IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I meant more having everyone available 

I thought you did... I'm talking about archaic ineffective pre season that has the players looking exhausted mid game or actually injured.  

we have lost all our August games under Dyche - he's won 2 games in August in his whole EPL career. That's absolutely incredible - it's not a coincidence. 

Creature of habit who is stubborn to the point of stupidity. The footy analysts at the club are at their wits end with him - the more he is told to do something different - the more he resists. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I see an uncoached side tbh, I see unfit players, I see make it up as you go along tactics.   Actually think that we have the makings of a solid top half side with good coaching and management. 

potter would get a tune out of these. 

However, Potter favours wide players attaching the flanks. Unfortunately, we don't have wingers or attacking backs in the team or squad at the moment. It is our real area of weakness.

Perhaps a Patterson would flurish - but given amount of time he spends on the treatment table since he has been here I am sceptical if he'd ever become a regular dependable starter, even under a manager who favours his strengths.

I enjoyed Potters football, but would he be to much of a playing style jump this season, given the position we are in and the squad we have? Although, could also argue that we need to bring these types of players to the club in anycase, and Potter has shown has an eye for such talent. Small squad with more going in the summer, we are currently ripe for bring in 3-4 wide players be they wingers, wing backs or overlapping attaching backs. 

Ideal situation is that we battle up to mid table between now and Xmas, and look at giving Potter (or other) half a season to assess what he has in the building, before going in to next summer transfer window - that I feel could be a pivitable one. 

Problem is given the points dropped so far, in all likleyhood we are still going to be hovering in or around the relegation zone at the turn of the year. So second half of the season most likley we are not going to be comfortable to give a new manager a bit of a free hit.

I think the timing on bring in a new manager is important.

Just now, RuffRob said:

However, Potter favours wide players attaching the flanks. Unfortunately, we don't have wingers or attacking backs in the team or squad at the moment. It is our real area of weakness.

Perhaps a Patterson would flurish - but given amount of time he spends on the treatment table since he has been here I am sceptical if he'd ever become a regular dependable starter, even under a manager who favours his strengths.

I enjoyed Potters football, but would he be to much of a playing style jump this season, given the position we are in and the squad we have? Although, could also argue that we need to bring these types of players to the club in anycase, and Potter has shown has an eye for such talent. Small squad with more going in the summer, we are currently ripe for bring in 3-4 wide players be they wingers, wing backs or overlapping attaching backs. 

Ideal situation is that we battle up to mid table between now and Xmas, and look at giving Potter (or other) half a season to assess what he has in the building, before going in to next summer transfer window - that I feel could be a pivitable one. 

Problem is given the points dropped so far, in all likleyhood we are still going to be hovering in or around the relegation zone at the turn of the year. So second half of the season most likley we are not going to be comfortable to give a new manager a bit of a free hit.

I think the timing on bring in a new manager is important.

I actually believe we can have width - Dyche doesn't like width.   He is happy for opponents to get ball out wide and cross it in and backs out centre halves -  a keeper who commands his 6 yard box well is essential and Pickford isn't strong at this. This is where many of our goals come from - Bournemouth, Leicester, palace. 

Dyche doesn’t do the fitness training though, other than his boss day. He’s the manager not the coach, let alone the fitness coach. 
Im not sure if Dyche brought his own team over, but it sounds like it needs to be a complete clear out and start again fresh. 

Get new fitness coaches in, new Dietitians in, but most of….. a finishing coach. 

I believe the defense will sort itself out with a few decent performances as they don’t just forget how to play. 
Midfield I’m happy with, some decent talent along with some young lads. 

Forward line we need another striker. Beto is not at this level and won’t get there I’m afraid. We’re relying on DCL to last through the whole season… and that’s asking for trouble.

Lindstr needs to relax and work on his confidence a lot. Missing chance is one thing, but not attempting them is a massive confidence issue. Hopefully he settles.

Ndiaye…. Well he is the messiah! 

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Dyche doesn’t do the fitness training though, other than his boss day. He’s the manager not the coach, let alone the fitness coach. 
Im not sure if Dyche brought his own team over, but it sounds like it needs to be a complete clear out and start again fresh. 

Get new fitness coaches in, new Dietitians in, but most of….. a finishing coach. 

I believe the defense will sort itself out with a few decent performances as they don’t just forget how to play. 
Midfield I’m happy with, some decent talent along with some young lads. 

Forward line we need another striker. Beto is not at this level and won’t get there I’m afraid. We’re relying on DCL to last through the whole season… and that’s asking for trouble.

Lindstr needs to relax and work on his confidence a lot. Missing chance is one thing, but not attempting them is a massive confidence issue. Hopefully he settles.

Ndiaye…. Well he is the messiah! 

And a psychologist 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I see an uncoached side tbh, I see unfit players, I see make it up as you go along tactics.   Actually think that we have the makings of a solid top half side with good coaching and management. 

potter would get a tune out of these. 

Some guy, making mugs and playing the fiddle.

been reading here and there about Maurizio Sarri being a shout for new managers once Friedkin take over. Probably lazy , 'Friedkin own a italian team so Freidkin will employ high profile italian managers' type journalist or social media writers. However, it is not in the relms of total fantasy.

I can't say I would me massivley enthused by a high profile older coach coming in especially given his attacking football is the polar opposite of what the team is doing now. I would imagine a coach like this would want good backing in the transfer market, and may not be as focused on developing a young team, but wanting a more instant success type players coming in. Don't want the squad filling up with older, high paid players, only for manager to change again in less than 12months time, when we realise majority here are maybe no up to playing Sarriball.

Case of being 'once bitten' maybe and just 'nervouse' of money being wasted again trying to force immediate success.