubborn approach. A new owner coming in may light a fire under his arse. 

There were some wild takes from him after the game yesterday but I'll just pick out one.

When he was asked about O'Brien not starting he said he didn't have PL experience. This was wild because he said it after his side had just been soundly beaten by a manager that had zero PL experience and a club that regularly picks up gems from outside of the PL.

I generally think Dyche doesn't bullshit us in his interviews but on this occasion I'm calling bullshit. 

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There were some wild takes from him after the game yesterday but I'll just pick out one.

When he was asked about O'Brien not starting he said he didn't have PL experience. This was wild because he said it after his side had just been soundly beaten by a manager that had zero PL experience and a club that regularly picks up gems from outside of the PL.

I generally think Dyche doesn't bullshit us in his interviews but on this occasion I'm calling bullshit. 

Hasn't done himself any favours.....

Dyche on fans leaving early......  "it seems like reality at this football club. If you're not winning and not doing well that's what happens."

well dyche let's look at what could possibly make fans leave....

In 29 attempts Dyche has never won a game at Goodison where the opposition has scored, all 12 wins have come from clean sheets. So 12/29 win ratio and all come when opponents don't score.

thats the "reality" you speak about dyche..... 

I don’t see why anyone is upset about those comments on the fans leaving early. 

If you want to leave early, leave early, if someone doesn’t like your decision does it make you want to make another decision? If not then why be bothered? If you leave early you don’t get mad at people who choose to stay until the end. So why be bothered about Dyche’s opinion on it. 
I don’t get it. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I don’t see why anyone is upset about those comments on the fans leaving early. 

If you want to leave early, leave early, if someone doesn’t like your decision does it make you want to make another decision? If not then why be bothered? If you leave early you don’t get mad at people who choose to stay until the end. So why be bothered about Dyche’s opinion on it. 
I don’t get it. 

When many paying customers leave early it usually indicates a bigger issue than "I want to get the earlier train or avoid traffic"..... yeah even when we win there will be people who leave but after an awful performance it's important that the manager gets the tone right.

"It seems like the reality at this football club"........ churlish comment - it's relevant at many football clubs.  He needs to remember that our fans have carried this team for the past few years.... sat through months of dross without a win. 

1st game of the season - the fans with a sense of optimism, new signings and he plays Keane instead of a lad who looked good in pre season and who on his worst day could be no worse than Keane.  Leaves it too long to make subs when it's clear Brighton have worked out his tactics.... 

nah - he's got this wrong. Southgateesque interview. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

When many paying customers leave early it usually indicates a bigger issue than "I want to get the earlier train or avoid traffic"..... yeah even when we win there will be people who leave but after an awful performance it's important that the manager gets the tone right.

"It seems like the reality at this football club"........ churlish comment - it's relevant at many football clubs.  He needs to remember that our fans have carried this team for the past few years.... sat through months of dross without a win. 

1st game of the season - the fans with a sense of optimism, new signings and he plays Keane instead of a lad who looked good in pre season and who on his worst day could be no worse than Keane.  Leaves it too long to make subs when it's clear Brighton have worked out his tactics.... 

To be fair I took his comment as a way of saying if we (the team) don’t produce the right performance the fans will let us know.

I don’t see any issue in what he has said whilst I do understand your take on it given the wording used. Dyche is not without faults as you have alluded to & I agree, I don’t fault him for his words here though. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Hasn't done himself any favours.....

Dyche on fans leaving early......  "it seems like reality at this football club. If you're not winning and not doing well that's what happens."

well dyche let's look at what could possibly make fans leave....

In 29 attempts Dyche has never won a game at Goodison where the opposition has scored, all 12 wins have come from clean sheets. So 12/29 win ratio and all come when opponents don't score.

thats the "reality" you speak about dyche..... 

There is one word that sums Dyche up more than most and that is Prick. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

But, if you’re happy with your decision then why be bothered about someone else’s opinion on it? That doesn’t make sense to me. Regardless of scenario. If I own a decision I don’t care about other opinions on it. 

just seen your next post, and completely agree. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Does anyone think he survives when we get new owners I don’t think he does 

No. The supporters of Dyche tend to do so on the basis that they think he can be more expansive if given the opportunity......

started the season with near all new signings on the bench. Unacceptable imo - Keane is never a starting centre half.  People saying Tarkowski was worse? Debatable but you could ask the question "if you play next to Keane then how does that impact you" 

far too negative. 

I'll probably get haymakered for this and that's fine, but after a couple days to marinate on the game I don't think much of this falls on him, unless we're including (lack of) transfer business. He starts Young which is clearly going to be a problem, but his only other natural option is Holgate (I'd prefer Young). So I guess he could've played a back three, or he could've started a cb out of position, or McNeil out of position, or whatever else, but his options are pure shite.

I probably would've started O'Brien, but he's a raw player, and very new to the side. We don't see what Dyche sees in training, and I'd imagine he just hasn't picked up enough comfort with the system or with Tark for Dyche to feel comfortable starting him. Either way, I didn't think Keane was good, but he was the least of our worries this match imo.

The only issue I really have is not starting Ndiaye. Either Doucoure sits deeper and Tim goes to the bench  (which would've been a mistake) or Doucoure goes to the bench (probably the correct choice), but not starting any of our creativity annoyed me. That said, Lindstrom is still rather new to the squad too and I would've been surprised to see him. 

So many of our new players are both young and new to the squad that it'll naturally take a few weeks for them to get up to speed. Combine that with our early injuries and (again, outside of Ndiaye) I think it was pretty damn rough to pick a capable 11. 

9 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I'll probably get haymakered for this and that's fine, but after a couple days to marinate on the game I don't think much of this falls on him, unless we're including (lack of) transfer business. He starts Young which is clearly going to be a problem, but his only other natural option is Holgate (I'd prefer Young). So I guess he could've played a back three, or he could've started a cb out of position, or McNeil out of position, or whatever else, but his options are pure shite.

I probably would've started O'Brien, but he's a raw player, and very new to the side. We don't see what Dyche sees in training, and I'd imagine he just hasn't picked up enough comfort with the system or with Tark for Dyche to feel comfortable starting him. Either way, I didn't think Keane was good, but he was the least of our worries this match imo.

The only issue I really have is not starting Ndiaye. Either Doucoure sits deeper and Tim goes to the bench  (which would've been a mistake) or Doucoure goes to the bench (probably the correct choice), but not starting any of our creativity annoyed me. That said, Lindstrom is still rather new to the squad too and I would've been surprised to see him. 

So many of our new players are both young and new to the squad that it'll naturally take a few weeks for them to get up to speed. Combine that with our early injuries and (again, outside of Ndiaye) I think it was pretty damn rough to pick a capable 11. 

Sadly for dyche he has strong form for selecting  Michael Keane when better alternatives exist..... Mina was fit and he played Keane ahead of him till he could no longer excuse his mistake.  He had branthwaite who has returned from psv and was highly regarded - he still played Keane ahead of him. 

he has favourites - he is stubborn and prone to doing the same thing over and over again that doesn't work. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Sadly for dyche he has strong form for selecting  Michael Keane when better alternatives exist..... Mina was fit and he played Keane ahead of him till he could no longer excuse his mistake.  He had branthwaite who has returned from psv and was highly regarded - he still played Keane ahead of him. 

he has favourites - he is stubborn and prone to doing the same thing over and over again that doesn't work. 

Mina fair enough. Branthwaite was new to the setup and hadn't played with Tarkowski, just like O'Brien, and he started in week 3 last year. I would imagine we'll see the same for O'Brien unless JB comes back by then. 

my own issue is that there was every opertunity in this game to at least start Ndiaye over Doucoure (as we should have more about us going forward at home to Brighton on the season opener) or O'Brian over Keane (with Jarrad injured).

I can understand maybe Keane over OBrian, given they have played together a fair few time, but once you leave O'Brian out, Dyche should have read the room a lot better and started Ndiaye - New players (especially those with a bit of trickery about them), will have just given fans on the season curtain raiser that little bit extra to cheers about.

A bit like when you see newly promoted teams punch above their weigth in the first few weeks of the season, new players can be the same as they are super pumped up to put in a good performance, but they have to be at least on the pitch to do this.

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

And again, his Keane selection had basically nothing to do with why we were so poor.

Not necessarily - playing a defender with absolutely no pace has an impact on how others play or are set up to play. 

not buying this "Keane wasn't as bad as tarks" - tarkowskis performance is gonna be heavily impacted by who he plays alongside 

Branthwaite didn't need to bedded in when he came back from Holland, the branthwaite that played for Everton before he went to Holland was better than Keane 

23 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

my own issue is that there was every opertunity in this game to at least start Ndiaye over Doucoure (as we should have more about us going forward at home to Brighton on the season opener) or O'Brian over Keane (with Jarrad injured).

I can understand maybe Keane over OBrian, given they have played together a fair few time, but once you leave O'Brian out, Dyche should have read the room a lot better and started Ndiaye - New players (especially those with a bit of trickery about them), will have just given fans on the season curtain raiser that little bit extra to cheers about.

A bit like when you see newly promoted teams punch above their weigth in the first few weeks of the season, new players can be the same as they are super pumped up to put in a good performance, but they have to be at least on the pitch to do this.

Spot on. Starting Keane cos "he had a strong pre season"........ what a load of nonsense! O'Brien was very good in the games I seen. As for Doucoure over ndiaye...... just ridiculous. Keeping him on pitch for second half was even more so 

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Well, I would’ve started Ndiaye, but I certainly don’t expect Dyche to make decisions based upon the crowds reaction. I expect him to make decisions based upon the likelihood of the side generating results. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Well, I would’ve started Ndiaye, but I certainly don’t expect Dyche to make decisions based upon the crowds reaction. I expect him to make decisions based upon the likelihood of the side generating results. 

A manager with £80m worth of talent  brought in (if you factor in the value of lindstrom) and only starting one of them after having them for pre season is a joke. 

we had gaps in the side - opportunities for new players to stake a claim. Did any of his favourites do well??? Young - no. Keane - no. Doucoure - no. 

he's a mind numbingly negative manager