IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

@Palfy and I were having a go at each other last season about something or other (think it was Dyche related, surprise surprise). I DM'd him and apologized and we had a good chat about things totally unrelated to EFC.

But I DM'd him cause he seemed like a reasonable guy who I got into a petty argument with about something. 

I feel like if I did the same to Haf, he'd tell me to fuck off and go back to my group chat where all we talk about is him 24/7

I have spoke with Haf on a few occasions where I have felt the need to apologise. He is a reasonable guy to be honest mate. He knows we all blow off sometimes and might not agree even if you apologise… but he won’t tell you to fuck off haha. He won’t just agree with you either…. But he has to keep a bit of Haf going 😉

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

In real life you're sharp as a tack aren't you?

It's like Clark Kent and Superman, just without the flying and the undies on the outside (I hope).

Exactly mate, this is all just an act to deceive. Real life I’m a proper genie us!!

I have been known to turn up with boxers on the outside, but that’s after a Good Friday night.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

We did have a coming together to clear the air and get back to a more harmonious place, which I’m pleased we did. It’s very difficult to get a true sense of someone on a forum that is based mainly on opinions. 
I've had to PM people on more occasions than I care to share which tells me 2 things, 1 I can be a right dickhead and 2 I’m prepared to hold my hands up and try to make amends. 
I have had disagreements with Haf myself in the past and have felt the need to PM him, and I can only say how I found him on a personal level, that he’s a very intelligent personable person, who when you engage with on a one to one is not the person you seem to think he is. 
Dunlopp if I may I think your last statement shouldn’t have been shared in the open forum but PM’d directly to Haf as to how you feel, you’ve made a statement you can’t know to be true, if you had sent that directly to Haf you would have had true picture of the response. 
Anyway I’m not here to teach you or anyone one else to suck eggs, as Matt has said on many occasions people need to PM each other to try to forge a way forward before it gets too out of hand, and we are the evidence of that wouldn’t you agree. 

Ya see, I don't agree mate; you form an opinion of someone over twenty years on the forum over multiple thousands of posts, and yet you don't really know them until a handful of personal messages are exchanged?

Nah.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I have spoke with Haf on a few occasions where I have felt the need to apologise. He is a reasonable guy to be honest mate. He knows we all blow off sometimes and might not agree even if you apologise… but he won’t tell you to fuck off haha. He won’t just agree with you either…. But he has to keep a bit of Haf going 😉

This is a challenge if ever I saw one, so I just added it to my bucket list.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

That can happen fortunately or unfortunately. 

Humans are very strange creatures - give a person a role with a self perceived element of authority/supervision and they feel their judgement automatically becomes more accurate than others....   Along with this you will get the people who play up to them who somehow make them feel that they are right - they ain't, it's just game playing...feathering their bed. 

"oh we love 360 feedback" say managers in their 1 day crash course on how to talk shit that they don't believe... - really?  Then why is "fear of speaking up without being viewed negatively" one of the biggest obstacles to a good culture? - it's cos people who think they apply and make the rules can't see their own flaws.  People ain't stupid till they get promoted to a role where they think rules don't apply to them. 

am I talking about Everton, the government, this forum? I could be talking about anything. Humans are predictable - only the most arrogant think that what I'm saying doesn't apply to them.

one thing that is obvious from my observations is the people who spend more time pointing out the flaws in others have more to be concerned about with themselves.  Of course... when this is presented to them - what they will do is to vent amongst themselves in their echo chamber as to how dare that nasty/awful/opinionated person/people dare to even have the audacity to say such things about us.  "It's not us it's them... we know this cos we only listen to the stuff people tell us that we want to hear".

disruptors - very annoying people cos they tell comfortable people stuff that makes them uncomfortable.  Far preferable to poachers turned gamekeepers 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Humans are very strange creatures - give a person a role with a self perceived element of authority/supervision and they feel their judgement automatically becomes more accurate than others....   Along with this you will get the people who play up to them who somehow make them feel that they are right - they ain't, it's just game playing...feathering their bed. 

"oh we love 360 feedback" say managers in their 1 day crash course on how to talk shit that they don't believe... - really?  Then why is "fear of speaking up without being viewed negatively" one of the biggest obstacles to a good culture? - it's cos people who think they apply and make the rules can't see their own flaws.  People ain't stupid till they get promoted to a role where they think rules don't apply to them. 

am I talking about Everton, the government, this forum? I could be talking about anything. Humans are predictable - only the most arrogant think that what I'm saying doesn't apply to them.

one thing that is obvious from my observations is the people who spend more time pointing out the flaws in others have more to be concerned about with themselves.  Of course... when this is presented to them - what they will do is to vent amongst themselves in their echo chamber as to how dare that nasty/awful/opinionated person/people dare to even have the audacity to say such things about us.  "It's not us it's them... we know this cos we only listen to the stuff people tell us that we want to hear".

disruptors - very annoying people cos they tell comfortable people stuff that makes them uncomfortable.  Far preferable to poachers turned gamekeepers 

You know what Haf I will agree with your comments, more based on looking at myself, I’m the aggressor and sometimes the pacifist, l’m sometimes knowledgeable on subjects and quite often unknowledgeable on subjects, I try not too judge if I can help it not always successfully but accept that I will get judged rightly or wrongly, I have good day’s and I have bad days, I can be friendly and I can be unfriendly.
I believe no one can truly no me just from my open posts, sometimes I hardly recognise myself with some of the stuff I post so how anyone else can claim to know me is a mystery, for those that I have shared PM’s with me they will have had a glimpse of the real me whether they like or dislike what they see is beyond my control, and yes I do care no one I would hope likes do be disliked I am me for all that’s good and bad take it or leave it.  

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You know what Haf I will agree with your comments, more based on looking at myself, I’m the aggressor and sometimes the pacifist, l’m sometimes knowledgeable on subjects and quite often unknowledgeable on subjects, I try not too judge if I can help it not always successfully but accept that I will get judged rightly or wrongly, I have good day’s and I have bad days, I can be friendly and I can be unfriendly.
I believe no one can truly no me just from my open posts, sometimes I hardly recognise myself with some of the stuff I post so how anyone else can claim to know me is a mystery, for those that I have shared PM’s with me they will have had a glimpse of the real me whether they like or dislike what they see is beyond my control, and yes I do care no one I would hope likes do be disliked I am me for all that’s good and bad take it or leave it.  

I read my own posts on Everton and think "I'd hate to meet that bellend".... my opinions on Everton bring out a persona that isn't me. 

thats my whole point - keep it about the footy or topic rather than the person. 

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

I give him credit for the 2nd half turnaround, and for once his substitutions worked he kept his key players on instead of removing them and allowing the opposition to take control of the game, a lesson learned from previous games and hopefully one he won’t forget. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAeEVByOsj-/?igsh=MWl1YjlzcnB6MG1iOA==

Ashley young giving credit to Coleman for the turnaround....... seems he laid into the players. 

This is what Dyche had to say about half time.

Asked what happened in the dressing room to inspire the change in fortunes, Dyche said: “Not a lot. We just tried to correct a few things and told them it is a team game and everyone has got to make a difference and not wait for someone else. I just felt we played a bit cagey, which is understandable, it is a nervy stadium to get that first win, and I think we handled the second half very well.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is what Dyche had to say about half time.

Not impressed - "nervy stadium".... I thought the fans were superb yesterday. Considering the team have no show for 45 minutes and looked like they didn't know what they were doing they got behind the side.

He deffo knows he's going cos he is taking churlish pot shots here there and everywhere.   

he said Dwight had one great moment and one good moment. Just say "he bailed us out today with match winning quality"....... from a technical view his second goal was better than the first. So I'm not sure what was great and what was good.  First was spectacular - second was a far more difficult skill 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not impressed - "nervy stadium" I thought the fans were superb yesterday. Considering the team have no show for 45 minutes and looked like they didn't know what they were doing they got behind the side.

I didn't want to read too much into it, but I paused to think after that comment. I think it's no secret that Dyche will be off soon and it does seem to me that he's not arsed about it. There does seem to be an us/him type of relationship which I guess the fans aren't totally blameless for, but its a puzzling dynamic nonetheless.

Edit: Just to add, if Dyche is saying (not that I'm drawing conclusions) that the fans/stadium are somehow to blame, even in part for the start we've had then he's utterly deluded.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not impressed - "nervy stadium".... I thought the fans were superb yesterday. Considering the team have no show for 45 minutes and looked like they didn't know what they were doing they got behind the side.

He deffo knows he's going cos he is taking churlish pot shots here there and everywhere.   

he said Dwight had one great moment and one good moment. Just say "he bailed us out today with match winning quality"....... from a technical view his second goal was better than the first. So I'm not sure what was great and what was good.  First was spectacular - second was a far more difficult skill 

It was a nervy stadium, that is a fact.

They were moaning and groaning for most of it, brightened up when the goals in and sang, and then went back to being nervous watchers. Superb is not the word I'd use to describe the crowd at all yesterday.

I'm not having a go at all, I was part of that crowd, but Dyche isn't wrong in that assessment whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was a nervy stadium, that is a fact.

They were moaning and groaning for most of it, brightened up when the goals in and sang, and then went back to being nervous watchers. Superb is not the word I'd use to describe the crowd at all yesterday.

I'm not having a go at all, I was part of that crowd, but Dyche isn't wrong in that assessment whatsoever.

I was also part of the crowd, and we were nervous, first half showing made it feel like we didn’t have a chance of getting points, Palace we running rings round us, we were offering very little, 2 moments of quality from McNeil won the points, we didn’t really do much else after that. We did groan but also cheered when there was stuff to cheer about, Branthwaites crunching tackle being one of them.

However we won, onwards and upwards from here hopefully.

On 28/09/2024 at 10:40, Hafnia said:

I’ve seen threads go off topic many time, it’s the TT way, but this is fucking weird. 😂