IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

1 hour ago, patto said:

Well didn’t we tell Holgate last summer he needed to find a club and he wouldn’t be involved I don’t remember that having any affect on the players in the squad when he left.

we are fighting for our survival we can’t afford to carry players with a combined wage of probably 200/250K a week who will not be playing. 

Holgate was loaned out, but none of us know how he was treated or what he was told. 

So what do we do if we don’t have a buyer for these players? You want 200/250k per week training with the kids? These aren’t very good players and that’s the problem when you want them to go. You start to alienate them and you cause bigger problems.

Dyche and Thelwell have been around long enough to know how to hand these situations.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If it even happened then it worked because we played better, so that looks more like good management than anything.

Better players help…what happened to it’s a friendly it’s fitness that matters ?

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He is actually quite renowned as being an excellent man manager but it seems your budgies dogs best friends goldfish who knows the cat at Finch Farm has told you some inside information so let’s sack him immediately ! 

Don’t shoot the messenger but I think he’s gone when new owners come in. 

29 minutes ago, patto said:

I believe Dyche kicked off after the Coventry game but as usual mainly singled out a couple of the young players this fella has no man management whatsoever he’s a bully. 

Who did he single out? 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I believe Dyche kicked off after the Coventry game but as usual mainly singled out a couple of the young players this fella has no man management whatsoever he’s a bully. 

Absolute nonsense. He said before and after the first few games that all he cares about is fitness and nothing more, then before the Preston game said now they will step up tactically. At previous games he said the team didn’t even have a tactical plan. 

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

Absolute nonsense. He said before and after the first few games that all he cares about is fitness and nothing more, then before the Preston game said now they will step up tactically. At previous games he said the team didn’t even have a tactical plan. 

Well whose fault is that

28 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Think you may have missed the point there

No you must have plans for all games if you just want to throw a bunch of players on the park without any tactics you might as well just run around finch farm to get fit. 

54 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

As things stand, I hope not. Also where are these mythical new owners? 

Does seem to have gone quiet. I’m not sure if we should be worried or taking advantage of a break in the stress haha.

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Does seem to have gone quiet. I’m not sure if we should be worried or taking advantage of a break in the stress haha.

Sooner we get them in the better but haven’t they said unless Moshiri takes control of the 200m debt we have to wait for the result of court case. 

20 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He is actually quite renowned as being an excellent man manager but it seems your budgies dogs best friends goldfish who knows the cat at Finch Farm has told you some inside information so let’s sack him immediately ! 

2 months ago when Jarrad never got picked for England I said it was a good thing so he would be able to have some surgery. 
At the time nobody knew he was injured other than himself so the finch farm cat got that one right. 
also I’ve never said sack him I’ve said we can’t afford to sack him it’s all about cost at the moment. 

20 hours ago, patto said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but I think he’s gone when new owners come in. 

Aren’t you the messenger for something you think? There’s no messenger here, it’s just what you think.

I’d say there’s a high possibility that Dyche is replaced when the new owners come with their new/own ideas but, if we’re doing well, I’d hope for a period of consistency where they assess what’s going to be right short, mid and long-term for our great club. Really, it’s impossible to say as we don’t know who these owners will be and when it will happen. I think Dyche is in his final 12months of his contract - I’d happily see him continue here as I think he’s been good for EFC and we are finally progressing again e.g I don’t see us as a relegation contender this season (sadly, that’s progress) but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees out this contract and is replaced next summer.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Aren’t you the messenger for something you think? There’s no messenger here, it’s just what you think.

I’d say there’s a high possibility that Dyche is replaced when the new owners come with their new/own ideas but, if we’re doing well, I’d hope for a period of consistency where they assess what’s going to be right short, mid and long-term for our great club. Really, it’s impossible to say as we don’t know who these owners will be and when it will happen. I think Dyche is in his final 12months of his contract - I’d happily see him continue here as I think he’s been good for EFC and we are finally progressing again e.g I don’t see us as a relegation contender this season (sadly, that’s progress) but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees out this contract and is replaced next summer.

If we want to see how it goes offer him a 1 year extension I can’t imagine we offer him a long contract at the moment. 
but who offers him that contract ?

25 minutes ago, patto said:

If we want to see how it goes offer him a 1 year extension I can’t imagine we offer him a long contract at the moment. 
but who offers him that contract ?

We don’t need to offer him a contract as he’s already under contract for the 24/25 season - the new owners ‘should’ be in place at some point during the 24/25 season so they’ll have time to assess Dyche as well as many other things.

42 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We don’t need to offer him a contract as he’s already under contract for the 24/25 season - the new owners ‘should’ be in place at some point during the 24/25 season so they’ll have time to assess Dyche as well as many other things.

I’m saying when new owners come in if things look ok offer him an extension of 1 year to see how it develops. 

25 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m saying when new owners come in if things look ok offer him an extension of 1 year to see how it develops. 

So you think he’ll be gone but would personally give him more time?

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

So you think he’ll be gone but would personally give him more time?

Yeah providing we are in a decent position 

but i still think he will be gone if we had been in a different financial situation he would already have gone no one goes 3 months without a win and survives. 

If I was a new owner coming in I’d want at least one more season, after this coming season, just for the sake of stability. 
Keep the ship steady, get into BMD, get used to the changes in PSR, continue to move on the deadwood. Then, maybe, for the 25/26 season consider another manager. 

Dyche on the other hand might argue that if we finish mid table this season he deserves a two or three contract. It would be hard to disagree with him too. After all, he’s been the only adult in the room for the past 18 months.